Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

The file they sent me had no sode files.  There are no jetways at the airport.  Do you have the same?

Edited by pads103

2 hours ago, pads103 said:

The file they sent me had no sode files.  There are no jetways at the airport.  Do you have the same?

I'll have to play with mine more to see if I'm missing something.  But I have Jetways, but lots of buildings missing and lots of Jetways not fully connected to buildings.  Also something must be off with the ADE, AI aircraft parked inside of buildings and not a single cargo apron parking stand available(selectable) for DHL.

Edited by thibodba57

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Whats with these developers and their haphazard or non-existent support systems? Was excited to get this and I read the only way to get a hold of them is through Facebook which I don't use or have an account with and their installer is broken. Emails to their support address bounce back per the above post. Some of these dev's have zero business acumen.

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

I’m having the same problem. Sent them a support request thru their website since I’m not on Facebook (never have been....never will be).  Clearly there is a problem here......just hope they address it. If not, I’ll log a complaint thru paypal.....I’ll try to get a refund. Maybe they will take that more seriously.   And i totally agree on the nonexistent support. Really disappointing that people think it’s ok to release software in this day and age without support. I mean....cmon!

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

The download is corrupted each time and the link to the P3D manuals goes nowhere! Well I hope they fix these issues soon but I would certainly not rush to ask for a refund as that hurts developers reputations with the payment companies. The only refunds I have received are after long processes of drama and hostility from specific developers not one that has server hosting problems!

Anyone successful at downloading and installing at this time?

Since the previous message (7 hours ago) nothing seems to have changed. Downloaded the P3D v4 file three times, all were corrupt. E-mailing for support is not working.

What is the size of a non-corrupted file? The file I downloaded was each time just over 512Mb.

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

2 hours ago, eham8 said:

Anyone successful at downloading and installing at this time?

Since the previous message (7 hours ago) nothing seems to have changed. Downloaded the P3D v4 file three times, all were corrupt. E-mailing for support is not working.

What is the size of a non-corrupted file? The file I downloaded was each time just over 512Mb.

Same. No success with the download. And my file size is also just over 512mb. 

I tried downloading with a different browser and download manager, but still no luck. Also tried downloading the fsx and p3dv3 versions. Both downloaded fine, but again they didn’t extract because of a “corrupt” file. 

Edited by zkerr8

Zachary Kerr

A few of us have been able to get Skyline to send us the file directly through FB messenger.  See the comments on their FB page.  The file size is 1.2g

I'm waiting for a review of this scenery. It looks interesting.  

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

22 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Does it reflect CVG as it currently is. The two terminals were torn down in 2019 

It does not appear to be current...the sixth screenshot on their website shows an old terminal or terminals with two jetway piers, just west of Concourse A where remote parking apron 2 is now. 

I compared that with both a current Jepp parking diagram and a two-year-old Google Earth shot with a bare remote parking ramp there without any leftover remnants of the old terminal(s) as of May 2017, and an older Google Earth archive shot shows the terminal(s) already demolished and the remote parking 2 ramp under construction in June 2016.  So the scenery is something over 3 years out of date at release.  Ugh.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, pads103 said:

A few of us have been able to get Skyline to send us the file directly through FB messenger.  See the comments on their FB page.  The file size is 1.2g

Some of us don't use FB and never will. So Skyline needs to get this problem resolved on their website. 

Edited by BillS511
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pads103 said:

And those without FB? 

Eric 

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

So the scenery is something over 3 years out of date at release.  Ugh.

Look like I should continue working on my ADE version of CVG then.  I get bogged down when there are so many changes required to the default just to get the taxi system and aprons laid out to resemble reality.  Keep on swimming.....

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Some of us don't use FB and never will. So Skyline needs to get this problem resolved on their website. 

Email them here - accounting@skyline-simulations.com - be sure to include your sales info and they will send you a link for the correct file.  They got me sorted out pretty quickly.  Be sure to download the SODE file off facebook as well (otherwise you wont have jetways).  By the way - I dont use facebook either - so I had them email both the scenery files and the SODE files.  Good luck.

Zachary Kerr

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

It does not appear to be current...the sixth screenshot on their website shows an old terminal or terminals with two jetway piers, just west of Concourse A where remote parking apron 2 is now. 

I compared that with both a current Jepp parking diagram and a two-year-old Google Earth shot with a bare remote parking ramp there without any leftover remnants of the old terminal(s) as of May 2017, and an older Google Earth archive shot shows the terminal(s) already demolished and the remote parking 2 ramp under construction in June 2016.  So the scenery is something over 3 years out of date at release.  Ugh.

Regards

That's surprising to me, as I'm positive I read somewhere in one of their preview threads that they were planning on making CVG 'through the ages' with a configuration option to choose the state of the airport. Perhaps it ended up being too much work in the end?

At any rate, I'm saddened by all the troubles surrounding this release as I was looking forward to it. Now that people seem to be slowly getting their sceneries setup though, could some people kindly post some screenshots? The marketing material on the website is not particularly revealing, I find. Some wider shots or overview shots would be much appreciated!

On a sidenote: I've been trying to research what sort of DHL aircraft visit CVG and what company operates them. So far I've found Atlas Air, Kalitta, Polar Air Cargo as well as some Aerologic from Frankfurt. Is that about right? Should be a mix of 757, 767, 747 and 777?

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case