Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

On 10/16/2019 at 5:44 PM, Mucker said:

As far as eye candy goes I would like to see more ground realistic traffic...

Would be wild if the ground vehicles drove on the left or right based on the country!

• Like 1

I would love to have persistent aircraft that age and change handling/behavior as they accumulate flight hours, something NovaWing24 brought up in his recent MSFS update video.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/19/2019 at 2:09 AM, Bottle said:

Crop dusting!...

Plus, virtual crop dusting is environmentally friendly!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterhemm said:

Would be wild if the ground vehicles drove on the left or right based on the country!

Would be lovely if MS just showed us what it looks like at Ground Level - they haven't so far - them trees (that look well dodgy blurry and horrible), those Autogen Buildings, those roads and traffic, etc. All very nice from 3000 feet above - most things are.

The truth is; we have no idea what this Sim looks like at Zero Feet.

I'm cynical - Eye Candy's one thing at 3000 feet. I want to see it on the ground before I believe it. How about that hangar shot - we've seen nothing more since we saw that initial video and that particular shot - in the very first video - since then it's all been - at least FL040. 

I want to see a Walkaround - at the very least approaching the aircraft from the outside - like I can do in FSX/P3D.

Suspicious and highly cynical - I worked for MS about 25 years ago. I helped to create Vista. I know...it wasn't one of of my greatest moments  but I can tell you this; It's about the money - and nothing else. Whatever they say. It's money. They're in competition with Google for C's Sake.

If you're listening in MS - I'm a real pilot - PPL - with a couple of hundred hours and something over 5000 Hours in the Sim. 

So I do love it - but come on, show us the Ground. Let me do the Walkaround. Then I'll know it's a real sim.

Edited by Guest

Yawn.. After 41 pages, repeats are becoming fast and furious... Boring.. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

If i'm allowed to test, i'll be checking out how my edTracker works in the tech alpha, if at all, but i'd assume i can bind as usual to free moving look controls and away we go..

• Like 1

Just noticed that the area around Niagara Falls in USA/Canada is covered by Bing's 3D imagery, I would love to see the MSFS team do a bit of special work in this area and add animated waterfalls and volumetric spray effects - I think this would be really cool and be a good place to fly over in-simulator.

Of course something like this would be inappropriate at this stage of development but perhaps later down the track when it is in late BETA or something.

QMpboIP.png

Edited by elmar01
  • Upvote 1

Damage modeling.

I want to tear the ailerons off and see if I can still land the thing. I want to bounce on landing, bend the strut, and see if I can salvage the craft. I want to fly pull too many G's and watch the wings go in different directions.

Edited by WestAir
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Even though there wont be multi-screen support right away, they should still make the program able to stretch across 3 screens in window mode like xplane lets you do. I honestly don't like the independent screen config in x plane and much prefer the stretched forward view in window mode, its the way I run my home cockpit. If MFS2020 cant do that, I and many others wont want to switch because I refuse to run my home cockpit on 1 tv.

P3D lets you do this also but runs like poop when stretched across 3 screens. Xplane11 runs perfectly smooth stretched across 3 screens and looks great too. Microsoft should strive to get good performance like xplane 11. Walked away from p3d immediately when 3 screen stretched window mode performance was so atrocious, probably 2-5 fps. Xplane gives me 25-40fps on high settings (not highest) in window stretch mode across 3 tvs.

Edited by B1688J
  • Like 1

Can we get Rod Machado back?......please?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

• Ability to walk around
  • live atc and ai
  • trains
  • track ir and vr support 
  • seasons
  • live road and ship traffic
  • random failures

Rich Holding

4 hours ago, Peter Clark said:

If I recall correctly it was removed by Microsoft as part of the changes pushed after 9/11. 

https://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/09/14/microsoft.flight.sim/

They removed the WTC and the intro video. That I can understand. But nothing was said about removing damage effects on the aircrafts, because the aircraft manufacturers don’t allow that.

I think would be nice to visually see the damage caused by a crash or hard landing. 

Edited by ca_metal

Not to mention most (all) FTD's and Level-D Sims allow you (some with a bit of work, of course) to simulate almost any type of damage to the aircraft.

After the Japan Air crash where the tail strike years prior resulted in the vertical stabilizer to snap off a 742(?) the airline attempted to see if other pilots could land a 747, with the vertical stabilizer missing. (CoG change, plus the additional hydraulic and pneumatic issues) to which it turned out to be impossible.

I'm not looking to be macabre or anything but seeing if I could land an airliner with ridiculous levels of damage is just something I'd really, really love to try to do.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.