Sign in to follow this  
JB3DG

What developers want

We cannot move forward while still thinking in the past and old methods folks.

If anyone here wishes to convert their own products for XPlane, they would have to simply do as the Laminar Research SDK instructs and get going with developing time, same goes for AF2, DC World, etc.

So I don't see why it should be different with MS2020, I rather would work hard to port over any product in order to obtain stunning results with the new simulator instead of wasting time with backward compatibility procedures that would only achieve very basic looks and functionality inside the new sim.

I think no users using this simulator would like and tolerate products that would look and feel like they are in FS9 or FSX, then what is the point in upgrading..

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 11

Injection of aircraft parameters post processing. 
IE After the aircraft.cfg / .air file values are processed real time allow injection of user created values that will overwrite and not fight with sim processed values.
For instance, some values are already available and work via XMLTools but some get overwritten.  

• Like 2

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Scripting of materials parameters to set material temperature dynamically (for IR cameras), as well as dynamic UV coordinate control, including offset U/V/W axis, rotations, and scale U/V/W axis.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Hi,

I am a freeware developer an this is what I want to see on the new Sim:

1. AI air traffic:

I like to make a flight plan for dedicated AI aircraft like any other selected FS aircraft in the Sim. This flight plan entries should be inserted in the FLT file also, same as the flight plan for the normal aircraft, so they are activated as soon as the flight is started by the sim. 

2. AI boats traffic:

Same function for dedicated ships like a carrier for example.

3. Droppable objects like external tanks or weapons should never be part of the FLT file !! To get them activated  a normal gauge button should be used.    

Edited by Dietmar
nee to add more
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4. For images not only bmp formats should be supported. Formats being developed with vector graphics tools should be supported also.

Dietmar

• Like 3

Here some more items on my wish list :

5. It should be possible to add NAV aids ( ILS,ADF,DME VOR )  for moving AI boats traffic  ( Keyword: Carrier OPS ) by the developer. Along with the route plan  for the AI object. Should be possible for addon ships also. 

6. The current AI boat traffic is in conflict with the airport ground AI traffic. On my boats radar gauge I see boats and airport AI ground traffic. Needs just to be fixed I think.

7. To add a virtual cockpit ( VC ) to any standard model or addon model independently of the aircraft model. A entry in the aircraft.cfg should remove the current VC and allow to insert a different VC without affecting the aircraft model.

8. A Sim recorder function as a SDK tool would be very nice. It should be possible by the developer to add the recorded situation into the current flight in order to generate a formation flight of a number of aircraft ( military flight show for example ) .

9. Keep XML as a developer program language and also the ACE tool please !

10. Keep GMAX supported or provide an equivalent tool as part of a new SDK.

That's it from my end.       

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dietmar said:

7. To add a virtual cockpit ( VC ) to any standard model or addon model independently of the aircraft model. A entry in the aircraft.cfg should remove the current VC and allow to insert a different VC without affecting the aircraft model.

You have had that ability since FSX was first released.

Look in the ../model folder and edit the model.cfg file to comment out the current VC and then add a new line to use your substitute VC name instead.

It will probably require some fiddling with the aircraft.cfg file's [eyepoint] coordinates in order to position the substitute VC properly with respect to the exterior model.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK, you are correct Bill !  I had something different in my mind and mixed it up. So skip item 7.

Dietmar 

As a freeware dev,

I would like (like in X-Plane) to have two major possibilities to make plugins

• A simple one, with Python for example, to make lightweight and quick plugins, usually for personal use or for friends
  • A more complex one, with more possbilities, maybe in C, that we allow us to get a deeper access to simulator's core.

We are still not sure if the sim will be over Azure, but if yes, I would suggest 2 things:

• Possibility to run plugins on local machine, while dev for example or personal use, also if internet connection is not stable.
  • Create a "marketplace" where each player can install plugins that they want on their instance, and that would be done automatically with a prepared "recipe" so the player don't have to access remote folders to install it. (Something like : PluginAsAService). And so freeware and payware developpers can distribute their work in a single place and can decide if they want to make it free or not. Also i think that will decrease the "cracks" versions of addons if something is located in a single place and managed by Microsoft.

Network functions that allow transmission over multiplayer of custom data of any kind for use in shared cockpit, as well as data links between aircraft.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Provide SDK in advance of FS2020 release so that we can get a headstart with 3rd party design and development. And if Microsoft reading this thread, include small devs like us to participate in Tech Alphas and betas, pls.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

I'd like to have the ability of importing data from SHP files or directly from Open Street Map without resorting to intermediate conversion software.

I'm one of the developers of OSM World: South America VTP scenery for FS9 (freeware, available here at the Library), so you can see where do I come from.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Realistically, this thread should have been started 2 years ago. I'm sure the formats for all the assets of Dos Equis are already etched in stone. They are pretty far along with development. What I wish, is they would share file format info and any compiling process with us... sort of a pre-SDK, so we can gather the data and the tools necessary for 3rd party production.

• Like 1

What about early access to the SDK (maybe only documention for the beginning) and after that a priority access to the Alpha/Beta to test 3rd party software. Having freeware Addons already working on the release of MSFS would be great 🙂

MS seems to read already AVSIM, hopefully they get active here and in other big Forums as well

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

We need 8.33khz frequency spacing.

• Upvote 6

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69