Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

That's surprising to me, as I'm positive I read somewhere in one of their preview threads that they were planning on making CVG 'through the ages' with a configuration option to choose the state of the airport. Perhaps it ended up being too much work in the end?

At any rate, I'm saddened by all the troubles surrounding this release as I was looking forward to it. Now that people seem to be slowly getting their sceneries setup though, could some people kindly post some screenshots? The marketing material on the website is not particularly revealing, I find. Some wider shots or overview shots would be much appreciated!

On a sidenote: I've been trying to research what sort of DHL aircraft visit CVG and what company operates them. So far I've found Atlas Air, Kalitta, Polar Air Cargo as well as some Aerologic from Frankfurt. Is that about right? Should be a mix of 757, 767, 747 and 777?

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KCVG/arrivals

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KCVG/departures

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Look like I should continue working on my ADE version of CVG then.  I get bogged down when there are so many changes required to the default just to get the taxi system and aprons laid out to resemble reality.  Keep on swimming.....

Please do so ! I am an eager user of those kind of files and I have built a few ADE myself.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

That's surprising to me, as I'm positive I read somewhere in one of their preview threads that they were planning on making CVG 'through the ages' with a configuration option to choose the state of the airport.

Can anyone who has the scenery confirm there is no such option please? I was anticipating this one but seeing it seems to be over 3 years out of date, that's a massive oof.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Look like I should continue working on my ADE version of CVG then.  I get bogged down when there are so many changes required to the default just to get the taxi system and aprons laid out to resemble reality.  Keep on swimming.....

They just sent me a much larger file (approx 3.2G).  I'll have to play with it later however as I need to take one of our furry ones to the vet.  I got this file after I told them there were quite a few of us that were having problems with the ADE and jetway issues.  Will update everyone when I get back.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

5 hours ago, w6kd said:

It does not appear to be current...the sixth screenshot on their website shows an old terminal or terminals with two jetway piers, just west of Concourse A where remote parking apron 2 is now. 

I compared that with both a current Jepp parking diagram and a two-year-old Google Earth shot with a bare remote parking ramp there without any leftover remnants of the old terminal(s) as of May 2017, and an older Google Earth archive shot shows the terminal(s) already demolished and the remote parking 2 ramp under construction in June 2016.  So the scenery is something over 3 years out of date at release.  Ugh.

Regards

Thanks, i will not be buying it now. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

They just sent me a much larger file (approx 3.2G).  I'll have to play with it later however as I need to take one of our furry ones to the vet.  I got this file after I told them there were quite a few of us that were having problems with the ADE and jetway issues.  Will update everyone when I get back.

that is interesting.  The file they sent me was 1.1gb and it included the uncompressed folders for the scenery, terrain and effects.  They sent me the SODE files separately but it wasn't very large in sizel. 

The scenery looks good (not great).  I didn't compare it to current pics of the airport to determine if it models the airport in its current state, but from a quality stand point, I can tell ya its similar to a tropicalsim type addon.  Not the best....not the worst.  Definitely better than the default airport.   And I am happy to have it installed.

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

Just now, zkerr8 said:

that is interesting.  The file they sent me was 1.1gb and it included the uncompressed folders for the scenery, terrain and effects.  They sent me the SODE files separately but it wasn't very large in sizel. 

The scenery looks good (not great).  I didn't compare it to current pics of the airport to determine if it models the airport in its current state, but from a quality stand point, I can tell ya its similar to a tropicalsim type addon.  Not the best....not the worst.  Definitely better than the default airport.   And I am happy to have it installed.

I have some added information in regards to CVG that I will be providing them for a later update.  I might be getting a beta version of an update. Might be why it's larger.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

1 minute ago, thibodba57 said:

I have some added information in regards to CVG that I will be providing them for a later update.  I might be getting a beta version of an update. Might be why it's larger.

I just hope future releases of the airport aren't plagued with the same download issues as this one. I'd hate to go thru this rig-amoral again each time the scenery is updated.

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

For those members who don't venture on Facebook. I asked about the old terminals and here is the response. 

"About the terminal, its because is a conversion from our X-Plane product which is gonna receive major update regarding the new changes! That means that KCVG for P3D/FSX will be updated also!"

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

18 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

For those members who don't venture on Facebook. I asked about the old terminals and here is the response. 

"About the terminal, its because is a conversion from our X-Plane product which is gonna receive major update regarding the new changes! That means that KCVG for P3D/FSX will be updated also!"

Thanks! I figured... I had a look and saw that the XP version also featured the old terminals, so it makes sense that XP gets updated, and then P3D. Thanks for asking, Dan!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Why release the p3d version at all then? Doenst makes sense. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

I got it too..looks like it's larger because it has all the packages (fsx, p3dv3, v4, manuals, etc)

57 minutes ago, pads103 said:

I got it too..looks like it's larger because it has all the packages (fsx, p3dv3, v4, manuals, etc)

Yes, still don't have accurate parking I don't think unless they completely left out the DHL ramp.  They gave us the SODE files, but for the life of me I don't know where to actually put them.  So still messaging them and hopefully here about something that might be amiss and a fix available.  

beta.gif   

My Liveries