Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

**When to expect new screenshots ?**

Guest Fjorko

Just a query on when we can expect to see some more screenshots of FSX ? No pressure - just curious !! :-)

Guest Robin.B

When they're allowed to, probably ;)

Guest Fjorko

>When there's more to show.I'm sure you guys have plenty more to show us.....so why hide 'em ?Just show us 1 or 2 more.....or 20 if you like !!! Bhuahahahahahhahaah :-)

Well there is a shot of a Boeing on a wet tarmat, why not show this bird going down the rwy in the rain =P, like to see if it kicks up some water![h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

the wet runway effect looks really bad, IMO. thankfully it is still alpha

oh gosh...I must be in twilight zone. I thought it looked so real. Shows you that every one sees things thru different prism!

Guest 3202b

the wet runway effect looks really bad, IMO. thankfully it is still alphaYou can not judge an effect from 1 static shot.

Guest Robin.B

I don't think the current hover mechanism that they seem to have installed on that 747 doesn't allow it to go as far as the runway :)

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>the wet runway effect looks really bad, IMO. thankfully it>is still alpha>>You can not judge an effect from 1 static shot.Actually, I think it's a fairly accurate depiction of what it looks like in the sim. Alex (big_Al) just doesn't like it. Cheers,jason

Guest tdragger

E3 is in May. We can wait 'til then if you'd like.

>E3 is in May. We can wait 'til then if you'd like. Nooooooooooo! :-eek Screenshots are the only way we can get our FSX "fix" until the release date! :-boom ;)

Its already been a month since the anouncement. Eight more months to go. So how about some more screenshots? Feed us Symore!

Guest PC509

I don't know. It looks like the runway is too flat. I mean it looks good, but it looks like there is 1/2" of water over the whole runway. Rather than looking wet, it looks flooded. The shader needs to be adjusted. Not saying I can do better. It looks like the first water shaders (Morrowind style), rather than the newer ones (like the PS3.0 in Age of Empires 3; which look great!). However, I am sure that the frame rates and hardware requirements would jump with longer shader instructions. Not everyone can afford the new X1900XLX video cards in SLI... It still looks good, I'm not complaining! :D I think you guys do amazing work! I remember playing FS98. That was 8 years ago. Those were great graphics. Then 2000. 6 years ago. Compare that with FSX! WOW!BTW: Off topic question on product design & generations. How soon do you start working on the next version? Do you finish this, take a much needed vacation, and then go back to work? Or are you currently working on stuff that won't be ready for FSX, so you keep working on it for the next version?