Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

The one thing i'm sure we are all secretly wanting improvements with....is.....

MORE REALISTIC WATER

Let's use DCS or World of Warships as an example of a great representation of how water should look.

:)

• Upvote 1

PLEASE PLEASE keep the current and traditional MSFS open-architecture of the file systems allowing users to modify things easily. Alot of games are write protected and you need to unpack the data files first to allow modifications, which is overly complex. I like to play around with the runway and taxiway textures in world texture folder, swapping them around. My favourite mod is to replace the tax_concrete file with the taxi_sand texure, which gives airport concrete aprons a yellow sheen they often have on bright sunny days. I use the taxi_dirt texture for Bangkok VTBD, which gives the apron a tan color like the real VTBD. The coral texture for taxiways is also possible in the Pacific with some airports exhibiting a white-bleached look in full sunlight.

With replacement texture programs like REX, the possibilities for airport customisation are endless, but I have found the original textures to be sufficient for my needs.

MSFS has always been about easy modding and an extensive add-on community - that has always been its edge and made it the King of simulators, would be shame to see that go.

Another captivating effect that Xplane does very well is...

Jet engine shimmering effect and fuel burn effect, also seen in turboprop Jets. It's a system that would be great to see implemented. If this effect could even interact with prevailing winds and wind gusts, this would offer a much better immersion factor. I've noted before about systems interconnecting and this would be a perfect example. houses with chimneys and forest scrub burn-offs. When I was flying I would use the smoke as an indicator to give me feedback and confirmation related to wind direction for real VFR flights.

:)

• Upvote 1

Development toward the eventual full transport simulation.

I want to drive to the airport, or maybe sit on a train, while I ponder the flying.

Do my day's work. If transatlantic I would like to pick up a car and park at a villa for my stay.

Rather than have a present aircraft location, It could be extended to have a personal location.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Please no! 

It's a FLIGHT Simulation, not a transport simulation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Lol.. You don't need a sim to do this, rather do it in real life. 

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

Development toward the eventual full transport simulation.

I want to drive to the airport, or maybe sit on a train, while I ponder the flying. 

Do my day's work. If transatlantic I would like to pick up a car and park at a villa for my stay.

Rather than have a present aircraft location, It could be extended to have a personal location.

Now that we have airport interiors being modelled more frequently, we could have a added immersion bonus of having to wait in a queue for security baggage screening for an hour before getting near the aircraft 😉

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

32 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Now that we have airport interiors being modelled more frequently, we could have a added immersion bonus of having to wait in a queue for security baggage screening for an hour before getting near the aircraft 😉

I see your point but think about a feature like Star Citizen (I think) were you walk with your avatar into some hub were you have screens wich allows you to select your spaceship.

Well, in MSFS you could have an airport crew hub modeled (like almost every airport has) were the crew makes their briefing, talk about weather, quantity of fuel etc... 

Imagine, in the Flight Simulator main menu you choose Free flight -- Location -- Time -- Real weather -- Aircraft

After loading, you are in the hub of the airport you have selected looking at one of those IPads crews have at their disposal with all the informations you need for your flight.

Then, you can order a bus or just walk outside to your plane, perform the walk around, climb the stairs into the plane, and then start and fly!

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 4

Seen the new FS Insider videos and timeline? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

If you can fly over a train or car why not be able to sit in it for maybe, only just a time passing screen for while you ponder the flying. It's already possible, and no big deal to ignore such a facility. The sim is to attract all comers, not just nerdy purists.

• Upvote 1

Let's think back to the fantastic Just Flight Airliner Pilot with the Dash. So you look at a still of an office with an open filing cabinet. That was great.

Now I want to sit perhaps on train or in an airport concourse with my laptop open looking at the company flights for today, and evaluating where I can fit in. As I come over the horizon I can see the airport in the distance. Maybe a thrill, maybe not. I want that laptop on flights with me too.

That’s what transport fever is about 😄

Now seriously. I prefer not to take an hour of virtual trip every time I want to make a sim session/flight. So If I want to fly over Canada and I live in Australia I have to take that flight virtually? I can die haha. 

As an option could be ok. What I always had in mind is that some day all those kind of sims (train sim, flight sim, truck sim, ship sim) will use the same virtual world. That’s another way of populating the sim... all of them. 

Edited by aleex
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Exactly. Better than looking at a still of an office filing cabinet while checking on flights. No need to hang around in a sim, got on boy.

Just now, aleex said:

That’s what transport fever is about 😄

Now seriously. I prefer not to take an hour of virtual trip every time I want to make a sim session/flight. So If I want to fly over Canada and I live in Australia I have to take that flight virtually? I can die haha. 

As an option could be ok. What I always had in mind is that some day all those kind of sims will (train sim, flight sim, truck sim, ship sim) will use the same virtual world. That’s another way of populating the sim... all of them. 

That's not being suggested. No need to waste any time getting into the flight.