Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

Currently waiting to hear back from them as they contact the developer.  Trying to make sense of their provided documentation they say clearly describes where to put their provided SODE files.  Its the first time I've ever had to put anything in the SODE install directory.  And it didn't work.  But right now on FB Messenger they can't even confirm that ADE file provided is accurate, as there isn't even a single DHL parking location.  So until even that is settled I pulled the whole scenery off the computer.  By far the most painful scenery I've installed on my sim to date.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

22 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Currently waiting to hear back from them as they contact the developer.  Trying to make sense of their provided documentation they say clearly describes where to put their provided SODE files.  Its the first time I've ever had to put anything in the SODE install directory.  And it didn't work.  But right now on FB Messenger they can't even confirm that ADE file provided is accurate, as there isn't even a single DHL parking location.  So until even that is settled I pulled the whole scenery off the computer.  By far the most painful scenery I've installed on my sim to date.

Too bad, please help them if they listen to you to use your experience to make the scenery nice. I have been hoping for a good CVG since the fs9 Imaginesim didn't load for me in fsx.

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a bunch of unhappy people on Facebook. I'll wait for the updated version with the correct terminal/ramp layout and working installer. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

Yes, still don't have accurate parking I don't think unless they completely left out the DHL ramp.  They gave us the SODE files, but for the life of me I don't know where to actually put them.  So still messaging them and hopefully here about something that might be amiss and a fix available.  

Overall, it's not bad.  The airport grounds are beautifully done.  The parking situation still needs a lot of work - many of the jetways don't work because the aircraft are situated too far from the gates - hopefully they'll fix this with an update.  The sode files go into the main Sode directory.  They have included files in subfolders already so you can just copy the subfolders into the main Sode directory, which should be:  C:Program Data\12bPilot\Sode\   For the gates that are properly situated, the jetways work well.  I did note that one of the clutter files was causing a lot of stutters for me (Clutters-GENERAL.bgl).  I changed the extension to "off" and it is now a lot smoother.  Didn't lose much in the way of clutter - a few vehicles.

2 minutes ago, pads103 said:

Overall, it's not bad.  The airport grounds are beautifully done.  The parking situation still needs a lot of work - many of the jetways don't work because the aircraft are situated too far from the gates - hopefully they'll fix this with an update.  The sode files go into the main Sode directory.  They have included files in subfolders already so you can just copy the subfolders into the main Sode directory, which should be:  C:Program Data\12bPilot\Sode\   For the gates that are properly situated, the jetways work well.  I did note that one of the clutter files was causing a lot of stutters for me (Clutters-GENERAL.bgl).  I changed the extension to "off" and it is now a lot smoother.  Didn't lose much in the way of clutter - a few vehicles.

I agree with the descript of the scenery.  It is well done.  As to the Jetway, I did install it in that location.  I was still having Jetways that were missing half a jetway though.  So something is off, as I said I'm waiting to hear back from them.  Can you confirm there only Cargo parking you see is North Parking 1-4? Nothing on the SE side of the airport?

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Why release the p3d version at all then? Doenst makes sense. 

They wanted some mon-nay in the meantime.

You are right though, they could have simply built the current airport, and released it for each sim.

• Upvote 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

23 minutes ago, pads103 said:

Here's an example of what I'm seeing.

48409347232_ad94cfd1b7_h.jpg

48409347267_0b877eaf4c_b.jpg

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hmmm...the first picture looks like GSX jetways.  It looks like you have a GSX ini file active from a previous scenery (default?).  You will need to delete that unless you would rather have GSX jetways.  Right now it looks like you have a conflict.  Also, I haven't seen any cargo planes at the south end.

If you bring up GSX while at the airport and select the Jetway tab, you can deselect having GSX jetways

Edited by pads103

Brian @thibodba57, I agree with @pads103. The rampant jetways you see are most certainly GSX's jetways. I think what probably happened is that you have a duplicate AFCAD in your setup. The result is that GSX populates it with jetways befitting that AFCAD, but does not put jetways in the spots that the scenery defines for the jetways, because its AFCAD wans't loaded.

So here's what to do first of all: You ought to check if you have a duplicate AFCAD somewhere that messes with Skyline's KCVG AFCAD. If you have Little NavMap, I suggest using that to look for duplicates. It's a poweful, free flight planner and moving map. It scans your scenery library (both scenery.cfg as well as addon.xml). You can then search and select an airport, and it will list all the files impacting that airport - so you will easily find any duplicate AFCAD.

Do that firs,t then report back. It's possible the issue is not with Skyline's KCVG...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Too bad so many had to pay to beta test a product...yet again!!  I mean you can't even get a legitimate, working download file from these guys after purchasing???  I hope the issues get sorted but I don't understand some of these "companies" releasing products in this condition.  Also, if silly Facebook the only way to get a reasonable chance of a response/support from the developer then that company gets no business from me. I expect many more sub-par products being rushed out ahead of the new MSFS.....

Edited by Flic1
  • Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

@pads103 @Benjamin J

I agree, those are GSX jetways, and I forgot to reload the GSX Airport Cache.  Thats all done, but still no Jetways where they should be.  I opened up the AFCAD file to look at the parking situation, and there is no Cargo spots depicted for the SE ramp.  so anyone planning on doing DHL outbound flights will have to slew their aircraft into parking.  Just a heads up.  That is quite unacceptable as it is actually.  They have the textures laid out for the parking, they just didn't bother adding them into the AFCAD.

Edited by thibodba57

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Just a thought...make sure you don't have any GSX excludes for airport active.

44 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

@pads103 @Benjamin J

I agree, those are GSX jetways, and I forgot to reload the GSX Airport Cache.  Thats all done, but still no Jetways where they should be.  I opened up the AFCAD file to look at the parking situation, and there is no Cargo spots depicted for the SE ramp.  so anyone planning on doing DHL outbound flights will have to slew their aircraft into parking.  Just a heads up.  That is quite unacceptable as it is actually.  They have the textures laid out for the parking, they just didn't bother adding them into the AFCAD.

So, just to be clear, the jetways that were in the wrong spots are now gone, but you are still missing the jetways in the right spot, correct?

Have you checked for duplicate AFCADs? Meaning, whether any AFCAD is being loaded in addition to Skyline's KCVG AFCAD. GSX's default jetways won't just load in those incorrect spots out of nowhere. They typically do so depending on the AFCAD, so if a duplicate, erroneous AFCAD is being loaded, those erroneous 'extra' GSX jetways might appear.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Does anyone have this airport working properly?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom