Sign in to follow this  
A159

Ground Textures cycling between normal and black

Hi, Can anyone please help me out in solving why after installing ORBX, the whole world is cycling between normal and black. I remember editing something in Prepar3d.cfg but I can't remeber now. 

I am having the same problem linked

but their solution didn't work with me (deleting prepar3d.cfg and shaders folder)

are you running REX Environment force??

if you are REX EF must be started before P3D,otherwise you will get black ground textures.if not ..

try reinstalling Orbx Global from  FTX central

if not try Force migration.

steve

If you use REX EF, as Steve says, you must start it before P3D. But, if you are using AUTO mode in EF, ensure you switch to Manual mode before shutting down EF, otherwise the Shader cache does not get cleared out (not an issue if you plan on using EF next time you run P3D, but if you start P3D without EF, you may very well get black textures, though they won't cycle).

I had a similar problem with some black ground textures cycling and it turned out to be an Orbx issue and once I ran the file verification for ORBX OpenLC North America in FTX Central, the problem was fixed. I got the idea from this thread.

Randy

Rebuild cfg file and untick frozen water in Vector. 😉

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Guys thank you very very much. To tell you the truth I uninstalled everything and will try your solutions once P3D is up and running.

and yes bdw, I was using Rex but don't remember if I was starting it before P3d