Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

July 25 Update with video

1 hour ago, dtrjones said:

Yeah it's very odd that Paris and London are not featured (I.e. missing from Earth View). Could Google have some sort of licence exclusivity agreement or maybe Bing simply haven't got around to it. Given some of the nondescript cities in the US which are 3D I'm baffled.

Well - if you refer to Earthview that is not a Microsoft app?

Looking in Bing maps on the web it seems like they have the basic 3D shapes of buildings in London:

uAYLbmd.png

And the "Birdseye view from Bing":

wHA7LT0.png

And looking at the small town (80.000 people living here) in Sweden where I live they have the 3D shape rather right for our small Cathedral...

sp4N82w.png

Sure - you don't see them render in 3D in the native Windows 10 app that is now simply called "Maps" like Barcelona does, but they do have 45 degree aerial photos of even our small town, and the 2D high res satelite photos and the 3D shapes of the buildings - so that is what you feed to Azure ;)

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

Hint -Microsoft Flight Simulator X = Microsoft Flight Simulator XX.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just imagine if the mad lads decided to release FSX Remastered 😄

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Looks like there will be a way to get your FSX addons into the new sim, and no subscription !, plus listening to the community, MS is really going for it all with this one.

2 minutes ago, jymp said:

Looks like there will be a way to get your FSX addons into the new sim, and no subscription !, plus listening to the community, MS is really going for it all with this one.

I hope not. We don't want any legacy code from FS9 or FSX in the new sim. We've had enough trouble with them in the past.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 12

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I made a small comparison with P3DV4 with the cityscene of ORBX of Barcelona and the new simulation MSFS2020 is amazing !!

t2sNyza.jpg2MJLlMz.jpg

Manuel

Manuel TRAMARD

CPU:  Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz | GPU: GeForce RTX 4080  | OS: Win11 Pro 64bit | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64 Go 4 x 16 Go DDR4-2600  | SSD: Samsung MVMe 2 To | Monitor:LG 4K "  | Resolution: 4096x2160  | Additional Hardware: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick&Quadrant&Addons  | Sims: P3D v5.3, MSFS

8 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I hope not. We don't want any legacy code from FS9 or FSX in the new sim. We've had enough trouble with them in the past.

No, I don't either, hopefully they've figured out a way without the legacy code.

9 minutes ago, Manuel1989 said:

I made a small comparison with P3DV4 with the cityscene of ORBX of Barcelona and the new simulation MSFS2020 is amazing !!

Wow, the P3D one looks great until you scroll down to the FS2020 one...incredible!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

A 3 second vid may has well been a screenshot in my view - pardon the pun.🤓😂

Backwards compatibility may backfire - pardon the pun.🤣🤯 

I've got no clue but some have speculated it means they are working on a way for FSX addons to be ported over via some kind of converter or something.

Another thing I thought of is that they may make FSX free to play to drive interest in the franchise.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it seems more plausible to me that the announcement about FSX is that they are going to release it as free to play.

• Like 1

There will definetely be no backwards compatibility. Maybe there will be some porting tools but the FSX announcement will be like bonchie said maybe f2p or an update or coming to xbox or or or

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

41 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Making it possible to convert things doesn't mean there's any usage of legacy engine code. Just look at the X-plane tool called FS2XP, it coverts FSX the sceneries to XP10 and XP11 and I'm sure XP and FSX don't share the same engine.

It would be nice to have such tool while we don't have sceneries made natively in the new SDK, using the newest techniques.