Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Thanks Volker; if I purchase this I'll definitely take advantage of your work. Why not upload to AVSIM library to allow others in weeks to come find your work?

Still pondering if I want to hassle with this developer by spending a day and multiple attempts to get a valid download installer.

it's not my work - it's the official from Skyline Simulations ...

Sorry for bad English . . .

Best Regards - Volker

987151.png

1 hour ago, volkerjacob said:

it's not my work - it's the official from Skyline Simulations ...

Simple, they provide an incomplete or inaccurate product.  They don't own the AF file, but you can give them credit and release your modifications to public without worry.  We've been modifying AF files (AFCADS) for decades in this community.  Wrong parking assignments, misplaced DME, wrong ILS frequencies, you name it and the developers have done it.

Whatever, it's your call afterall.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

16 hours ago, pads103 said:

Too bad they didn't fix the parking at the gates

Let me move the gates more forward in their afcad when I am home from work again tonight and I will send you a link to try out.

15 hours ago, downscc said:

Simple, they provide an incomplete or inaccurate product.  They don't own the AF file, but you can give them credit and release your modifications to public without worry.  We've been modifying AF files (AFCADS) for decades in this community.  Wrong parking assignments, misplaced DME, wrong ILS frequencies, you name it and the developers have done it.

Whatever, it's your call afterall.

More than one developer has claimed the afcad file is their intellectual property and one threatened to sue me for stealing their IP because I opened the file up in ADE and added some cargo parking spots they ignored and fixed a few bugs they did not fix LOL! I may still be banned from his forum at least I got a refund on one of his products.

59 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Let me move the gates more forward in their afcad when I am home from work again tonight and I will send you a link to try out.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

More than one developer has claimed the afcad file is their intellectual property and one threatened to sue me for stealing their IP because I opened the file up in ADE and added some cargo parking spots they ignored and fixed a few bugs they did not fix LOL! I may still be banned from his forum at least I got a refund on one of his products.

Let me know if you need the proper Parking designations for the DHL Ramp. I'll provide you them for you.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

4 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Sounds like DD... he is downright paranoid and even locks the SODE files to prevent users from fixing his many errors.  My response is "hey, go ahead. Sue me!"

He got all worked up when I told him I modified his AF file for KTEB, I ignored him but took note.

Edited by downscc
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

Sounds like DD... he is downright paranoid and even locks the SODE files to prevent users from fixing his many errors.  My response is "hey, go ahead. Sue me!"

He got all worked up when I told him I modified his AF file for KTEB, I ignored him but took note.

I suppose I can empathize. I believe another developer had taken some files from DD Krakow and used it for their own scenery,  released it as payware. I think that's what happened - don't quote me. It's been a while.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I FINALLY got the new download links to this scenery and downloaded it plus the DHL parking hotfix. I dropped the scenery into the main P3d folder because for some reason the scenery needs to be in the ecosystem folder. I tried putting just the KCVG folder on my scenery drives with my others and I got a CTD after a frozen splash screen.

It's working finally.This thing has been a  nightmare! I've been messing around with a PAYWARE scenery for a week now and it doesn't look much better than an old FS9 scenery. Definitly not worth the money or the hassle.

Edited by sivart2000
Fixed all issues, deleted from post.

35 minutes ago, sivart2000 said:

.What is the solution to missing jetways, anyone?

Go to the main Skyline CVG folder, right click, select delete. 

Eric 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

Go to the main Skyline CVG folder, right click, select delete. 

Right?!?! I did figure it out thanks to earlier posts. For $28 you would think an installer maybe? I've paid less money for a much better product. This was kind of a joke. Better than flying into default but not by much.

9 hours ago, sivart2000 said:

I FINALLY got the new download links to this scenery and downloaded it plus the DHL parking hotfix. I dropped the scenery into the main P3d folder because for some reason the scenery needs to be in the ecosystem folder. I tried putting just the KCVG folder on my scenery drives with my others and I got a CTD after a frozen splash screen.

It's working finally.This thing has been a  nightmare! I've been messing around with a PAYWARE scenery for a week now and it doesn't look much better than an old FS9 scenery. Definitly not worth the money or the hassle.

If you added to the scenery library then moved the location of your scenery it might freeze the sim on startup. I moved to a custom directory and added an add-on xml to that new location and it worked. The first time you start p3d after making an add-on xml there might be a hidden "do you want to add X to the scenery library?" message behind the splash screen. Just ALT + TAB to see if any windows are hidden

Edited by Boeing or not going

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:10 PM, Boeing or not going said:

Yes sure I'll do that too, move the gate parking spots more forward. And connect the cargo spots I have to the taxi lines in the late afternoon tomorrow.

Looks like there's more going on with the jetways than just the position of the parking spots