Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

I suggest the upcoming flights I’m focus on being the stable framework on which we will base our future simming needs.

Now what this means is, that MS should provide the platform (framework) for ‘us‘ (the developers) to build on.

So the platform should have

• Great simulation of how physics affects planes
  • Ofc stunning visuals, with superb simulation of light etc
  • Stable.. Rock solid stable platform
  • Detailed SDK
  • Advanced weather variables
  • Great world (Sloped runways, differences in surface states etc)

And many other probably mentioned in this and many other threads over the years in these forums. I sincerely hope MS would draw the line at ATC/planes etc because one cannot expect them to deliver all this. I see so many posts of how this sim should be capable of e.g detailed ATC.  ATC procedures are so local, and interchangeable that it doesn’t make any sense to try to provide them in a sim. When its released the procedure might change etc etc. 

I suggest MS reach out to existing platforms who delivers ATC, and integrate these into their systems. This is not an easy task, and there is a lot of bones in that fish to pick. So get it started 😏

Same with planes.. Let our super talented developers do the awesome planes they do, and let MS do what they can do.

I really hope MS provide the platform or framework for us to expand on. So “we”(developers) need to be able to deeply interact with variables in the sim.

Edited by Sam
  • Upvote 1

EZDOK - more than an addon.

Final request. Please 'buy' or employ the EZDOK-CAMERA guys - REX and EZDok are the only 2 addons I use on every flight. EZDok takes MSFS to a new level - the closest to flying a real plane I have experienced (other than 3D). The head movements sort out the turbulence problem - MSFS has always had far too little turbulence for GA flying. EZDok cannot be recommended enough - they are stars! These guys are worth the investment. FS Flying school is another favourite of mine to add atmosphere to the sim with some vocal interaction (just like a real cockpit), but EZdok is the king.

Dear Microsoft Team,

thanks for reading this far! 😉

Everything I've seen so far looks really promising. Still, I'd love to see:

• seasons. I've spent hours flying over snowy fields in the sunset and over the Indian Summer Trees in Conneticut. Would love to see that again, even if scenery is 3D moddeled.
  • sound environment. Don't underestimate the impact on reallity when lovely bird chirps are suddenly interrupted by the raw sound of engines starting up. Or the roaring of a 747 taking off right next to you. Not to mention thounderclouds in the vicinity. All in real 5.1 of course!
  • weather effects. Can you make the air shimmering over the blistering surface of the runway while taking off in Dubai? Or the freezing cold of Alaska? The morning dew on the fuselage at 5 o'clock in the morning?

Anyway. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 4

Some suggestions:

• an actual FBO - a real space in which to compile / submit flight plans, order fuel / service, etc.
  • actual walk-around inspection, with chance for failures if inspection is missed

These ideas come from the 'Flight Unlimited'sim by Looking Glass from 1995 - that had an FBO as the 'menu'

It would be great to have a virtual space for these functions rather than abstract menus.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/10/2019 at 12:19 AM, vortex681 said:

But that has nothing specifically to do with desktop flight sims. I stand by my original comment that there hasn't been a truly revolutionary suggestion here - a genuinely new, practical idea which hasn't previously appeared, in some form, before in a flight sim.

How about that if you land in outback Australia you have to check the aircraft for snakes or spiders before you take off again?

- Airac mandatory for a flight simulator (sid, stars, transition)

- Notam

- GPS G1000, GTN750 with airac updateable monthly 

- Customizable missions (civil and military) 

- Few planes but well developed

- Interactive cecklist, step by step (takeoff, cruise, landing)

- Real traffic with real livery

- Flight school, to learn the basics of the vfr and ifr flight

- Career mode as FSpassengers or FSCaptain

- Military (vortac...) 

- Flight dynamics as real

- Multiplayer online

• Like 2

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

I am simply hoping for a product that Microsoft puts their heart and soul into. If this level of commitment is achievable, there is nothing to be concerned about. Virtually everything forum members are requesting should eventually fall into place. They know what they need to do.

Edited by rjetster1

Hello, some kind of mGPU support, as the game will be dx12? mGPU is the new multi GPU standard, where you can use 2 or more GPU's together, without the requirement for them to be 2 of the same kind GPU. 

So for example,  would love to be able to plug in my Vega 64 along with my Radeon VII and use them both to run the sim. That would be awesome! 

Thank you.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

14 hours ago, Sam said:

I sincerely hope MS would draw the line at ATC/planes etc because one cannot expect them to deliver all this. I see so many posts of how this sim should be capable of e.g detailed ATC.  ATC procedures are so local, and interchangeable that it doesn’t make any sense to try to provide them in a sim. When its released the procedure might change etc etc. 

I suggest MS reach out to existing platforms who delivers ATC, and integrate these into their systems.😏

If Microsoft can integrate its Text to Speech AI feature with regional accents into the sim to provide ATC, this could be a game changer, just think about the fact that Microsoft is one of the very few companies capable of such a thing!

• Upvote 1

- TOUCHDOWN EFFECTS please make us feel if our landing was a butter one or if we just break the weels. After all, that's the ultimate goal of a well prepared approach for many of us 🙂

Edited by Noooch

- Head compensation so when the aircraft is banking, the head tends to remains straight.

HELICOPTER AI TRAFFIC please and custom Heli flight model c/w blade slap. The blade slap effect could be added to general aviation fixed wing types too like cessnas or pipers for a realistic power to idle blade slap sound effect on short finals.

• Upvote 1

I want them to photogram every island in the Caribbean lol.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

What do we want? Time travel!

When do we want it? Doesn't matter!

What do we want? The right to procrastinate!

When do we want it? Tomorrow!

What do we want? A cure for Tourettes!

When do we want it? %*@@!!&&*!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

What I want is the stuff I have to pay extra for now, like realistic thermals and ridge lift/sink, object-generated turbulence, wind shear, downdrafts, realistic treatment of airframe and engine icing, realistic piston engine management, realistic turboprop modelling/management, tyre grip and braking affected by snow/ice/water contamination of runways, realistic (surface) water physics making floatplane operations more challenging.

Eye candy is nice...but this is the stuff that's really missing, IMO. If the new sim doesn't have these features, then I'd be a lot less likely to make the jump just for the sake of pretty pictures.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1