Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

July 25 Update with video

That FSX image could mean so many things... From "easy port" to nostalgic marketing or anything you could imagine. I only hope is not related to performance haha

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Hey guys,

Did anyone pay attention to the clue at the very end of the update - it is for FSX????

see-this.png

I was just thinking, maybe this new MSFS will have an option to fly in FSX as well, but with the new technology, or give you the option to fly the FSX missions, which I really love!!!

Hmm?

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

2 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I hope not. We don't want any legacy code from FS9 or FSX in the new sim. We've had enough trouble with them in the past.

ahahah first reasonable comment i read here, you nailed it.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I'm sitting here with a double Jim Beam enjoying all the comments so far. I'm sure Microsoft is too.  I found today's update to be particularly exciting.

Looking forward to what comes next.

However the outlook for Jim Beam isn't as bright. One of their wooden warehouses burned down with 4500 barrels of Bourbon. Guess I better scoot down and get another bottle. It should come in handy while we wait for the official release of the new and improved Microsoft Flight Simulator.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

6 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I'm sitting here with a double Jim Beam enjoying all the comments so far. I'm sure Microsoft is too.  I found today's update to be particularly exciting.

Looking forward to what comes next.

However the outlook for Jim Beam isn't as bright. One of their wooden warehouses burned down with 4500 barrels of Bourbon. Guess I better scoot down and get another bottle. It should come in handy while we wait for the official release of the new and improved Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Lay off the alcohol bruh, we need you alive long enough to see the release!

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

No worries Krakin. I enjoy a dram now and again but not with any regularity.😁

And, no. I won't be flying tomorrow.  Remember, "A drink in eight will seal your fate".  First little ditty I learned in flight school.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

9 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I never saw the FSX logo, but it isn't there anymore, it's the new FS logo.

I just reloaded the page, and the FSX logo is still definitely there for me, down at the bottom of this latest update.

Just now, andyjohnston.net said:

Very odd, I see the MSFS logo

Look at the bottom of the update.

2922AEA8-8BEA-4194-B903-33774C749C45.png

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I hope not. We don't want any legacy code from FS9 or FSX in the new sim. We've had enough trouble with them in the past.

I totally agree with this!  

I wouldn't be at all disappointed if the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" hint just means we'll get to listen to the FSX theme song in the new sim's user interface 😎

BTW I LOVE the cloud shadows in that short video. Can't wait for more info.

• Like 1

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

the FSX hint means you should have original FSX CDs with purchase prove + acceleration pack 1 installed, and the new FS will be released as acceleration pack 2, ANY OBJECTION?

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.