Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

21 minutes ago, domkle said:

In the same line of thought, I’d love to be able to program my Warthog Hotas without external programs à la  FSUIPC or Linda !

Linda gives me the ability to assign 3 different commands to each Saitek Yoke button (using it's mode switch to change modes). 

MS2020 would have to support mode toggle assignments (or multiple simultaneous keys) to duplicate that functionality.  I have suggested this earlier on in this thread.

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

1 minute ago, smoothchat said:

Linda gives me the ability to assign 3 different commands to each Saitek Yoke button (using it's mode switch to change modes). 

MS2020 would have to support mode toggle assignments (or multiple simultaneous keys) to duplicate that functionality.  I have suggested this earlier on in this thread.

36 pages, I may have missed some posts 😁 ! I would settle for one assignment for each button or switch which is not possible today in my A2A aircraft for all the functionalities. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

+ Native VR

+ First person mode to walk around the aircraft.

+ A nice vairiety would be the ability to drive airport vehicles (follow me cars, busses, fuel trucks).

Edited by mdsim
  • Upvote 1

Lots of good ideas for 3rd party addon developers in this thread.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

3 hours ago, domkle said:

You already get that with the GTN750 for the large airports and a properly zoomed in vertical overview which is akin to a map for the others. What are you thinking of ? 

I think of a free plugin in Xplane, I think the name is airport map or airport navigator

@188AHC@cmpbellsjc
Mods, could we have this thread re-pinned please? Plenty of positive suggestions here rather than the descent into acrimony about whether VR, ATC, seasons, helis or the SDK is the most important missing element (hint: they all are) and whether the poll is rigged.

With this thread actively acknowledged by the MSFS development team, still in the early stages of development, and with the promise of improvements over the next decade ("we are here for the long haul... this is 10 years, are you in?"), it seems strange at this moment in time to let this thread to get lost among the noise. 

Thanks.

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 10/2/2019 at 1:34 AM, Noooch said:

Please add this camera feature : when the aircraft is rolling left or right, the head should naturally be doing 2things, look in the direction the aircraft is turning (head anticipation) and the head should roll less than the aircraft (the eyes want to maintain the horizon axis) so we should see the cockpit rolling more than the head. And all of this without any controller input. Or even better, a slider to customize this feature ! This adds a lot at the feeling of flying and is not very hard to do.

(I start to think I will express myself in french from now on)

I believe novawings24 already confirmed that. 

6 hours ago, mdsim said:

+ Native VR

+ First person mode to walk around the aircraft.

+ A nice vairiety would be the ability to drive airport vehicles (follow me cars, busses, fuel trucks).

The 3 gumpy simmers episode mentioned Avatars. What it does is anyone's guess

Edited by Casualcas

Not sure I've mentioned this before myself although others may have: a solid GPS/FMS implementation back by an updateable nav database/AIRAC that addons can use.

The GPS that was included with FSX/P3D is very slow to use, has no SID/STAR data, seriously outdated nav data, and is functionally crippled in many ways (uses the FSX/P3D flight planner etc). Xplane's Garmin implementation is far better.

I understand a G1000 is being implemented in MFS2020 and seems to have synthetic vision, so I hope it's up to scratch in other areas as well. Also a retrofittable GPS such as the GTN650/750 is a must for "steam gauged" aircraft like the Robin DR400, I would hope addon aircraft developers would be able to easily add this to their GA birds too.

A proper FMS in the bigger birds is highly desirable, even if it's just a somewhat generic one like a Universal UNS1 or GNLU-910 as that could be retrofitted to other planes. It would allow freeware devs to provide solid FMS functionality in to their airliners.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

How about a virtual copilot who can:

fly the aircraft if you are prevented

process checklists

can take over ATC

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

The 3 gumpy simmers episode mentioned Avatars. What it does is anyone's guess

Distract your SO while you flight sim...woohoo!

• Like 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

Dynamic LOD

I want more detail down low and less detail but more draw distance up high

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Having seen the video and read the post from the visit to Renton many community members got to be a part of I will say this:

1) VR. If not native, my hopes are that they are working with FlyInside to help in this area.
2) A way to have various joystick profiles for different planes. In FSX we have FSUIPC and in Xplane11 we have a native profile. Idea if the user can not assign a specific profile to a model like the way FSUIPC does, then in the UI for creating a flight have a profile window that allows the user to select from a drop down list of custom profiles from the user that they create. This could be done on the main UI or on the plane selection page much like the way to select an Avatar in P3D.
3) Native GTN750&650. If not native then please work with RealityXP and Flight1
4) A flashlight feature like seen in Xplane11. 

Companies I hope are part of the addon development community for testing:
PilotEdge
GoFlight Inc

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Not sure I've mentioned this before myself although others may have: a solid GPS/FMS implementation back by an updateable nav database/AIRAC that addons can use.

A proper FMS in the bigger birds is highly desirable, even if it's just a somewhat generic one like a Universal UNS1 or GNLU-910 as that could be retrofitted to other planes. It would allow freeware devs to provide solid FMS functionality in to their airliners.

They said there was an updated or perhaps even from the ground up new FMS system for 3rd party devs to use.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD