Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

7 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Must be my ears then when they said VR and Seasons Will not be in at RELEASE.

Lol. I listened from 17 minutes to 19 minutes and they don’t say anything about either vr or seasons not being there at release. They say they aren’t there now, and it depends on priorities when each will appear. Nothing at all about release. 

• Like 1

Well let me know when they do I will have a look before buying.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I want a 100 Petabyte HDD to hold all that scenery data so I won’t have to stream via the internet when flying!

😉

Chris Camp

8 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I want a 100 Petabyte HDD to hold all that scenery data so I won’t have to stream via the internet when flying!

😉

LinusTec just did a video on upgrading his 1 Petabyte server for his YouTube streaming, your going to need deep pockets and keeping it running is no mean feat.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

I think seasons will come in time. Why do I think this? Because already in x-plane there is a way to create seasonal scenery in ortho4xp tiles by simulating snowfall, the add on is called simtiles I believe. Using azure AI, they could get sample images of small areas of terrain in different seasons and implement those algorythmically. So not beyond the ability of the software to achieve this but I would assume they are going to focus on the current base layer before creating secondary layers. 

For HDD size, 100 petabytes seems a bit unrealistic for the size of the scenery in total. Maybe it is that big, but if it really is that big you would need google fibre at 1000/1000 speed to achieve a usable frame-rate. I have ortho4xp for the whole US in HD and ORBX oregon and washington and  dozens of add on airports and I am only using up 2.5TB. So unless they are pulling some magic tiles that use 100x more storage space I'm not sure how they are going to be pushing that immense size. They already said you could download areas for use offline, im pretty sure they aren't saying you can download California at a size of 15TB. 

Edited by adamv1

i5 7600k @5.1 ghz Liquid cooled, 1080ti Duke 11GB, 32GB DDR4 3400, 8TB m.2 PCIE NVME array intel 660P X 4, Oculus Rift, TM Hotas, TM TPR rudder, 

Realistic Engine modelling for the sim such as a good PT6 engine modelling simulation for piston engines and jet engine modelling correctly modelling N1 and N2 behaviour as well as EGT on some jets. 

This would go hand in hand nicely with what we hope you have modelled in the aerodynamics section of the simulation and also keep with the living world ethos. 

Blessings 

Duncan 

• Upvote 2

I suspect it will work like FSW when you open the sim you will select start airport and destination before you can fly, this may help it work in the offline mode.

Raymond Fry.

Please add this camera feature : when the aircraft is rolling left or right, the head should naturally be doing 2things, look in the direction the aircraft is turning (head anticipation) and the head should roll less than the aircraft (the eyes want to maintain the horizon axis) so we should see the cockpit rolling more than the head. And all of this without any controller input. Or even better, a slider to customize this feature ! This adds a lot at the feeling of flying and is not very hard to do.

(I start to think I will express myself in french from now on)

Edited by Noooch
  • Upvote 1

An airport layout accessible while taxiing would be great also 🙂

• Like 2

Now that it has been confirmed that the legacy FSX core is being built upon and that home cockpit support will be available, I would like to see a module that recognises peripheral buttons, switches, knobs and dials.

I want to be able to continue using my expensive CPflight MCP. I'd be happy to designate each action separately and for aircraft to recognise the inputs in MSFS.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1. VR!!!

2. Fully functioning Shared Cockpit with voice com built in (multiplayer)

3. Wig-Wag lights on taxiways to runways

4. A detailed Crash Model that will tell you survival probability

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

I want to be able to continue using my expensive CPflight MCP. I'd be happy to designate each action separately and for aircraft to recognise the inputs in MSFS.

Same here for my Virtual Avionics MCP and VRInsight overhead panel.

Does anyone know if FSUIPC will still be supported / required ?

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

8 hours ago, F737NG said:

Now that it has been confirmed that the legacy FSX core is being built upon and that home cockpit support will be available, I would like to see a module that recognises peripheral buttons, switches, knobs and dials.

In the same line of thought, I’d love to be able to program my Warthog Hotas without external programs à la  FSUIPC or Linda !

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 10/2/2019 at 7:35 AM, Noooch said:

An airport layout accessible while taxiing would be great also 🙂

You already get that with the GTN750 for the large airports and a properly zoomed in vertical overview which is akin to a map for the others. What are you thinking of ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, ByramJ said:

1. VR!!!

2. Fully functioning Shared Cockpit with voice com built in (multiplayer)

3. Wig-Wag lights on taxiways to runways

4. A detailed Crash Model that will tell you survival probability 

Displayed crashing damage most likely will not be implemented in release planes, according to the Asobo Interview by Avsim--because of licensing issues. They don't want people to see their plane damaged.  But I hope they at least have a damage model that can be implemented by developers. It would be nice to see the consequence of a poor landing.

Edited by daveinca2000
Clarity
  • Upvote 2

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb