Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

I also got some kinda lower priority wishes that may enhance immersion:

1)   ground services that also work on AI aircraft

2)   snow and rain drops forming snow and rain puddles on the ground

3)   trees and grass moving according to wind direction

• Like 3

Yes I agree 9 months will find out like I said I will make my choice when it releases and not before.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 minutes ago, irrics said:

More people participating in a poll doesn’t invalidate it because you don't care for the results.

I was hoping for an accurate poll.  Advertising for outside people to come in and vote skewed the poll to the point it was invalid and useless.

So now, the most accurate date we have is from XPlane (2%) or Navigraph (11%).  I was expecting an Avsim poll to be in the 8% to 15% range.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

9 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I was hoping for an accurate poll.  Advertising for outside people to come in and vote skewed the poll to the point it was invalid and useless.

Why is a poll only accurate if it’s existing Avsim users?

Would you be saying that if you like the results that ended up at the top?

(no)

More people in the FS world participating makes the data better,  not worse.

Also, just because it was advertised on reddit doesn’t mean it only brought it new people.  I’m sure many go long stretches of not checking Avsim all the time and they may not have known the poll was going on.  I’m glad someone brought attention to it.  We all should be.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, irrics said:

Why is a poll only accurate if it’s existing Avsim users?

If you don't know, go take a few statistics courses.  I did.

3 minutes ago, irrics said:

Would you be saying that if you like the results that ended up at the top?

No, I'd be even more upset.

Like I said, I was hoping for an accurate poll.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

We will find out Friday I have just purchased two new addons for P3Dv4.5 and going back to flying till next Friday nothing new is going to happen here till then.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

From the ATC thread:

The best ATC we can think of:

I am currently using the Real Traffic plugin in XPlane associated with Live ATC and let me tell you this, the realism you get is beyond anything you can imagine, even if you don't interact with it. You are actually there and you can see the pilots doing what the real controller tells them to, and sometimes you hear them having a conversation with each other.

Imagine having this in MSFS but in a way you can be part of all of this.

I know the simulator can't modify the real traffic but it can modify the ATC. He can detect all the real live traffic and insert you in it. The only problem would be that you will have 2 controller voices (1 real and 1 from the sim). The sim could easily adjust volume to match the real voices.

For example, the sim can simply mute the real live ATC voice when he speaks to you.

Microsoft and Asobo are focused on realism, what could be more realistic than that?

I know this is a challenge but this is MSFS we are talking about, all they have accomplished until know was a challenge.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 3

Erm.. It was said that there would be 3D & hybrid panels, no 2D.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

No idea, in one of the videos, it was mentioned, maybe 3D, with detachable palels? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

At min from get go....

TrackIR support

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

3 hours ago, MikaelKahkonen said:

I want:

-VR

VR? Haven't you heard? It's for gamers.

*Should I post? Yeah, Go on.

I AM joking. Just in case....

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.