Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

Old news, in FS2004, We have ramps and sloping runways. We also have a skier.. So, much fun with skiing. Pretty unique. 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Puddles and ruts on dirt strips 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

this thread is to huge to check everything before posting my suggestion:

i really, really hope FS2020 will have the option to exit planes and walk around in First Person View, not only to walk around the plane (maybe inside the plane too?) but also around the nice surroundings (this espcially when VR is build in).

So an exit/enter planes on the ground and if possible an eject option in the air.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:25 AM, domkle said:

Puddles and ruts on dirt strips 

Also along those lines, procedurally generated rocks. For instance, in alpine flying, you generally would not want to land in a boulder field. If they can do it with grass, it might not be a huge leap. Really they can probably add a lot of interesting surfaces procedurally and make bush-type flying pretty interesting.

Install location optionally different from cache location.  I want game installed on nvme but cache on TB's of 7200RPM raid 0.

• Upvote 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

What we need is VR. Everyone talking about things to make their experience more realistic yet they are still simming through a monitor!

WAKE UP PEOPLE! 🙂

If you aren't flying VR you aren't flying. Take it from me...I went from a full cockpit build to VR. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3sNvGZJmUhauFwty5

Edited by Flybynumbers

We have post after post about VR in this topic. Please either search the topic or read it before posting. 

• Upvote 8

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, Flybynumbers said:

What we need is VR. Everyone talking about things to make their experience more realistic yet they are still simming through a monitor!

WAKE UP PEOPLE! 🙂

If you aren't flying VR you aren't flying. Take it from me...I went from a full cockpit build to VR. 

Then it sounds as if you took a backwards step with realism. You had tangible cockpit instrumentation and went back to virtual ones.
Where in real life do you use a headset / visor in a commercial or a GA aircraft to simulate a cockpit?

VR is interesting, there's demand for it, but I don't think its ready for prime time yet and it's not going to be for everyone (physiological issues with its use among other reasons).

However, the developers have said that they are going to implement it, so I don't see the need for yet another post singing the virtues of it.

• Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

This topic is about what we want and is not meant for lengthy discussions about any item. 

As such and as I stated earlier, no more VR discussions. We have other VR topics in this forum. Your are welcome to join those conversations. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

50 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

Using a triple monitor setup with a yoke or sidestick (depending on aircraft), rudder pedals, throttle quadrant and MCP.
I can physically touch the majority of the elements I interact with in the cockpit. They are real, I can see their positions and manipulate them physically.

Having been in a 6-axis full-motion sim and having used a VR headset, my personal opinion is that I prefer my setup over VR. VR might 'place me in the sim', but all my interactions with it are virtual.
To me, my setup feels closer to that of the full-motion sim than with hanging a headset on my head and seeing nothing of the real world.

You like your way. I like mine. It's like ice cream flavours - personal taste.
Right, we're boring people with OT posts re: VR.

Back on-topic.

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier. I want the ability to jump-ahead, similar to the feature in the QW787, but for all aircraft.

The jump to a new position should place me at the correct time of day and the fuel used as if I had actually simulated flying it at 1x sim speed.
Would save several hours of nothingness in the cruise over the Pacific, central Russia at night or the Indian Ocean. I no longer have the time to run long-haul even at 4x sim speed.

Edited by 188AHC
Removed deleted quote.
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

My mother used to say "I want, never gets".

I want to see Clouds of Smoke like that when I hard land an airliner!

• Like 2

Alexis Mefano

You know what would be absolutely insane? If even the buildings being modeled are updated with regularity. Let's say a series of roads was closed off because of a marathon, with the streets filled with banners and decorations. Or a multipurpose stadium was adorned with banners for a tournament, like the FIFA World Cup. Imagine if MSFS could model all of that.

1 hour ago, SterlingCrimson92 said:

You know what would be absolutely insane? If even the buildings being modeled are updated with regularity. Let's say a series of roads was closed off because of a marathon, with the streets filled with banners and decorations. Or a multipurpose stadium was adorned with banners for a tournament, like the FIFA World Cup. Imagine if MSFS could model all of that.

Or ATC strikes (in France...). This is public information after all and it could be updated in the sim in real time 🙂