Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

13 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Not at all. However, if a really good idea appears, will you be able to add it to the list? Also, the most popular ideas are not always the best.

MS aren't interested in what we think is the "best" addition. They are interested in "what we want to see" in the sim.  MS are saying they want to please us, work with us. Best is subjective. Re adding to the list, I have no idea how the polling system works here, I've never done it, but I would think all of the "really good" ideas have been suggested now after 19 pages. 

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Do it. 🙂

😁 Maybe we should have a poll to decide if we should have a poll? 

On 8/7/2019 at 8:20 PM, ganter said:

MICROSOFT - IT'S REALLY THIS SIMPLE;

I WANT TO FLY COMPLEX AIRCRAFT (IN THE TRUE MEANING OF THE SENSE) OVER LONDON AT MORE THAN 15 FPS.

If MS cant give us way more than 15 frames per second, with modern hardware, they can keep the new sim. I feel you should not have given them an excuse to leave us stuck in the 30 frames per second regime. 60 frames per second minimum at reasonably  high settings is far more like the sim experience we should expect with modern hardware and 1440P monitors. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I would think all of the "really good" ideas have been suggested now after 19 pages. 

I don't think so.

I'm sure we will see more suggestions and 'do not's everytime MS releases more info.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

1 minute ago, dilore said:

I don't think so.

I'm sure we will see more suggestions and 'do not's everytime MS releases more info.

i think we will see more suggestions indeed. But I bet it's way less likely there will be any AWESOME ideas.

On 8/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, ganter said:

MICROSOFT - IT'S REALLY THIS SIMPLE;

I WANT TO FLY COMPLEX AIRCRAFT (IN THE TRUE MEANING OF THE SENSE) OVER LONDON AT MORE THAN 15 FPS.

If you can do that (and I don't mean 16 FPS) I'll love you all over again.

(I'm a supplier of commercial simulators for flying schools, organisations and individuals.)

This really matters to me as P3D is frame-bound (in the same way that FSX is - with ESP) and X-plane is too quirky.

The Sims I've built and service at the moment are all running FSX and they're all flying on the South Coast of the U.K. - near London with LHR, LGW.

I stand corrected, but FSX is still regarded as a game, & is not licensed for commercial use, whereas ESP was. P3D, with the correct hardware, is licenced for use at flying schools etc, whereas FSX schould not be sold as a professional commercial product. You HAVE read the EULA's? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Microsoft. There are some great ideas here. Please watch: 

https://youtu.be/vZE4hHwYqlw

Icing effects

Career mode

Flight planning

Aircraft maneuverability

Reward system

Walk around and interactive airport functionality. 

• Upvote 1

The great thing about MSFS2020/X/whatever it's called today is that my shares in the Popcorn industry have rocketed. Mmm, when to sell? :unsure:

• Like 3

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, HGNK said:

4. The sound the 'airbrakes' made in Flight Unlimited III on the piper arrow. That rumble sound was way cool. An arrow would be good too. FU3 was an awesome sim. The bird and wind sounds at the opening screen were cool too. Thinking of Looking Glass makes me sad. Those were the days...

"Beachjet Niner Lima Golf... clear to land". Looking Glass were awesome weren't they? 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kelvinr said:

Walk around and interactive airport functionality. 

Wouldn't it be great if we could start our experience within a hangar. Maybe a few mechanics servicing our favourite turboprop. Open the hangar doors, tow the little devil out, maybe refuel realistically and take to the skies. Short cuts of course for pseudo wimpy simmers. 😉 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 12:12 PM, MartinH said:

A UI along the lines of FSUIPC, that can help set and calibrate control methods.

I suggested earlier a capable flight dynamics editor with modern easy to navigate UI. Maybe your module analogous to FSUIPC  could be part of that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, martin-w said:

i think we will see more suggestions indeed. But I bet it's way less likely there will be any AWESOME ideas.

I'm not really sure there have been any awesome ideas so far, in the truest meaning of the (very overused) word. Lots of evolutionary suggestions but nothing revolutionary.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

19 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Lots of evolutionary suggestions but nothing revolutionary.

That too is an overused (and meaningless) phrase in the flightsim space. 

Not sure what people would expect in the 'revolutionary' bracket, within reason - because at the moment it's not possible.      There is only 'significant' evolution - which by the looks of it, this version represents.    The only revolutionary change would be when quantum computing becomes a mainstream thing.

Edited by ErichB

7 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The only revolutionary change would be when quantum computing becomes a mainstream thing.

But that has nothing specifically to do with desktop flight sims. I stand by my original comment that there hasn't been a truly revolutionary suggestion here - a genuinely new, practical idea which hasn't previously appeared, in some form, before in a flight sim.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Option to start in Avatar mode outside the plane where it was last parked. Then ability to have a hangar store planes at locations and can walk up to any of them and get in and fly. To help on frames, the planes one sees on the ramp are just a shell so when the user goes to get in, there is a load process where it loads the detailed actual addon plane or plane. Addon developers would need to create a dummy plane for this feature but one that is eye candy on the outside but frame happy. In this case, window blinds, curtains, fuselage covers could be used to help cut down on being able to see inside the plane making it very frame friendly for many planes parked in the same area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1