Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

• Environmental effects/accumulation on planes, such as dirt/bugs and the ability to clean it off by flying in the rain, and/or wipers. I just watched Jerry Wagner, on YouTube, do this in his Cessna 410. 
  • Damage model and survivability rating after a crash. Maybe a TODO for 3rd party devs since Asobo won’t include due to licensing.
  • Controller profiles for each plane. see X-Plane.
  • Robust view options with custom assignments. See X-Plane.
  • plane and boat traffic comparable to X-Plane. Cars in FS2020 detract from immersion at this point. They look like the default traffic in FSX so far.

Long term goal:

Allow a unified world simulator for all manner of flight, train, car, ships to coexist in real-time  multiplayer. 

Edited by daveinca2000
Additions

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

-Full VR support

-Wet Aprons and Runways when raining

-Seasons with real snow

-Living airports

-Full ATC

-Realistic turboprop simulation and sound

-Ambient world sound

-More random colors on city lights at night.

-Trains and boat traffic.

-Passenger simulation

-Good quality AI traffic with real 3D sound.

-Dash 8 Q100

-Smoke from houses and factory

Probably more but you get my point. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So at the release, we will have a complete, accurate world, a scientifically accurate meteorological simulation, and in the medium term the seasons.

We will also first have a simulation of road traffic.

We will also have automatic updates, through feeds, weather, maps, air traffic...

My medium-term dream:
- maritime traffic
- trains
- helicopters
- accurate season
- VR

My very long-term dream:
- crowds of people
- simulation of marine storms, with 20-metre waves
- simulation of floods in cities, with buildings destroyed and then site cranes, reconstruction
- forest fires
- volcano eruption

a very good basis for a flow with natural disasters, events, which will generate missions, gameplay... 
- fight fires
- bring building materials 
- save people
- find sailors in distress in the middle of a storm
- take medicines to remote areas

a way for players to become aware of a living, fragile world and global climat warming...

I know its already mentioned before but i also want "the possibility to use" 2D panels in the cockpit!

I personally dont think it would be a step backwards in the development of cockpits!

• Like 1

Custom avatar pilot/co pilot face....or no buy!!!       Not only no buy, i'm gonna sell ALL my flight sim hardware and never play a flight sim again.  I might also sit in a corner and pout.

j/k

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Sorry if repeating.

1. Gliders
  2. Waves lift/sink simulated
  3. Convergence lift/sink simulated
  4. Using 3rd party software to inject more correct gliding enviroment (weather enviroment)
  5. Possibilty to create waypoint races for gliders or other aircraft

Possibility to build small airstrip somewhere where we want which of course doesn't affect anybody elses simulator.

I want sunglasses in new sim. Looking at the atmospherics, this thing can blind you.

• Upvote 2

Icing simulation :

- SLD icing 

- rime icing

- freezing rain / drizzle

- icing induced stall - for example flaps selected on iced airframe can cause sudden stall on approach/landing

- probes icing simulation - incorrect speed / altitude

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Andiroto said:

I know its already mentioned before but i also want "the possibility to use" 2D panels in the cockpit!

I personally do not think it would be a step backwards in the development of cockpits!

Even tough 3D cockpits and VR is the norm and is the future, honestly I do NOT thing adding 2D panels will do any harm to anybody. I must confess that I still enjoy flying a few 2D panels nowadays. End of the day it is just another choice you have in the sim, I mean it is already part of FS code why remove it?  and it helps the hobby because you will have a lot of free content created, exactly what made FS what it is today and the way many of the current developers started exploring panel design before they became professionals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, archipelago said:

Icing simulation :

- SLD icing 

- rime icing

- freezing rain / drizzle

- icing induced stall - for example flaps selected on iced airframe can cause sudden stall on approach/landing

- probes icing simulation - incorrect speed / altitude

Icing is part of FS2020 weather simulation ..check the weather discovery series video, very cool actually!

4 hours ago, adino said:

Icing is part of FS2020 weather simulation ..check the weather discovery series video, very cool actually!

yes, the visual effect is there, but does it affect aerodynamics / weight correctly? is frozen static port simulated for example?

21 minutes ago, archipelago said:

yes, the visual effect is there, but does it affect aerodynamics / weight correctly? is frozen static port simulated for example?

I mean have you seen how seriously they are taking this sim? than wait for the aerodynamics discovery series I bet your yaw will drop again😊

4 hours ago, archipelago said:

4 hours ago, adino said:

I mean have you seen how seriously they are taking this sim? than wait for the aerodynamics discovery series I bet your yaw will drop again😊

I think he wanted to emphasize different types of icing. Carburator ice, rim ice, clear ice etc.