Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

MICROSOFT - IT'S REALLY THIS SIMPLE;

I WANT TO FLY COMPLEX AIRCRAFT (IN THE TRUE MEANING OF THE SENSE) OVER LONDON AT MORE THAN 15 FPS.

If you can do that (and I don't mean 16 FPS) I'll love you all over again.

(I'm a supplier of commercial simulators for flying schools, organisations and individuals.)

This really matters to me as P3D is frame-bound (in the same way that FSX is - with ESP) and X-plane is too quirky.

The Sims I've built and service at the moment are all running FSX and they're all flying on the South Coast of the U.K. - near London with LHR, LGW.

I'm ready to deliver the Next Gen to my customers - I'd prefer not to have to buy an ORBX Commercial License - as it's pretty rubbish for England and expensive - and it doesn't really look like what you see Real World when you glance out of the window of a PA-28  Warrior - in which I have over 150 Hours.

Over to you. 

That is all. Thank you. (And don't forget that Bill G was a big fan of FS - so go consult the "Oracle" now and again - I bet he's got his eye on this one, big time - and politely deny his request for Meigs Field!

Go to! Go to!

I'm up for a Beta.

Edited by Guest

Late to the game, so I'd imagine this has already been added (there's certainly been some good comments from what I've read) - but for what it's worth (IMO) perhaps warrants another comment. I'd be happy to see:

• A UI along the lines of FSUIPC, that can help set and calibrate control methods.

• Ability to officially use the product for study, hopefully with NAA endorsements - at least from FAA and EASA. If possible, this may need to be made available as something 3rd Party developers can apply for when releasing add-ons and so on.

• Ability to use/practice vocal radio transmissions to the standard of PilotEdge for example, if possible with a reliable AI so users could develop radio skills without fear of embarrassment. 

• Weather - presently sims present this as something fairly static and rely on 3rd party camera effects to simulate motion. If this could be something programmed to influence the flight dynamics of the planes flown instead, and required inputs to correct.

Admittedly, at least 2 of these ideas are tall orders, but the ability for a flight school running a few copies of the product to actually know it has developed from the current benefits like cockpit familiarization would be rather nice.

The UI (dialog windows etc.) not to look game-like, the standard Windows dialog scheme is sufficient.

Also, don't squeeze the flight planing map into a small dialog, it should be full-screen.

A map that can be popped up with the current location and heading etc. would be great.

• Like 1

Siggy Schwarz

Key things for me are:

1. Support for 3rd party hardware controllers e.g. Goflight modules

2. Realistic environment i.e. suitable numbers of planes, trains and automobiles that won't drive down frame rates too low

3. Smooth terrain transition - no mesh/texture popping as seen in p3d

4. Realistic 3D object draw distance - buildings and trees can be seen in the distance and do not pop into view

5. Volumetric clouds and smooth weather transitions

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Darren Morris

Unpopular Oppinion but i guess MS wont read till page 19 so dont worry Folks (i know that many of you disagree with me):

- i want simplicity: i want to start up the sim and start flying

- i dont want to get into real "simming" with Cold and dark starts. i want to use ctrl+e and go up to the sky. Reading a handbook before i can even start the engines is a no go for me. i love flying around but i dont have the time to get into the real Thing.

- i want simple addon Installation. klick install and go (i may not be a real simmer but i bought my share on addons anyway. planes and scenery. worth more than 2k Eur. The Gamers are into addons too.

- i want MS to regulate the addon market (and i hear you all loading ur guns Right now guys 😄 )

Let me explain: I would highly prefer a given set of rules for addon developers, that make sure, the above Points are not in danger. For example: Addon Planes have to support ctrl+e, automatic mixture and so on (ofcourse it should still be possible to have all the complexitiy you want). Scenery should be easy Installation, no Messing up of original files and easy activation. strict rules for priorities. No more going to the addon Manager and try different priorities just to realize in the end, that two scenerys are not compatible.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Jazznow said:

Let me explain: I would highly prefer a given set of rules for addon developers, that make sure, the above Points are not in danger. For example: Addon Planes have to support ctrl+e, automatic mixture and so on (ofcourse it should still be possible to have all the complexitiy you want). Scenery should be easy Installation, no Messing up of original files and easy activation. strict rules for priorities. No more going to the addon Manager and try different priorities just to realize in the end, that two scenerys are not compatible.

I don't see how anything you're asking for would be unpopular with what the hardcore types want to see themselves, if the product can do what they're asking for then it's reasonable to presume it can do things like auto starts. Being able to pick and choose how complex it can be would be useful all-round.

Edited by MartinH

On 8/7/2019 at 1:38 PM, DaWu said:

MS is already in the endphase of development. Testing will start soon what means that if something like good ATC is not included yet we will not see it. There is no time left so all the suggestions here are a nice read but nothing that will change the game at all. This thread should have been starteted 3 years ago but MS decided to not announce anything before 2 months ago

Really... end phase? I don't think so, I think there is still time for additions. Which is why MS announced that they wanted to work with the community. Which is why MS have said they are watching this thread very closely. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, ErichB said:

If anyone has the time or inclination to create a poll  for this without losing the will to live, I would suggest doing that.  I'm losing the will to live by having to read 18 pages. There are enough options noted now to cover just about everything.

Lol! I meant in terms of MS finding it easier to identify the most requested features. Not new suggestions 

Edited by martin-w

On 8/7/2019 at 3:27 PM, vortex681 said:

Please, no!!! Who would decide what went into the list? What if something I (or someone else) really wants isn't on the list? Microsoft may think that if it isn't on the list, no one wants it.

WE already have decided.  It would be a case of deciding the number of options to list (there's probably a limit) and sorting through the 19 pages for the most popular, in order. If for example sids and stars are most popular it goes at the top, if better ATC is the second most popular it goes next etc. Clearly MS aren't going to give us everything, so the poll would list the most popular features requested.

Lol! You didn't think i'd give you an endless list, or a list of just my preferences did you? 🙂 

Just a suggestion.  

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

Have an option to select the speed of ATC talks much like EditVoice Pack did. Where is speeds up the sound files but keeps the pitch normal. Ideally to just be able to select from a couple different options like Novice (sounds play at the speed FSX does. Advanced (ATC talks faster), Professional (ATC talks the fastest) and realistic where ATC talks fast at airports that are busy and slower at airports that are not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Lol! You didn't think i'd give you an endless list, or a list of just my preferences did you? 🙂 

Not at all. However, if a really good idea appears, will you be able to add it to the list? Also, the most popular ideas are not always the best.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

13 hours ago, martin-w said:

WE already have decided.  It would be a case of deciding the number of options to list (there's probably a limit) and sorting through the 19 pages for the most popular, in order.

Do it. 🙂

• Upvote 1

My list is simple- 

1. CLOUD SHADOWS!!! please.... i have been asking for cloud shadows since last century.

finding out MS was doing FS again was like dying and going to heaven. I don't have the latest versions with cloud shadows, but they look cool. Been out of FSX for years now and retired my flight stick. Thanks guys.

2. Don't make it back-compatible with older versions. Better to start over from ground zero again. Time to get rid of the FS98, FS95 textures! 

3. Don't put artwork to promote the game which is not actual 'in-game'. That used to cheese people off. If its a scene it should be what you get in-game, not from the marketing and art departments thankyou, like a photo of a real plane. That trickery will not be appreciated this time round.

4. The sound the 'airbrakes' made in Flight Unlimited III on the piper arrow. That rumble sound was way cool. An arrow would be good too. FU3 was an awesome sim. The bird and wind sounds at the opening screen were cool too. Thinking of Looking Glass makes me sad. Those were the days...