Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

Respect:  Not playing moderator.  Let the mods do their job if they feel it's necessary.

🙂

Hook

Hook, I just think that's a pity. This thread was meant to be a showcase, easy-to-read for devs mainly, where everyone could express their ideas.

I think that's why this thread was pinned. I don't want to do moderator's job believe me, but take a look at the situation: a new sim with new technology is made right now in front of us, with devs telling us they are monitoring forums to understand what we want and instead of helping them, all together in one simple thread, we curse at each other. I repeat, I just think it's sad.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

It's been like THIS for years too, ever since I first joined in 2011. 

I've been following Avsim on and off for about 20 years (my old account was wiped out in the hack). I don't remember that it has been any different all along. A bell curve with vocal minorities of annoying and agressive people on both sides (preaching the choir, venomously negative etc). 

The present forum has a wonderful tool called ignore users that I use liberally (unfortunately, it seems limited to about two dozens names). Some of the ignored user posts only come to my view when decent folks pick up a fight and quote them 😁. Just sayin'. 

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Folks,

We are very close to having to lock this thread, if we don't stay on topic. 

Let's please stay on point.

-Bill

• Like 1

Full backwards compatibility with FSX/P3D addons

Partner with an airac data service so that the sim can update it and that's one less thing to do every month, worry about that.

Keep installations to one single folder like x-plane. Repairing X-Plane is a simple process.

Label all button and edit elements such that screen readers can make sense of them, for the blind and visually impaired.

Create an audible taxi system, with turns indicated by a sound in the corresponding stereo channel. In theory this will work, not tested. I'm sure autotaxi isn't an option.

Lastly, make panels, gauges, etc readable with a screen reader so we can use autopilot and other functions, without having to control it via an addon. Also include a set of requirements for third party developers such as PMDG and Aerosoft to follow so they also have accessible aircraft.

Those are the essentials I'd like to see.

Flight following, an optional feature I'd like to see so that those of us who are blind or visually impaired know what we're flying over. FSX ATC has this, but it doesn't include things like landmarks and other things of note.

• Like 2

I’ve not posted in this thread before because its full of suggestions.  However, now that we know MS is definitely paying attention to this thread, well hey why not let MS know what I’m looking for in the new FS2020?

1. Modern in game weather engine with volumetric clouds and online real world weather simulation (use actual live meteorological data).
  2. Improved ATC over FSX.
  3. Modern graphic engine, but MS seems to have this one covered already…
  4. Excellent realistic flight simulation.  The Accu-Sim addon planes are a great example of what I am looking for.
  5. Simconnect compatibility.  I’d love for Flight Sim Economy (FSE) to work with FS2020.
  6. Third party support.  Allow addon devs to support the new sim just as they’ve done over the past decade with FSX.  Without third party support the sim will fail like Flight did.
  7. The ability to download regional data for the satellite imagery.  It sounds like FS2020 will stream texture data from the cloud using real world sat images, and that’s great, BUT not everyone has a great internet connection today to allow seamless streaming like that.  If we could queue up regions or areas we like to fly in and download areas of sat images for the sim to use (an offline mode) then this would increase the sim’s market penetration.
  8. Easier addon management.  Preferably keep addon packages to single folders rather than spread files all over various paths and directories.
Edited by Mengy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sunshine- Realistic sunshine and state of the art lighting. :gaul:

Spectacular sunrises and sunsets.

Basically a realistic looking world.

Everything else will come.

Thank you!

Edited by skully
  • Like 1

- Walk to the aircraft from the terminal, through the gate into the aircraft, and go down on the apron to perform the walk around!

• Like 2

OMG this is hilarious! Remember the people saying they aren't watching our threads? LOL! 

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I'm sure that it has already been mentioned in this thread somewhere, but as an instrument student, a regularly updated airport/navaid/procedure database has taken on a new level of importance for me. And as the number of ground based navaids are being decommissioned at an accelerating rate, I would also love to see a robust GPS solution out of the box. G1000, GTN, GNS...whatever. I can't tell you how valuable a learning tool the sim has been in my instrument training so far.

• Like 2

Chris

Is integrating virtual airlines within the xbox platform a bad idea?
I'm just thinking loud, I've never been doing VA or online flying.

I'm thinking, create a VA in the xbox platform. Invite your fellow pilots through their xbox id.
Get in MSFS, check you want to do a VA flight and your flight data will be uploaded to the xbox platform.
Everyone within the VA can of course go to the VA page and see the data, coming in from all of the pilots.

Now, if the VA wants to do their own webpage for their VA. There would be a restful API which you can pull your VA data from, and then publish it on the VA's own webpage.

• Like 1

ATC positions in multiplayer, like a giant IVAO!!!

To keep it realistic, an in-game ATC school with different levels and diplomas could unlock ATC position in multiplayer.

(Maybe same thing for pilots?)

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Noooch said:

- Walk to the aircraft from the terminal, through the gate into the aircraft, and go down on the apron to perform the walk around!

Walk around is a crucial procedure before every flight, so yep count me in! We absolutely need that (in VR of course)

• Like 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

I would love to see an interactive and easy to use scenario/mission editor such as Lockheed Martin's SimDirector. The editor in FSX was painful.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spac3Rat said:

All I ask for is a good flight model for helicopters.

And helicopters.

I'm sure the rest will be taken care of.

Yep, and let's expand on that:

• Accurate entry and exit from ground effect
  • Accurate entry and exit from translational lift
  • Accurate modeling of both piston and turboshaft engines
  • Realistic autorotation, per helicopter model 
  • Realistic Vortex Ring State (without being either too exaggerated or too hard to get into, under realistic conditions)
  • Retreating blade stall
  • Blade icing
  • Force Trim Release for the cyclic
  • SAS (stability augmentation system) with user options ranging from arcade -- full stability, no anti-torque needed -- to Off, including a setting matching real world SAS for those helicopters that have it. 
  • Realistic 3-Axis or 4-Axis autopilot for medium and large helicopters that include it
  • Auto-hover/Auto-approach for 4-axis autopilots with coupled collective

• In the initial release, at least one small piston trainer (R22 or Calibri), and at least one medium twin with a good nav package and autopilot (Bell 412, Bell 429, AW 139, S-76 or similar). 

• A scenery engine that includes enough fine-grain texture on the ground that we can visually judge height in the last 50 feet in a hover or landing away from an airport. No big pixellated blur on the ground. 

That's probably my core "what I want" for helicopters, but the following would be nice too (and can be had in at least one current sim):

• Realistic Mast bump damage modeling for teetering 2-blade types
  • Sling loads
  • Floats (including emergency skid-mounted types)
  • Searchlight with cockpit controls

All of that is not too much to ask, is it? 🙂

• Like 7

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor