Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

I want the ability to change visuals in the sim similar to how it can be done within P3D with Brightness, Bloom, and Saturation. I would also like other visual tuning functionality that can be done in apps like PTA and TomatoShade.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

11 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Sorry I offended you. I didn't mean to imply that your idea was bad. What I was ineffective in conveying is how painful the NOTAM system is...at least here in the US, especially when trying to self brief. Pages upon pages of hard to decipher items most of which don't impact your flight, but it's hard to tell if you don't try and read them. It is a system in dire need of modernization.

I accept your apology -thank you.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:28 AM, snglecoil said:

Sorry I offended you. I didn't mean to imply that your idea was bad. What I was ineffective in conveying is how painful the NOTAM system is...at least here in the US, especially when trying to self brief. Pages upon pages of hard to decipher items most of which don't impact your flight, but it's hard to tell if you don't try and read them. It is a system in dire need of modernization.

In Germany it's quite alright, actually. You file a flightplan with a route, and the "system" will give you NOTAMs from airfields in a 20 nm radius from your route, or from the FIR you fly in. Yeah, many of them are not so interesting (for example, I get one that the B738MAX is grounded) but normally they're not so hard to decipher and are quite relevant. Most important and common ones being the presence of aerobatic or para-shooting activity areas that we should try to avoid.

Looks like my wish of city lights illuminating the clouds has also been granted. WOOO!!

• Like 1

Yea I do miss that about Dubai

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

We also want VR. It is a pitty that it is not planed for release 1. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 9/29/2019 at 6:24 AM, MikeT707 said:

I want the ability to change visuals in the sim similar to how it can be done within P3D with Brightness, Bloom, and Saturation. I would also like other visual tuning functionality that can be done in apps like PTA and TomatoShade.

I'd rather it just look "right" out of the box. I want to fly, not tweak. Sure give us a few basic sliders, but I don't want pages upon pages of options that only look right at certain times of day.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

I want them to not waste any time on VR. No need to throw away resources

🤣 Some VR advocates do seem seem "pretty vocal". I'm sure VR will come with time, but I believe it's a very small portion of the userbase at the moment given the technology is only just starting to mature.

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 hours ago, ckyliu said:

I want to fly, not tweak

But I bet you will!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

My 2c. VR would be my first choice and VR would be my second choice.

(For the silent masses)

• Like 1

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

(For the silent masses)

Ron. Thanks. Maybe chime in the VR Thread I opened...would be great (if you didn´t already)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

How many years did you use TrackIR before you switched to VR?  I'd be interested in a comparison.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Interesting question. I used TIR when I was motor racing waaaay back when. TIR was a must have. Then one day at the Duxford Flying Legends airshow I went into the Eagle Dynamics tent. They put a Rift on my head and sat me in a Spitfire. I was IN a Spitfire, not looking AT a Spitfire. Game changer! 

• Like 1