Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

15 hours ago, adino said:

...uhmmm, when Garmin goes black that blurry nonsense limited thingie might save your virtual life, LOL😜

Nope, you miss understand. I meant no limited features or blurry graphics in regard to the G3000 implementation. The default Gramin's in flight sim are not particularly good.

• Like 1

I want addons to run within the simulator instead of having to run seperate external applications alongside the sim. I seriously dislike it when addons have to install additional programs as it just ends up cluttering my SSD.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UltimateAntic said:

I want addons to run within the simulator instead of having to run seperate external applications alongside the sim. I seriously dislike it when addons have to install additional programs as it just ends up cluttering my SSD.

But with existing sims, being able to run add-ons outside of the sim software is useful for features which weren't included in the original code.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I want easy-to-update airport sceneries that are realistic and don’t require me to download other people’s scenery modifications online in order to have correct gates, terminals, and runway numbers.

15 hours ago, UltimateAntic said:

Yes. It would be helpful if addons installed program files and user files in the correct places to stop that cluttered disk feeling.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Apart from obvious things anyone would want such as better textures, flight physics or performance; my wishes for MFS 2020 are:

- A properly working ILS that doesn't send you a kilometer away from the runway.

- For those who use a joystick like me, to be able to have an adjustable brake, not just brake at maximum power.

- To have flight controls that respond quicker.

- Bumpy and curvy runways.

- A good selection of missions like those in FSX, but without so many errors. It would be nice, though, to have more missions related to commercial flying.

- To be able to choose the language, which was possible in the DVD version, but seems they completely forgot it in the Steam edition.

working car headlights 

real vector night light including correct color

hazard flashing lights on airport vehicles and even trucks on roads

smart airport vehicles that stop when aircraft crossing 

avatar mode with flashlight like p3d

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It would be cool if there was an in-game livery editor, like forza horizon etc. And maybe also a walk around/ showroom feature like that game too. I bet there is already isn’t there you cheeky little rascals. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

No more back and forth between the paint program, DXTBmp and the sim ? You may have something here 😉 !

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yeah forza’s implementation is pretty powerful too, and similar to what’s described above. Personalising stuff creates attachment to the game I think. 

I want to fear the elements (Steve Hood, head of FSW)

I also want the "True Sky" of ATC (Steeve Hood)

Edited by Noooch
  • Upvote 1

I personally, think it would be pretty cool to see large John Deere tractors moving around in the grass paralleling the runway at most airports in the daytime hours of spring/summer/fall.  They would be mowing the grass of course.  These would be AI vehicles.

As a pilot IRL, I notice these quite frequently when I fly into airports across the country, big and small.  Would be pretty easy to implement, and extend the realism factor by a lot.  Just a simple back and forth movement along a single line parallel a runway would be awesome to have.  FSX had AI airport vehicles, so why not extend this in MSFS to include tractors mowing the airport grass as well!  They do this a lot in real life at airports with IFR approaches, so as to make sure the grass does not interfere with safety areas, navaids, PAPIs, and a number of other reasons.

Edited by ual763
  • Like 3

Tractors in fields around the airports could be an immersion factor too!

• Upvote 1

I’ve just been thinking about some bits of the sim that could be gamified a bit (obviously all of these can be turned off, we can never forget that this is a serious simulator, for very serious people):

• a good, powerful photo mode with the ability to easily share with your ‘socials’
  • key stats overlay - a bit like the overlay you can out over GoPro videos that show speed, different g-forces etc
  • some sort of in-game connection to apps like Spotify so you could control it from something actually there in the cockpit. I do think an avenue this game could be successful in would be a part of the chilled out, relaxing, but with depth crowd - being able to control my kylie minogue playlist whilst cruising around the Caribbean would be lovely, and nicely immersive. 
  • In the career mode (I’m taking it as a given that it exists) there should be some sort of currency that you can build up. This would then be used primarily to buy new aircraft, but also do trick out your hanger, buy bigger hangers etc. 
  • At some stage you are able to buy/ build a hanger that is equipped with lots of tools and equipment so that you can fix and maintain your own planes - like that world war 2 one that is in development at the moment. Maybe this can be dlc. 
  • Make it easy for people to create and share sight seeing tours of different lengths. The world is overwhelmingly big and it can be difficult for new people (who might only give the game an hour’s chance) to know where to fly. How about a whole tutorial/ intro set of flights and tasks that draws people in in a structured, compelling way. 

I will I’ll have more later. Anyone else think of any more game elements?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:
  • Make it easy for people to create and share sight seeing tours of different lengths. The world is overwhelmingly big and it can be difficult for new people (who might only give the game an hour’s chance) to know where to fly. How about a whole tutorial/ intro set of flights and tasks that draws people in in a structured, compelling way. 

I will I’ll have more later. Anyone else think of any more game elements?

Well this actually reminds me of some things I forgot to mention: 

• Cockpit sharing: so we can fly a complex aircraft (737 or A320 for example) together. This should be in the base sim so every aircraft made for MSFS will allow multiple pilots to fly it. 
  • Aircraft sharing: which will allow people to board your plane and go on a tour like you mentioned, these people can't control the plane controls, but they might control interior lights in the passenger seats. Really like that idea. Maybe there can be a voice over function (intercom) so you can actually tell them what they can see out of the windows. Would be nice to get to know other areas of the world by just hopping in a plane with somebody who really knows the area. You can also mute the intercom when you have to speak/listen to ATC. 
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1