Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Speaking of PoI it might be high time that MS recognizes that churches/cathedrals are integrally part of the European landscapes... Every town, village has one and they are useful landmarks to fly visual !

...and water tower with the names of the places written on it...

Richard

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I would love to see an in-sim mod manager menu with ability to subscribe to updates and payware purchasing (equivalent to steam workshop), coming from x-plane, dragging files around and using a text editor to manage scenery is a big hassle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Better ATC including SIDs and Stars along with improved lessons and missions to show off the new abilities of the Sim along with historic landmarks.

Improved flight models and visual icing would be nice 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jelknab said:

I would love to see an in-sim mod manager menu with ability to subscribe to updates and payware purchasing (equivalent to steam workshop), coming from x-plane, dragging files around and using a text editor to manage scenery is a big hassle.

Good first post - I agree!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Hello,

I'm so excited for the future! Glad you are back.  I'm still using FSX and loving it but definitely ready for an upgrade! I look forward to 2020! Happy programming! Here is my list:

• Backwards compatibility with plug and play devices (some are outdated but still work)
  • Networking capabilities for external displays and gauges within the program (No need to use WideView or 3rd party programs), this would be useful to home cockpit builders with more than 2 external displays
  • Built in interactive live traffic which includes airport ops, ground ops, gates, hangars. etc.
  • Built in liveries of real world aircraft

I agree with much that has been already listed.  Thank you for the opportunity to give input!

• Upvote 1

Just as important what I don't want, a 64bit FSX so to have full backward compatibility with the old version addons, in other words not a new sim just to satisfy the third party devs who will charge upgrade prices for the same thing we have now.,  

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I am a bit confused. People want full backward compatibility, and at the same time something completely new.that begs me the question of what would be more important if only one of the two would work?

Edited by Pitbull2504
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would like to see something like Euro/American Truck Simulator. But in Flight Simulator. So similar to Air Hauler, or FSEconomy for FSX. 

But I would like that all built into the base game. This will give an element of longevity to the sim. You always have something to do. 

Cheers,

Bully.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Fix the polar regions of the globe to make them flyable. 

• Upvote 2

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Just now, Airboeing said:

Well, pushbak would be nice.

Sustained

Oh, do not know if that's been mentioned already, but something like the FSRecorder as default for replaying things would be great!

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andiroto said:

Oh, do not know if that's been mentioned already, but something like the FSRecorder as default for replaying things would be great!

Thanks!

That is a great suggestion.  I'd second that.

But a recorder that is capable of recording a whole range of animations on complex aircraft, which doesn't result in a jerky, stuttery mess.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3

MISSIONS, please: more, deeper and better missions

I am glad to see that many friends here have already made their requests about Missions in the new Sim. I maintain two Sims in my system: a “vanilla-scenery” FSX, only dedicated to Missions (the default and every add-ons, freeware or payware, that I can obtain: I have learned that scenery improvements often interfere with Missions); and a P3D up-to-date for the nice stuff.

So, after the July 25th update, I feel more encouraged to add my own three (Euro) Cents:

Learning: I think that Interactive Missions was one of most important forward steps of FSX. With Missions, the user can be guided to learn and improve skills about any aspect of aeronautical knowledge, and all across the world. The entire Missions system was very improved in the failed Flight Sim World, I hope that all those improvements could be recovered and put even forward now.

Discovering the World: I remember that, before discovering Missions, many times I enjoyed the sim, but without any goal. You have literally ALL the world at your disposal, with all possible combinations of weather, seasonal options... It is too much. Because of this, I thanks a lot to all good missions designers out there, for the good time past discovering the most beautiful or special places that they have prepared for me to fly and experience all kind of adventures.

Creating your own Missions: when you like something, you want to create it. The vanilla FSX Mission Creation Kit was a little hard. I used sometimes FSX Missions Editor, and I felt that possibilities improved with FSW and P3D. Please, take care about this part of the sim. It is one of best ways to recreate episodes of Aviation History, for example. I remember my baptism in creating missions after seeing the movie “Sully”.  There were several versions already, but I wanted my own one, the one that I like best to fly from time to time.

Thanks for your attention.

• Upvote 2

i9-9900K / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 2070 8 GB / W10 64