Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Thank you (to FS Team)

Guest fsxcess

I was just reading the forum and looking at the amount of information that both tdragger and pixelpoke_from_MSFT have provided and thought that I would just like to say, Thank you for sharing with the community on a forum like this as we don't usually hear anything except the sparse news articles on the main Avsim page, which leads to all sorts of speculation.Keep up the great work guys (and the rest of the FS Team)

I concur.tdragger and pixelpoke..yes. We know we ask for the sky. Cause thats where the airplanes fly. :(Thank you.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest alex333

Yes, thank you very, very much from my side as well.I do not post here too often, as it's quite a challenge for me to write in English, but this is one thing that has to be said, imho :)Sometimes I feel a little bit ashamed when hearing "MS do this", "MS you must get this right", and I think that under these circumstances it is even more amazing that tdragger and pixelpoke are still replying...Of course, I have my personal wishlist, too. But looking at my setup of fs2004, I am really astonished about what has been achieved in flightsimming even now.Maybe, I ought to add - having been an aviation ethusiast since childhood - that I still remember seeing pictures of cameras mounted over a model landscape (looking like a model railroad setup), projecting images on the big airlines' simulator screens. And I thought "wow, if I could have one of those....!!"What more gives us fs2004 even now, especially with that beautiful add-on-stuff (for which it had been designed). And now, there are those great-looking FSX pictures and the folks who work on it are not only listening to our wishes but they are discussing them, responding, explainig and picking up ideas to implement them in the yet-to-come version(s) of FS. For me, it's a childhood dream come true. It's really time to say thank you. :)Greetings from GermanyAlex

Guest tdragger

Thanks Alex. I know we have a big following in Deutschland. Maybe we'll have a chance to visit one of your country's sim conferences one of these days. (Personally I'd love to come for the Cup this year!)

>Sometimes I feel a little bit ashamed when hearing "MS do>this", "MS you must get this right", and I think that under>these circumstances it is even more amazing that tdragger and>pixelpoke are still replying...>Same here. I've often wondered what keeps the team going, I'd have given up for more profitable projects with less discerning customers long ago.>Of course, I have my personal wishlist, too. But looking at my>setup of fs2004, I am really astonished about what has been>achieved in flightsimming even now.>Yup. Having been into computers and computer games for something like 20 years I can still remember marvelling at having a graphical screen rather than character based.The improvements MSFS has made in just a few years are tremendous.

Guest cwright

I couldn't agree more!I've followed Flight Simulator since FS95. There was just one little disappointment: that the FS team never appeared on the forums (as far as we knew). A number of times I said that it would be great if they could appear on the forums. One counter argument was that there would be a flood of abuse from angry users so that it would quickly end in tears. I said I didn't believe that and I think I was right. Other sims, such as Fly!, IL2 and Far Cry have active participation from the developers and in most cases the discussions remained positive and civilised. I'm very, very happy to see representatives of Microsoft participating actively on this forum. I'm also happy to see that the discussion has been very positive, together with a bit of humour and leg-pulling! And a few subtle hints.... I could ask a dozen questions but I won't as I know their time is precious. But I would like to say a big thank you to Mike and Jason for a great job. May it long continue. As a result my estimation of Microsoft has risen considerably! Best regards, Chris

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>>Sometimes I feel a little bit ashamed when hearing "MS do>>this", "MS you must get this right", and I think that under>>these circumstances it is even more amazing that tdragger>and>>pixelpoke are still replying...>>>Same here. I've often wondered what keeps the team going, I'd>have given up for more profitable projects with less>discerning customers long ago.>>>Of course, I have my personal wishlist, too. But looking at>my>>setup of fs2004, I am really astonished about what has been>>achieved in flightsimming even now.>>>Yup. Having been into computers and computer games for>something like 20 years I can still remember marvelling at>having a graphical screen rather than character based.>The improvements MSFS has made in just a few years are>tremendous.>>I concur and it definitely has been an amazing journey from The Dancing Demon & Deathmaze to today. Turn Turn Turn.... :-)Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

Guest Phanton 09

I agree with everybody here. Thank you very much !!!!!!!Regards,Rod.

Guest jayman426

I also want to say thank you. I know it takes alot of patience to deal with all the request. You guys have shed light on why things are in or not in. Again thank you.Jason Dellarusso

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

I'm in! Thanks a bunch FS Team. Excellent work!Regards,Mark.:)

Yes thank you for many many years of making my life a little more happy ;-). I know with all the requesting going on that at times this can come across as not grateful but there are not many things I am looking forward to as much as FSX! (Well my kids are first place) =P...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Yes, me too. Thanks a heap guys for participating patiently and with good humour especially given the occasional negativity.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia