What a great great piece of software. Remarkable.

Here are some things that I think will enhance what this tool is trying to do which is in my eyes - "one tool to rule them all". No need for any other tool, it has it all.

• Notifications support. some examples for notification:
    • Approaching Waypoint X (more for VFR flights)
    • Approaching TOD or any other navigation milestone.
    • And the cherry of the cake, no tool I know of can do that, it's a really really "make online players lives easy" thing - notification when the plane is about to enter an online center (CTR,approach, Tower ...). Or even better, if such center becomes online/offline and is on the flight path. That's a real pearl. (I would say alert to android, but that's beyond the scope of this tool probably:-))
  • A quick button to "Find Alternate" airport based on the rating of the aircraft, which will find the most appropriate alternate airport for the route.
  • An option to show on the map multi SIDs and STARs with their names. This way, instead of going one by one to find the best match, I will be able to see them all and just click one to pick it.
  • A more "readable" METAR report. 

That's it for now.

Amazing tool. 

2.png

12 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

Notifications support. some examples for notification:

This is a new idea. I put this into ticket/issue #438. No idea when and how, though.

12 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

A quick button to "Find Alternate" airport based on the rating of the aircraft, which will find the most appropriate alternate airport for the route. 

Already on the list: #404. I'm slowly laying the foundation for this by adding new parameters to the aircraft performance files. Current development version already has support for alternates. The alternate airports will come in 2.4 but the automatic search will arrive in future versions.

13 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

An option to show on the map multi SIDs and STARs with their names. This way, instead of going one by one to find the best match, I will be able to see them all and just click one to pick it. 

No so easy. For now click into the procedures tree and use cursor up and down to navigate quickly through all of them. Enable "follow selection" in the context menu when doing this.

13 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

A more "readable" METAR report. 

I thought that report on the weather tab is already readable. Have an example?

Alex

Thanks for your answers Alex. I sure hope that the notification issue will find its way to your planned enhancements. This is really something that no tool have. Not that I know of anyway.

About the METAR, have to admit I can't always remember all the abbreviations, I do tend to use this site :

http://www.flightutilities.com/MRonline.aspx

Which turns for example "LFKJ 271900Z AUTO 20008KT 9999 FEW030/// SCT056/// BKN092/// ///CB 27/22 Q1000 TEMPO TSRA"

To:

AJACCIO - CAMPO DEL'ORO - CORSE ISL. (FRANCE)
Latitude: 41°55'26"N - Longitude: 008°48'09"E.
Magnetic declination: 2.5°E
Sunrise: 04:13 UTC
Sunset: 18:49 UTC
Report emitted the day: 27, time 19:00 UTC
Saturday 27 July 2019 22:00 local time.
Report is fully automated, with no human intervention or oversight.
Wind: True direction = 200 degrees, speed: 8 knots (15 km/h) (4 m/s).
Runway 02, length 7897 feet, altitude 15 feet: Cross Wind 0 KT Right - Centerline Wind 8 KT rear.
Runway 20, length 7897 feet, altitude 17 feet: Cross Wind 0 KT Left - Centerline Wind 8 KT front.
Minimum horizontal visibility: 10 km or more.
Clouds: A few (1-2 oktas), at 3000 feet above aerodrome level (914 meters).
Clouds: Scattered (3-4 oktas), at 5600 feet above aerodrome level (1707 meters).
Clouds: Broken sky (5-7 oktas), at 9200 feet above aerodrome level (2804 meters).
Cumulonimbus.
Temperature: 27 degrees Celsius (81 Fahrenheit). Dewpoint: 22 degrees Celsius (72 Fahrenheit). Relative humidity 74.19 %. Heat index = 30 degrees Celsius (85 Fahrenheit). Caution. Fatigue possible.
QNH (Sea-level pressure): 1000 hPa (29.53 inches).
The following weather phenomena are expected to arise temporarily:
Weather: Thunderstorms Rain .

I would say the lower part of the decoding (Wind and below) is great to have.

2.png

That's what I see here (developement version):

Seattle Tacoma Intl (KSEA)  Map

NOAA Station Weather

Time:

27.07.19 19:53 UTC

Flight Rules:

VFR

Wind:

237°M, 6 kts

Temperature:

21°C, 70°F

Dewpoint:

12°C, 54°F

Pressure:

1.025 hPa, 30,26 inHg

Visibility:

8,7 nm

Clouds

Overcast

4.900 ft

Remarks:
AO2 SLP251 T02110117

Best runways for wind

Runways

Surface

Length

Headwind

Crosswind

16R, 16C, 16L

Hard

8.500-11.902 ft

2 kts ▼

6 kts

The METAR in your example triggers a bug in LNM which omits the pressure. This will be fixed. But apart from that I see nothing missing so far. Temporary changes and some other stuff are not parsed yet. Relative humidity is not relevant IMO and cloud types are usually not part of the METAR string.

Runway prediction will come with the 2.4 version.

Alex

Another one:

Direction arrows on the V and J airways when in the lowest (highest) zoom level. (Direction only, no need for the name at this zoom level).

2.png

6 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

Direction arrows on the V and J airways when in the lowest (highest) zoom level. (Direction only, no need for the name at this zoom level).

Something like that?

image.png

Alex

Hi Alex,

You're just an amazing guy - thanks for all your efforts...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Sorry, I know it's different strokes for different folks, but why do I need directional arrows on a jetway?  I already have a flight plan that tells me where I'm going.

IMHO, it seems something that is was very functional is getting cluttered.with nice to have versus need to have.

Just give me the option to turn this stuff off.

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Alex - yes, amazing.

airenie, the reason is that , well, I sometimes can find a shorter path then the tool generates. In which case, I just manually change the path. and in this case, what Alex showed is perfect to know which path is legal.

2.png

3 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

Alex - yes, amazing.

airenie, the reason is that , well, I sometimes can find a shorter path then the tool generates. In which case, I just manually change the path. and in this case, what Alex showed is perfect to know which path is legal.

I guess I don't understand the arrows since Jet airways aren't directional like one-way roads.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

54 minutes ago, airernie said:

I guess I don't understand the arrows since Jet airways aren't directional like one-way roads.

There are one-way airways. You can see them when using the Navigraph or X-Plane navdata. LNM already displays a small arrow together with the name for these. The arrows were just missing in the overview.

P3D does not store this information in the BGL files. Upper altitude limit is also missing in FSX/P3D.

Alex

3 hours ago, albar965 said:

There are one-way airways. You can see them when using the Navigraph or X-Plane navdata. LNM already displays a small arrow together with the name for these. The arrows were just missing in the overview. 

Wasn't aware of that.. Guess I haven't ran into one yet.

Ernest Pergrem

On 7/30/2019 at 6:43 AM, Dbarnea said:

Another one:

Maybe a bug, because I think I saw this happening sometimes.

When I let the tool generate a V route, then I manually select a SID, it will be nice if the tool will know to adjust the SID into the route. The part it misses sometimes, is deleting the part of the route which is not covered by the SID.

Example:

Generate a WIII to VTBS V route. Now choose DOLT2B SID for WIII. (I hope you have updated Navigraph 🙂 ). the SID will indeed merg into the route, but the part from KAREN to DOLTA should be removed.

2.png

Hi Doron,

13 minutes ago, Dbarnea said:

When I let the tool generate a V route, then I manually select a SID, it will be nice if the tool will know to adjust the SID into the route. The part it misses sometimes, is deleting the part of the route which is not covered by the SID. 

This is a known problem. I already remove duplicate waypoints that are a part of a SID/STAR and route.

While thinking about it 🤔 ... I also could remove all waypoints after/before a dupe. But this will only work where the end of the SID or beginning of the STAR have the same waypoint as in the flight plan. If there is no such match the result will be again zig-zag.
I'll see what I can do. Might even fit into release 2.4 where I'm getting slooowwwwly to the end.

Alex