Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

Of course. In those days, Microsoft marketed a great joystick. So why not expand on that, and have a range of products, pedals and yokes? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

11 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Of course. In those days, Microsoft marketed a great joystick. So why not expand on that, and have a range of products, pedals and yokes? 

Ok, I just wasn't sure if you were sarcastically alluding to the fact that MS used to make force feedback peripherals, or if you were honestly suggesting that they should do so again.

I had an MS force feedback racing wheel way back in the late 90's.  Got me into simulator racing, though admittedly, never piqued my interest to the same degree as flight simulation.

I say accurate AI and ATC are a must. Skies are live because of traffic. I don’t see any major issue for Microsoft to come up with traffic such as UT Live or an atc program similar to voxatc and Radarcontact. What u need is just the live departure and arrival data from the airports, which in my mind is feasible through flightradar24. For Atc it can be something more advance than what we had in fsx. I really love to even have the oceanic HF radio transmissions when I’m over Atlantic or Pacific oceans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Wish list 

• An app that i can use on my phone to look up Airport info, gps and check on aircraft info like fuel, Maybe even make the FMC on the app
  • Realistic Air Traffic, for example being told to slow down due to traffic at airport by the computer ATC
  • Realistic air traffic in mutiplayer
  • Maybe A feature where u can get up and walk down the Aircraft (jets only?)
  • the ability to end a flight at a hanger, after dropping off at the Airport.
  • Cabin Crew Signals 
  • Radio / Muti player chats based on real life FRQ used on planes. not 123.45 is open to all
  • realistic fuel burn and transfer from different tanks on a plane
  • Co-share cockpits 
  • the ability to add in airports if not in the sim
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Forgot to add, with the radio to have a company FRQ, so for example playing with friends or joining a virtual airline we can use that frq to chat and talk (with the ability to lock overs out of this frq) so we don't bother or have other people using that FRQ. should also ask for the ability to listen and talk on multiple frq as well

I would echo AI and ATC, although I wouldn't expect MS to provide all the AI, just enable it so we can build our own with multiple bgl traffic files or purchase an addon. Being able to use our own FSX native AI collection would be wonderful. But ATC would be necessary.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

The API should be available via a web service so that add-ons can run on other PCs on your network, with full access (read/write) to weather, traffic, aircraft status, controls etc. etc.This would also mean that simple self-written add-ons could be written in a scripting language, such as bash, python, perl etc.

Ian Box

10 minutes ago, Flamingpie said:

I'd prefer no bgl files but a different and modern way of doing things, perhaps like UTL does. BGL files are old thinking. 😉 

Venema at Orbx said recently that bgl was a much better way to compress orthos than XP dds.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Flamingpie said:

I suppose it may be a different story for scenery but from what I've been told bgl's used for traffic make loading times a lot longer. I might be totally wrong though. 😉

Asking for .txt files compiled at runtime would be over the top, right 😁 ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The ability to use real world flight planning tools in the sim. I use SkyDemon on a tablet to plan my flights in real life. It would be awesome if I could plug in the tablet to my pc and fly the plan in the sim, seeing the progress in SkyDemon.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

14 hours ago, Coneman said:

I would echo AI and ATC, although I wouldn't expect MS to provide all the AI, just enable it so we can build our own with multiple bgl traffic files or purchase an addon. Being able to use our own FSX native AI collection would be wonderful. But ATC would be necessary.

18 hours ago, raspian300 said:

I say accurate AI and ATC are a must. Skies are live because of traffic. I don’t see any major issue for Microsoft to come up with traffic such as UT Live or an atc program similar to voxatc and Radarcontact. What u need is just the live departure and arrival data from the airports, which in my mind is feasible through flightradar24.

They have already confirmed live AI traffic.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Realtime aircraft & boat AI, as well as realtime weather.

That will do!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Blowing snowdrifts and or dynamic puddles on runway and tarmac please!

• Upvote 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

15 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

I suppose it may be a different story for scenery but from what I've been told bgl's used for traffic make loading times a lot longer. I might be totally wrong though. 😉

Perhaps you should be totally right before discounting another opinion. Do you build your own AI?

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.