Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

Day 3. Will I receive a reply to my email to each of their email addresses to receive a working download link? the info and the accounting email they advertise?

Edited by Boeing or not going

12 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

@pads103 @Benjamin J

I agree, those are GSX jetways, and I forgot to reload the GSX Airport Cache.  Thats all done, but still no Jetways where they should be.  I opened up the AFCAD file to look at the parking situation, and there is no Cargo spots depicted for the SE ramp.  so anyone planning on doing DHL outbound flights will have to slew their aircraft into parking.  Just a heads up.  That is quite unacceptable as it is actually.  They have the textures laid out for the parking, they just didn't bother adding them into the AFCAD.

I thought that might have been my system or a bad install. I hope they will add them soon, bought this mostly to fly DHL + Kalitta flights in and out of.

sig1.png
sig2.png

3 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Day 3. Will I receive a reply to my email to each of their email addresses to receive a working download link? the info and the accounting email they advertise?

Same here and I'm livid! Three emails to all addresses, no response. And, there is no recourse. I just want my money back at this point but I do not ever expect to see it again.

I see an increasing amount of shadiness in the developer community for example, the Matt Davies saga and the deceptive wording Orbyx STILL uses on its website. 

• Upvote 1

I've decided not to purchase this considering the ongoing issues. But they do have a lovely looking website. Then there's this quote from their site: Find Out Why Skyline Has Been The #1 Selling simulations expansion packs For Over 5 Years! I've been simming for more than 25 years and I've never even heard of them until yesterday.

18 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

I've decided not to purchase this considering the ongoing issues. But they do have a lovely looking website. Then there's this quote from their site: Find Out Why Skyline Has Been The #1 Selling simulations expansion packs For Over 5 Years! I've been simming for more than 25 years and I've never even heard of them until yesterday.

That's because most of their work is for XP, probably. They actually have released some five airports for that platform, so I have no idea why KCVG for P3D is such a troubled release. it's not even their first P3D release, either. Just seems like bad luck on their part.

I will not be purchasing until these issues are reported fixed, but I'll certainly not disqualify them as yet either. I'm hopeful the issues will be resolved.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 minute ago, Benjamin J said:

Just seems like bad luck on their part.

How is failing to communicate with their customers bad luck?  How is forcing folks to try reaching them through Facebook bad luck?  I block Facebook from my devices, so I won't be buying this product... even if Skyline's "luck" improves. :biggrin:

Regards,

Greg

Gets better. I just tried to download it again and it is not available to me anymore and still no commo from the devs. 

Evidently if you have FB they are happy to help but everyone else is screwed. 

Nice apology from them on FB and all good comments following. Feels like they are probably taking negative comments down.

Avsim needs to pin a buyer beware with this shady development group.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

It seems really trivial to get a checksum on a file to make sure it's not corrupted. And after this many days too... It makes you wonder.

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Avsim needs to pin a buyer beware with this shady development group.

I could not agree more!  Even when I have had issues with other developers, there has always been communication.  I have sent 4 emails over the last 3 days and not one reply.  I have demanded a refund and will go out of my way to tell others to avoid this developer at all cost.  Problems will happen... but no communication is simply wrong, and they should be penalized by our community for not meeting those minimal standards!  I'm looking for refund remedies currently, and will be quite vocal about my experience with Skyline in the future!

• Upvote 1

Seems like there are people out there, with some graphics and programming skills but no business sense, looking to make a quick buck. 

Skyline posted some snazzy pictures of an airport we are eager for and then sold us a "fixer upper" with no plan for service, communication or follow up.

Ill keep an eye on this thread for another day and see if anything develops.  The download link on the webpage now goes nowhere, and no new email correspondence.  If they don't get it fixed, I will issue a dispute with Paypal to get my money back, we should have plenty of evidence to get a forced refund.  Either way this will be the last product I buy from them and hopefully we can get this developer black listed in the community.

Alan

I thought I'd post Skyline's statement of Facebook, for those that didn't see it (which is probably most of you):

We would like to issue a statement concerning our server overload problem after the release of KCVG for P3D/FSX:

We are truly sorry that our website did not function as expected. We understand your disappointment, and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Before we release any product, it undergoes several stages of checks. It is our intention to provide only the highest quality products to our customers, and we regret that this host problem slipped past our quality measures.

We understand that preparing to fly to one of favourite destinations and in the last minute you get download problems is a time-sensitive matter, so we decided, we will be granting you a coupon for 15% off from our other product for P3D/FSX "Alvaro Leonardi" (ICAO: LIAA) in hopes of compensating for the inconvenience!

You can use the coupon " Liaap3d " through our store.

And i addition, we are in the process of changing our hosts and servers.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention—please don’t hesitate to contact us with any further concerns.

We are always here for you and we will continue tirelessly to make you happy!

The Skyline Team.

So for those who suddenly can't download the scenery, I believe it's simply because they are switching hosts.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

42 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I thought I'd post Skyline's statement of Facebook, for those that didn't see it (which is probably most of you):

So for those who suddenly can't download the scenery, I believe it's simply because they are switching hosts.

I saw it. Not my problem. They shouldn't have released a product they were not going to be able to support. It's simply bush league to do what Skyline did. As long as the consumer is willing to accept excuses, the worse providers will be about ensuring their product is ready for market and to support that product. 

You would think they would have switched prior to release and notified consumers they may experience issues on the website. Instead, they provide an excuse on FB ONLY AFTER there were issues. Personally, I think it is a BS excuse.

This does even address the shoddy parking, gate, jetway, afcad issues it has been released with.

Face it dude, they screwed up and are clearly not a very good company. I think you should stop defending this developer. They have separated a lot of people from their hard earned money, provided no product, left us hanging and still have not communicated with those of us not on FB. 

Also, they sure didn't have any issues taking our money.

Edited by sivart2000
Addendum

1 minute ago, sivart2000 said:

I saw it. Not my problem. They shouldn't have released a product they were not going to be able to support. It's simply bush league to do what Skyline did. As long as the consumer is willing to accept excuses, the worse providers will be about ensuring their product is ready for market and to support that product. 

You would think they would have switched prior to release and notified consumers they may experience issues on the website. Instead, they provide an excuse on FB ONLY AFTER there were issues. Personally, I think it is a BS excuse.

This does even address the shoddy parking, gate, jetway, afcad issues it has been released with.

Face it dude, they screwed up and are clearly not a very good company. I think you should stop defending this developer. They have separated a lot of people from their hard earned money, provided no product, left us hanging and still have not communicated with those of us not on FB.

Jeez, I'm just the messenger... Many people here appear not to have Facebook so I thought I'd post their message here for those that aren't able to see it... Not trying to defend anybody.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt