Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

If developers could finally stop putting sceneries into the main P3D folder, that'd be great. I mean, most of the time you can just select a different install directory and it works fine, but some are really stubborn.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Ran out of time again. The light blue should be heavy DHL contractor parking like Kalitta, Aerologic, Polar heavies. The rest should be smaller airplanes like 737/757/767 I think?

Moved up the gates and will test in the morning. If it is okay I will post a download link here

DrbyXQ6.jpg

The Skyline Simulation website is down.  They posted the following message on Facebook:

As of recent events and due to the "bumpy" release of KCVG for P3D/FSX, we are moving to a new host and server. Moving our things shall take some time and that is why you noticed that our website is under maintenance. We had some negative reviews, believe us we read them all one by one and our target is to never let this happen again. It was indeed something unexpected, we never imagined something like this would happen, especially when we released our very second scenery for P3D and FSX. Please, be a little more patient and everything is going to be working just fine. To the ones that wished us well, we thank you once more! To the ones that had negative impact over this, we are sorry and rest assured, we believe we now took more safety measures, so you experience in our website and products will be smooth from now on!

The Skyline Team.

Hopefully they've learned from this experience.

Paul K

KGYR

Paul K   KGYR

Sooo, the incomplete afcad was because of server issues?😂🤣 I know not, my point is they may have had some things happen that were "out of their control" but a lot of issues were well within their control or at least would have been with a little foresight or contingency planning.  I take that as an indication of the developer's overall competence or incompetence. 

Also, just not a very good scenery for the price. Better price point would have been about $15 in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, sivart2000 said:

Sooo, the incomplete afcad was because of server issues?😂🤣 I know not, my point is they may have had some things happen that were "out of their control" but a lot of issues were well within their control or at least would have been with a little foresight or contingency planning.  I take that as an indication of the developer's overall competence or incompetence. 

Also, just not a very good scenery for the price. Better price point would have been about $15 in my opinion. 

The server issues have happened to most developers. But you are right they should have checked the sode jetways and had dhl parking from the start. The scenery looks nice and performs nice too but they could use a couple more beta testers. I hope they update the scenery to the current layout after getting through server problems.

Edited by Boeing or not going

Their website is back up so I am presuming they are on their new host provider. Anyone purchase yet since the site is back up and did you get the full installer?

Eric 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, Boeing or not going said:

Ran out of time again. The light blue should be heavy DHL contractor parking like Kalitta, Aerologic, Polar heavies. The rest should be smaller airplanes like 737/757/767 I think?

Moved up the gates and will test in the morning. If it is okay I will post a download link here

DrbyXQ6.jpg

Did you have any luck with adjusting the parking at the gates?.  The B gates are really bad - too far from the jetways.  At term A, all the Allegiant Airbusses get crammed together, wings on top of each other.  

Their site is back up, anyone purchase yet? If so, is the installer okay now?

Eric 

7 hours ago, pads103 said:

Did you have any luck with adjusting the parking at the gates?.  The B gates are really bad - too far from the jetways.  At term A, all the Allegiant Airbusses get crammed together, wings on top of each other.  

They put all the gates so close to each other I do not think the layout is right. A couple gates missing also. My night performance is terrible. Try this afcad for jetways I also coded many gates for a more realistic layout but did not have time to test https://www.dropbox.com/s/3t3vuucz5c7krcn/KCVG_AIP.bgl?dl=0

9 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

They put all the gates so close to each other I do not think the layout is right. A couple gates missing also. My night performance is terrible. Try this afcad for jetways I also coded many gates for a more realistic layout but did not have time to test https://www.dropbox.com/s/3t3vuucz5c7krcn/KCVG_AIP.bgl?dl=0

Ok, I'll try it out, thanks.  The night performance is due to the poor dynamic lighting effects used.  I've ordered new lighting from inibuilds, which has much better performing DL effects.  Keep an eye out on their website for it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pads103 said:

Ok, I'll try it out, thanks.  The night performance is due to the poor dynamic lighting effects used.  I've ordered new lighting from inibuilds, which has much better performing DL effects.  Keep an eye out on their website for it.

I will go through the gates and make sure the numbers are right, I think they packed too many north gates than there are in real life. I coded Allegiant to the gates they use same for others like Southwest and many regionals. There was no north parking spots for FedEx in the file so I created them but I didn't check if the scenery actually includes the north ramp yet.

31 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

I will go through the gates and make sure the numbers are right, I think they packed too many north gates than there are in real life. I coded Allegiant to the gates they use same for others like Southwest and many regionals. There was no north parking spots for FedEx in the file so I created them but I didn't check if the scenery actually includes the north ramp yet.

It looks so much better!  Thanks for taking the time to do it.  A few more of the jetways work now at term B.  I don't think there's much more you can do with the others because they are so misaligned to the parking spots.  The commuter terminal looks 100 percent better with the allegiant planes moved.  Still getting frontier A320s there.  Can those be move out of there too?  Almost all the cargo planes are now showing up where they should be.  I appreciate your work here.  Fedex shows up nicely at the north ramp

Edited by pads103

2 minutes ago, pads103 said:

It looks so much better!  Thanks for taking the time to do it.  A few more of the jetways work now at term B.  I don't think there's much more you can do with the others because they are so misaligned to the parking spots.  The commuter terminal looks 100 percent better with the allegiant planes moved.  Still getting frontier A320s there.  Can those be move out of there too?  Almost all the cargo planes are now showing up where they should be.  I appreciate your work here.  Fedex shows up nicely at the north ramp

Going to bed and work in the morning. I'll continue to look at the terminals after I get home. I moved all the gates more forward so if they are not connecting still that is up to the developer to adjust the sode files.