Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

52 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

This

This? What???????????? :mellow:

Dear Asobo

Please try and develop the aircraft lights so they reflect off of water vapour/clouds/fog

please also remove the camera dependencies so that home cockpit builders dont need a panel/vc to get the benefits of the windshield rain effects 

many thanks

• Upvote 1

I can't remember if it's already been suggested but I'd like to see force feedback support. Lack of support wouldn't stop me buying the new sim but I'd consider it a real loss of immersion.

Edited by vortex681
  • Upvote 3

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

2 hours ago, vortex681 said:

I can't remember if it's already been suggested but I'd like to see force feedback support. Lack of support wouldn't stop me buying the new sim but I'd consider it a real loss of immersion.

More than once the same applies to most things. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 10/13/2019 at 1:59 AM, Air1 said:

I have not heard much about TrackIR. I use it all the time. Sure helps a lot in the traffic pattern. Loved to walk around in MS Flight.

Amen. Not that I've gone searching for the information, but I've seen nothing official about TrackIR or anyone questioning it's inclusion (until the above quoted post). I imagine because it's assumed support will be included. Almost a deal breaker for me if it's not. So it would be nice to hear an official, yes, no or maybe.

• Upvote 2

a developer blog that some may find boring but many find fascinating.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I'm going to add one thing I miss from FSX that is not done well in X-plane and that is Air Traffic Control.  ATC.  I thought FSX did it well enough for me and it seemed to work pretty well. I hope that is put into a version fairly close to the initial launch. 

I assume this will be launched as early access for $100+ then updates and DLC and add-on's along the way to probably a complete game in about 12-18 months from initial release.  Which is fine with me as that seems to be the roadmap for new games now.  

Although not my preferred FlightSim, I really like X-Planes start feature that allows you to see a diagram of the parking spaces available at each airport then select with your mouse. Prepar3d and the all previous FS versions have/had a terrible system where you need to look up charts and hope the airport afcad corresponds correctly, then select from a list - no diagrammatic representation.

Edited by JustanotherPilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

steve southey

As a real world pilot (lucky enough to own a Diamond DA40), with an instrument rating, who needs a good sim to stay current in IFR flying and instrument approaches as well as pure fun VFR, my wish list is as follows. I have Xplane but rarely use it, much preferring P3D. 

• Integration with Navigraph for current charts and nav aids
  • Seasons 
  • Real world weather (via ActiveSky is fine) but with correct air mass behaviour for up and down draughts, wind shear, turbulence, etc.
  • An easy to use camera system.  I really can’t get on with Chaseplane!
  • Easy config and calibration of common HOTAS kit.
  • At least one Garmin G1000 glass aircraft.
  • An aircraft (like the Carenado Bonanza) that has the panel option of an Aspen PFD – now very common as a retrofit glass panel (I have one in my DA40). 
  • A good built-in flight planner that feeds data to a G1000 or Aspen, not just a commercial FMS.  If you can later link this to Autorouter functionality (the tool most rw IFR pilots use for airways planning and filing) then that would be brilliant.  Or simply be able to use the Autorouter exported Skydemon route file in MSFS.
  • And VR as soon as you can please, but only when touch controllers are properly useable on all switches and instruments! (I have an Oculus Rift S).
  • Easy to configure triple monitor setup, including selecting view angles and horizon across all three.

Dear Microsoft, what other sims are poor at, you have the opportunity to do properly!  Here are just two:

• Visibility – with a slider XP like system and also with runway lighting at night that is truly accurate in poor vis.
  • Windsocks with true representation of wind strength and direction.

Flight simming is the same as real world flying in that the fun of only meandering about VFR soon wears thin, without further challenges, such as tailwheel, bush flying, floats, IFR, instrument procedures, and commercial aircraft.  So, fabulous as the scenery looks to be in the launch version, providing your customers with a progression, keeps them actually using the sim long term.  You of course have the advantage with your new streaming model of knowing when and how much MSFS is actually being used, and I think being able to use it for instrument flying, GA or commercial, is the most important of these for continuous and long term engagement of your user base.

A couple of scenarios for you that, if you get them right, are the perfect test of a much better product than we have today in XP or P3D...

• An Autumn ILS or RNAV approach at dusk into Tromso, Norway.  Pretty good in P3D, but if you can combine your fabulous scenery with current instrument approaches and accurate air mass handling at all elevations in the mountains, with accurate effects on aircraft dynamics, then you truly will have a world beater!  I can see the demo video now……
  • I know helicopters will come later and aren’t a priority for the first release, but, as I am also a rotary pilot for over thirty years, there is one very good test for the accuracy of the models you need to create.  That is piston carb icing, with correct engine behaviour and associated yaw, in an R22, with a subsequent engine failure and autorotation to forced landing.  If you can get that right, all other helicopter modelling will be easy! 

I can’t wait for what looks to be a stunning product, desperately hope I am part of the Tech Alpha 1 testing, and have a clean 1TB SSD waiting……..

• Like 2

I'm probably on the other side of the spectrum of users.  I don't have as much time for flight simming as I used to, so when I do get down to it I need to jump into the cockpit with engines running.  What keeps me engaged is a helicopter with a realistic flight model, so I exclusively fly the R22 in AFS2 now.  Although I would like to learn IFR, I don't think I will ever tire of VFR, especially if I have the whole world available.  Anyone who flies helicopters will want high detail at low altitude, so seeing individual blades of grass is a big plus.  My above post was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but it does show the kind of thing that rotorheads dream of (I'm not that good though).  VR is a must for me too; I wouldn't want to fly a helicopter without it, even though it's a recipe for nausea in the learning phase.

Edited by Grindathotte

43 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

I "want" streaming rivers and waterfalls in this version.

I was wondering about waterfalls as well. Will there be any?

• Like 1