Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

46 minutes ago, Greek said:

The moment it is released, I want it to be the best flight simulator on the market, and I want the Pilatus PC-24 also.

Oooh that could be a real good type of mission/job, having to go get a patient. First take-off from the base where you're stationed at and then having to land on some rural unpaved strip and try to park as close to the patient as possible within a certain time frame. 

16 hours ago, SteveW said:

Not much of a stretch to put an eyepoint into a simulated train compartment and move that along with the train. Coming into the airport terminal is an exciting moment, if you can see some action taking place at the airport. With bush pilots demanding proper highways and road furniture with decent structure and vehicle movements. Another cut-scene would be sat in a driverless car approaching the airport from the road.

With the fully detailed simulator I think it would be missing a trick to not have the office filing cabinet next to a window where the action is taking place outside like in the Tower views.

Some very interesting ideas you have there. But I am not too sure if the devs have enough spare time to implement this because this is totally unrelated to flying. But I am sure some time in the future the msfs devs or some 3rd party devs can do this seeing that they already have the groundwork laid out for them with these insanely detailed cities. If implemented correctly, the immersion will be ground shattering.

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Agreed. I've been talking about cut scenes could do with an upgrade since everything from wings to wheels have been mentioned.

I also said that the fully detailed sim would be required, That should be enough to assume no interference with the goals of the main sim right?

As I said a bit OTT, maybe, I would expect cut-scenes would be better implemented by addons, such as the career type of game. This facility is there right now in FSX.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

enhanced AI/ATC
 -using a method of "load balancing" on all active landing runways reducing or eliminating go-arounds.
Instead of using whatever runway is closest when an aircraft is within range, make it so there is an even flow of landing aircraft accross ALL active landing runways.

-reduced airport traffic clutter: pausing outbound traffic waiting for takeoff so inbounds can cross the active runway reducing the amount of "timed out" aircraft. taking turns so to speak.  Appropriate ratio, not every other.  

-realistic approaches: SIDs STARs  I observe O'hare airports traffic flow on flightradar24 when they have 3 simultaneous inbound runway use and would love to see that type of approach logic in this version.

Logitech/saitek Yoke, rudder, panel support.
 -I have over $600 of flight controls and panels, would like to use them please MS

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

23 minutes ago, Brandon0110 said:

enhanced AI/ATC
 -using a method of "load balancing" on all active landing runways reducing or eliminating go-arounds.
Instead of using whatever runway is closest when an aircraft is within range, make it so there is an even flow of landing aircraft accross ALL active landing runways.

-reduced airport traffic clutter: pausing outbound traffic waiting for takeoff so inbounds can cross the active runway reducing the amount of "timed out" aircraft. taking turns so to speak.  Appropriate ratio, not every other.  

-realistic approaches: SIDs STARs  I observe O'hare airports traffic flow on flightradar24 when they have 3 simultaneous inbound runway use and would love to see that type of approach logic in this version.

Logitech/saitek Yoke, rudder, panel support.
 -I have over $600 of flight controls and panels, would like to use them please MS

1) Welcome to how the real World works on APPROACH - you want a quiet Runway - go fly in Mongolia.

2) See Number 1.

3) "Realistic APPROACHES" are down to you and your Charts and filing correctly and monitoring ATIS/ ATC and being prepared to change on the fly when 10 clicks out on ILS. You want to change that then learn how to kill the AP and hand-fly a Visual - including a Circle-To-Land."

4) MS have already said they'll be supporting "Stick and Rudder" devices support.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, ganter said:

1) Welcome to how the real World works on APPROACH - you want a quiet Runway - go fly in Mongolia.

2) See Number 1.

3) "Realistic APPROACHES" are down to you and your Charts and filing correctly and monitoring ATIS/ ATC and being prepared to change on the fly when 10 clicks out on ILS. You want to change that then learn how to kill the AP and hand-fly a Visual - including a Circle-To-Land."

4) MS have already said they'll be supporting "Stick and Rudder" devices support.

The biggest point is the go-arounds in FSX with heavy traffic.  the "real world" does not have that issue because of the way the runways are utilized. 

Do you like waiting inbound aircraft disappearing because they time out and cant cross a busy outbound active runway? I don't.  Its not realistic and something that should be looked into.

Yes, FSX currently supports my yolk and rudder pedals but NOT my 3 panels. 

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

14 hours ago, Brandon0110 said:

The biggest point is the go-arounds in FSX with heavy traffic.  the "real world" does not have that issue because of the way the runways are utilized. 

But traffic flow control at busy airports is extremely complex in the real world. Other than a very simple implementation, it would probably be way beyond the capabilities of a desktop sim.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

What about mirages and similar effects? Rainbows fogbows light shafts have been mentioned?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Brandon0110 said:

Do you like waiting inbound aircraft disappearing because they time out and cant cross a busy outbound active runway? I don't.  Its not realistic and something that should be looked into.

Yes, FSX currently supports my yolk and rudder pedals but NOT my 3 panels. 

Sorry Brandon - should have added at the end - try this:- https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1645/fsx-aismooth/

It REALLY works on smoothing AI traffic and drastically reducing Go Arounds in FSX. I never tried it when I was running P3D so can't say if it works but I don't see why not - there's no 64bit gauges involved.

It's a must have if, like me, you're greedy with the traffic sliders coming in to Gatwick at 17:30 hours on a Friday night and like queuing up behind the Ryanairs, Speedbirds and Easys and every other Tom, Dick and Harry.

From the night lighting thread: it would look fantastic if the night lighting had some random ads coloring the landscape, especially in cities. Some blue, green, red lights in addition of the yellow and white from the default city ones. The intensity of each one shouldn t be the same to add immersion.

Also, a nice feature would be that night lighting in developped countrysides to be much more dynamic and bright than in an African countryside for example.

• Upvote 3

Garmin G3000! No blurry nonsense with limited features. Nice implementation. 

• Upvote 1

...to clarify what I meant by mirages: thinking more of the distortion of longer range views through heat rising over the runway.

• Upvote 3

Has anyone requested pilot controlled lighting? If not, I'll add it to the list. Pilot controlled lighting is one of those things I took for granted until I started working on my instrument rating.

Chris