Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

I would love to see more available failures and emergencies.  Like with FSPax, you could perhaps determine how likely your aircraft is to have a failure, rather than setting them up knowing what's going to happen.

• Upvote 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1. the able to create different aircraft profiles for hardware controls 

2. a vr  camera section so you can setup different views like chaseplane and be able to assign it to hardware in vr

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, blueairone70 said:

1. the able to create different aircraft profiles for hardware controls 

you can already do that. All my P3D aircraft have a different hardware profile within the sim for my Warthog HOTAS (I don't use FSUIPC). The only thing missing is tuning the axis  response curves like DCS does.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, domkle said:

you can already do that. All my P3D aircraft have a different hardware profile within the sim for my Warthog HOTAS (I don't use FSUIPC). The only thing missing is tuning the axis  response curves like DCS does.

But, as in Xplane, each aircraft hardware profile can be configured without the use of an outside program such as FSUIPC. A very nice feature indeed.

Edited by Adrian123

7 hours ago, Noooch said:

- Time acceleration in-flight. I know it's not realistic but that's the only way for some of us to make middle or long-haul flights. (Don't know how we will manage the streaming, maybe with minimal resolution and no weather injection?)

Yes, and we need the kind of time acceleration that increases the speed of the entire simulation including flight model, not just accelerating the ground speed (although that could be an optional second mode). Time acceleration of the flight and aricraft systems modeling is the only thing that's "legal" for FSEconomy and won't break the flight. 

4 hours ago, vortex681 said:

But you can already do what real pilots do and check it online before you start your planning. As long as the sim uses actual weather data, this would be the most realistic way to do it.

That's true for the user, but it could also be helpful for the sim to "know" what the weather is like at the destination, so it can look ahead to METAR and other data along the route, smoothing out the transitions instead of doing sudden jumps between weather data. This could be active when the user sets up a flight plan in advance instead of just free flight.

That would be similar to a feature in ActiveSkyX where you can point it to a flight plan, so it can smooth transitions along the way. 

21 minutes ago, domkle said:

Yes, it's important to be able to set up those axis assignments and response as well, like XP11 and DCS. For example, I have different response curves for my throttle depending on whether it's fixed wing or helicopter, which gives me much more sensitive control over the collective range when flying helicopters.

Assuming this feature is added, it's also helpful to have a choice between assigning controls per individual aircraft, and also for broad categories of aircraft like helicopters, single engine GA, twin engine GA, airliner etc., so you don't have to do a custom assignment for each new aircraft model you acquire, but have a good starting point. That's how XP11 does it. For that to work, each aircraft needs a field for type ID in the model.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Just one teeny tiny little request really...

Try to make everything (world, weather, lighting, atc, ground handling, aircraft systems/dynamics) AS REAL AS IT GETS.

Thank you.

😎

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

25 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

That's true for the user, but it could also be helpful for the sim to "know" what the weather is like at the destination, so it can look ahead to METAR and other data along the route, smoothing out the transitions instead of doing sudden jumps between weather data.

That presupposes that your flight isn't going to be longer than 1 hour (the normal METAR interval) AND that it won't go past the time at which the next METAR is published. If either of these cases isn't true, the sim can't know what the weather will actually be at the destination.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

- Volumetric lights! So we can see the landings lights threw the clouds and fog.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

That presupposes that your flight isn't going to be longer than 1 hour (the normal METAR interval) AND that it won't go past the time at which the next METAR is published. If either of these cases isn't true, the sim can't know what the weather will actually be at the destination.

I thought ActiveSky did that by filling in some large radius METAR stations and re-downloading every (update) interval. Special METARs for a significant change should be caught in the redownload cycle. What would be nice is if the engine reading the METAR data had better fill-in and transitions (and only updated if there is a change rather than “oh look, something repopulated metar, redraw * weather to be - the same!

Can we have functioning and accurate (geographically) lighthouses???

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Something which needs to be improved is the replay function so it always includes the flight controls (aileron, rudder, elevator, trim) and panel gauges changes. Some aircraft do that (the Lotus L-39 for instance which in many respects was well advanced for its time) some , even the best on the market (A2A etc.) don't.

The replay function would thus become a very useful training tool to analyse what went wrong in a landing for instance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

17 hours ago, Krakin said:

Can we have functioning and accurate (geographically) lighthouses???

We had that in Microsoft Flight. Some of the aerocaches were to find a particular lighthouse.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

We had that in Microsoft Flight. Some of the aerocaches were to find a particular lighthouse.

If they use the OSM data, it would be easy to accomplish that almost globally. There are a lot of general POIs (churchs, lighthouses, trasmission towers etc) already there, unless they have more accurate data.

7 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

If they use the OSM data, it would be easy to accomplish that almost globally. There are a lot of general POIs (churchs, lighthouses, trasmission towers etc) already there, unless they have more accurate data.

Speaking of PoI it might be high time that MS recognizes that churches/cathedrals are integrally part of the European landscapes... Every town, village has one and they are useful landmarks to fly visual !

Dominique

59 minutes ago, domkle said:

Speaking of PoI it might be high time that MS recognizes that churches/cathedrals are integrally part of the European landscapes... Every town, village has one and they are useful landmarks to fly visual !

Pubs too! Don’t forget pubs! 👍😁

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather