Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

9 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Jeez, I'm just the messenger... Many people here appear not to have Facebook so I thought I'd post their message here for those that aren't able to see it... Not trying to defend anybody.

My apologies,  I'm was frustrated. I did recieve, finally but with no message or apology, a link to the file in dropbox this morning and a link to another scenery which I assume is to make up for the issues. I'm not at my PC so can't verify it works yet. I hope it ends up being worth the hassle. 

48 minutes ago, sivart2000 said:

My apologies,  I'm was frustrated. I did recieve, finally but with no message or apology, a link to the file in dropbox this morning and a link to another scenery which I assume is to make up for the issues. I'm not at my PC so can't verify it works yet. I hope it ends up being worth the hassle. 

No worries, I understand. I asked on their FB page how come nobody received repsonses through email and, as you noticed, they answered that at this point they had. So I hope that the issues are starting to get resolved. Please keep us updated with how things go! I hope the AFCAD will get fixed ASAP, though I'm not surprised that, of all things this is what's lacking the most in the scenery. After all, I don't think XP has something like an AFCAD, does it? It's AI system works rather differently...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Did receive a reply earlier this morning and with download links. When I am home from work I will test the scenery out and give my thoughts! Probably can do a quick afcad edit for those who like to fly DHL and their contract carriers Atlas, Polar, Kalitta, Aerologic, ETC!

Edited by Boeing or not going

8 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

After all, I don't think XP has something like an AFCAD, does it? It's AI system works rather differently...

It is indeed quite different to set up an xplane airport for AI and unfortunately a lot of xplane developers don’t bother doing it properly...I can’t speak for this developer one way or another.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 hours ago, sivart2000 said:

Same here and I'm livid! Three emails to all addresses, no response. And, there is no recourse. I just want my money back at this point but I do not ever expect to see it again.

I see an increasing amount of shadiness in the developer community for example, the Matt Davies saga and the deceptive wording Orbyx STILL uses on its website. 

Check your email inbox I finally had a reply from both addresses I sent an email to with a dropbox link very early this morning.

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

No worries, I understand. I asked on their FB page how come nobody received repsonses through email and, as you noticed, they answered that at this point they had. So I hope that the issues are starting to get resolved. Please keep us updated with how things go! I hope the AFCAD will get fixed ASAP, though I'm not surprised that, of all things this is what's lacking the most in the scenery. After all, I don't think XP has something like an AFCAD, does it? It's AI system works rather differently...

XP has a world editor you can add and remove parking spaces and make changes just like you can in ADE for P3D

2 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Check your email inbox I finally had a reply from both addresses I sent an email to with a dropbox link very early this morning.

Got it and appreciate the heads up! I too need to get home from work to try it out. Hard to believe other developers haven't jumped on this airport being the largest cargo hub in NA. I'm a big fan of the cargo aircraft and routes.

8 minutes ago, sivart2000 said:

Got it and appreciate the heads up! I too need to get home from work to try it out. Hard to believe other developers haven't jumped on this airport being the largest cargo hub in NA. I'm a big fan of the cargo aircraft and routes.

Imaginesim should have kept updating their KCVG but who knows why they never did. Maybe the modeler left with the rights to the files and now works for this developer? A lot of behind the scenes stuff goes on in the flight sim community we never talk about or know about. I could never get Imaginesim CVG working right in fsx or p3d half the buildings were not there, and the Imaginesim support always said "well sorry but we cannot fix it!"

• Upvote 1

Home from work and the download link was valid. They did not split off the downloads so you must download a 3gb file. At least it works!

Notice something missing? Where are the DHL parking spots??

bpnAipb.jpg

I have to be careful last time I added cargo parking to a scenery only for person use even a certain Eastern European developer accused me of stealing his intellectual property and threatened to sue. Then banned me from his website forum. Because it is my fault scenery developers ignore gate and cargo parking and do not run Fault Finder to find basic bugs!

Ran out of time and have not aligned with the ground textures this is what I have so far

I am a casual amateur of afcad editing I hope the pros can make a better parking file than me... After work tomorrow I will attempt to finish the basic layout unless somebody is able to offer an update afcad!

hzAomto.jpg

Edited by Boeing or not going

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

I have to be careful last time I added cargo parking to a scenery only for person use even a certain Eastern European developer accused me of stealing his intellectual property and threatened to sue. Then banned me from his website forum. Because it is my fault scenery developers ignore gate and cargo parking and do not run Fault Finder to find basic bugs!

Ran out of time and have not aligned with the ground textures this is what I have so far

I am a casual amateur of afcad editing I hope the pros can make a better parking file than me... After work tomorrow I will attempt to finish the basic layout unless somebody is able to offer an update afcad!

hzAomto.jpg

Thanks.  I very much appreciate you doing it.  Is there any way you can adjust the parking at the gates?  Most of the jetways don't work because the parking spots are too far from the jetways

Edited by pads103

10 minutes ago, pads103 said:

Thanks.  I very much appreciate you doing it.  Is there any way you can adjust the parking at the gates?  Most of the jetways don't work because the parking spots are too far from the jetways

Yes sure I'll do that too, move the gate parking spots more forward. And connect the cargo spots I have to the taxi lines in the late afternoon tomorrow.

4 hours ago, volkerjacob said:

here is an AFCAD hotfix with DHL parking ...

Thanks Volker; if I purchase this I'll definitely take advantage of your work. Why not upload to AVSIM library to allow others in weeks to come find your work?

Still pondering if I want to hassle with this developer by spending a day and multiple attempts to get a valid download installer.

Dan Downs KCRP