Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pads103 said:

A few of us have been able to get Skyline to send us the file directly through FB messenger.  See the comments on their FB page.  The file size is 1.2g

Some of us don't use FB and never will. So Skyline needs to get this problem resolved on their website. 

Edited by BillS511
  • Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, pads103 said:

A few of us have been able to get Skyline to send us the file directly through FB messenger.  See the comments on their FB page.  The file size is 1.2g

And those without FB? 

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

So the scenery is something over 3 years out of date at release.  Ugh.

Look like I should continue working on my ADE version of CVG then.  I get bogged down when there are so many changes required to the default just to get the taxi system and aprons laid out to resemble reality.  Keep on swimming.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Some of us don't use FB and never will. So Skyline needs to get this problem resolved on their website. 

Email them here - accounting@skyline-simulations.com - be sure to include your sales info and they will send you a link for the correct file.  They got me sorted out pretty quickly.  Be sure to download the SODE file off facebook as well (otherwise you wont have jetways).  By the way - I dont use facebook either - so I had them email both the scenery files and the SODE files.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

It does not appear to be current...the sixth screenshot on their website shows an old terminal or terminals with two jetway piers, just west of Concourse A where remote parking apron 2 is now. 

I compared that with both a current Jepp parking diagram and a two-year-old Google Earth shot with a bare remote parking ramp there without any leftover remnants of the old terminal(s) as of May 2017, and an older Google Earth archive shot shows the terminal(s) already demolished and the remote parking 2 ramp under construction in June 2016.  So the scenery is something over 3 years out of date at release.  Ugh.

Regards

That's surprising to me, as I'm positive I read somewhere in one of their preview threads that they were planning on making CVG 'through the ages' with a configuration option to choose the state of the airport. Perhaps it ended up being too much work in the end?

At any rate, I'm saddened by all the troubles surrounding this release as I was looking forward to it. Now that people seem to be slowly getting their sceneries setup though, could some people kindly post some screenshots? The marketing material on the website is not particularly revealing, I find. Some wider shots or overview shots would be much appreciated!

On a sidenote: I've been trying to research what sort of DHL aircraft visit CVG and what company operates them. So far I've found Atlas Air, Kalitta, Polar Air Cargo as well as some Aerologic from Frankfurt. Is that about right? Should be a mix of 757, 767, 747 and 777?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

That's surprising to me, as I'm positive I read somewhere in one of their preview threads that they were planning on making CVG 'through the ages' with a configuration option to choose the state of the airport. Perhaps it ended up being too much work in the end?

At any rate, I'm saddened by all the troubles surrounding this release as I was looking forward to it. Now that people seem to be slowly getting their sceneries setup though, could some people kindly post some screenshots? The marketing material on the website is not particularly revealing, I find. Some wider shots or overview shots would be much appreciated!

On a sidenote: I've been trying to research what sort of DHL aircraft visit CVG and what company operates them. So far I've found Atlas Air, Kalitta, Polar Air Cargo as well as some Aerologic from Frankfurt. Is that about right? Should be a mix of 757, 767, 747 and 777?

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KCVG/arrivals

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KCVG/departures

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Look like I should continue working on my ADE version of CVG then.  I get bogged down when there are so many changes required to the default just to get the taxi system and aprons laid out to resemble reality.  Keep on swimming.....

Please do so ! I am an eager user of those kind of files and I have built a few ADE myself.

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

That's surprising to me, as I'm positive I read somewhere in one of their preview threads that they were planning on making CVG 'through the ages' with a configuration option to choose the state of the airport.

Can anyone who has the scenery confirm there is no such option please? I was anticipating this one but seeing it seems to be over 3 years out of date, that's a massive oof.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, downscc said:

They just sent me a much larger file (approx 3.2G).  I'll have to play with it later however as I need to take one of our furry ones to the vet.  I got this file after I told them there were quite a few of us that were having problems with the ADE and jetway issues.  Will update everyone when I get back.

5 hours ago, w6kd said:

It does not appear to be current...the sixth screenshot on their website shows an old terminal or terminals with two jetway piers, just west of Concourse A where remote parking apron 2 is now. 

I compared that with both a current Jepp parking diagram and a two-year-old Google Earth shot with a bare remote parking ramp there without any leftover remnants of the old terminal(s) as of May 2017, and an older Google Earth archive shot shows the terminal(s) already demolished and the remote parking 2 ramp under construction in June 2016.  So the scenery is something over 3 years out of date at release.  Ugh.

Regards

Thanks, i will not be buying it now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

They just sent me a much larger file (approx 3.2G).  I'll have to play with it later however as I need to take one of our furry ones to the vet.  I got this file after I told them there were quite a few of us that were having problems with the ADE and jetway issues.  Will update everyone when I get back.

that is interesting.  The file they sent me was 1.1gb and it included the uncompressed folders for the scenery, terrain and effects.  They sent me the SODE files separately but it wasn't very large in sizel. 

The scenery looks good (not great).  I didn't compare it to current pics of the airport to determine if it models the airport in its current state, but from a quality stand point, I can tell ya its similar to a tropicalsim type addon.  Not the best....not the worst.  Definitely better than the default airport.   And I am happy to have it installed.

Just now, zkerr8 said:

that is interesting.  The file they sent me was 1.1gb and it included the uncompressed folders for the scenery, terrain and effects.  They sent me the SODE files separately but it wasn't very large in sizel. 

The scenery looks good (not great).  I didn't compare it to current pics of the airport to determine if it models the airport in its current state, but from a quality stand point, I can tell ya its similar to a tropicalsim type addon.  Not the best....not the worst.  Definitely better than the default airport.   And I am happy to have it installed.

I have some added information in regards to CVG that I will be providing them for a later update.  I might be getting a beta version of an update. Might be why it's larger.

1 minute ago, thibodba57 said:

I have some added information in regards to CVG that I will be providing them for a later update.  I might be getting a beta version of an update. Might be why it's larger.

I just hope future releases of the airport aren't plagued with the same download issues as this one. I'd hate to go thru this rig-amoral again each time the scenery is updated.

For those members who don't venture on Facebook. I asked about the old terminals and here is the response. 

"About the terminal, its because is a conversion from our X-Plane product which is gonna receive major update regarding the new changes! That means that KCVG for P3D/FSX will be updated also!"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

For those members who don't venture on Facebook. I asked about the old terminals and here is the response. 

"About the terminal, its because is a conversion from our X-Plane product which is gonna receive major update regarding the new changes! That means that KCVG for P3D/FSX will be updated also!"

Thanks! I figured... I had a look and saw that the XP version also featured the old terminals, so it makes sense that XP gets updated, and then P3D. Thanks for asking, Dan!

Why release the p3d version at all then? Doenst makes sense. 

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

I got it too..looks like it's larger because it has all the packages (fsx, p3dv3, v4, manuals, etc)

57 minutes ago, pads103 said:

I got it too..looks like it's larger because it has all the packages (fsx, p3dv3, v4, manuals, etc)

Yes, still don't have accurate parking I don't think unless they completely left out the DHL ramp.  They gave us the SODE files, but for the life of me I don't know where to actually put them.  So still messaging them and hopefully here about something that might be amiss and a fix available.  

1 email to each email address advertised. I would like a download link!

Currently waiting to hear back from them as they contact the developer.  Trying to make sense of their provided documentation they say clearly describes where to put their provided SODE files.  Its the first time I've ever had to put anything in the SODE install directory.  And it didn't work.  But right now on FB Messenger they can't even confirm that ADE file provided is accurate, as there isn't even a single DHL parking location.  So until even that is settled I pulled the whole scenery off the computer.  By far the most painful scenery I've installed on my sim to date.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Currently waiting to hear back from them as they contact the developer.  Trying to make sense of their provided documentation they say clearly describes where to put their provided SODE files.  Its the first time I've ever had to put anything in the SODE install directory.  And it didn't work.  But right now on FB Messenger they can't even confirm that ADE file provided is accurate, as there isn't even a single DHL parking location.  So until even that is settled I pulled the whole scenery off the computer.  By far the most painful scenery I've installed on my sim to date.

Too bad, please help them if they listen to you to use your experience to make the scenery nice. I have been hoping for a good CVG since the fs9 Imaginesim didn't load for me in fsx.

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a bunch of unhappy people on Facebook. I'll wait for the updated version with the correct terminal/ramp layout and working installer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

Yes, still don't have accurate parking I don't think unless they completely left out the DHL ramp.  They gave us the SODE files, but for the life of me I don't know where to actually put them.  So still messaging them and hopefully here about something that might be amiss and a fix available.  

Overall, it's not bad.  The airport grounds are beautifully done.  The parking situation still needs a lot of work - many of the jetways don't work because the aircraft are situated too far from the gates - hopefully they'll fix this with an update.  The sode files go into the main Sode directory.  They have included files in subfolders already so you can just copy the subfolders into the main Sode directory, which should be:  C:Program Data\12bPilot\Sode\   For the gates that are properly situated, the jetways work well.  I did note that one of the clutter files was causing a lot of stutters for me (Clutters-GENERAL.bgl).  I changed the extension to "off" and it is now a lot smoother.  Didn't lose much in the way of clutter - a few vehicles.

2 minutes ago, pads103 said:

Overall, it's not bad.  The airport grounds are beautifully done.  The parking situation still needs a lot of work - many of the jetways don't work because the aircraft are situated too far from the gates - hopefully they'll fix this with an update.  The sode files go into the main Sode directory.  They have included files in subfolders already so you can just copy the subfolders into the main Sode directory, which should be:  C:Program Data\12bPilot\Sode\   For the gates that are properly situated, the jetways work well.  I did note that one of the clutter files was causing a lot of stutters for me (Clutters-GENERAL.bgl).  I changed the extension to "off" and it is now a lot smoother.  Didn't lose much in the way of clutter - a few vehicles.

I agree with the descript of the scenery.  It is well done.  As to the Jetway, I did install it in that location.  I was still having Jetways that were missing half a jetway though.  So something is off, as I said I'm waiting to hear back from them.  Can you confirm there only Cargo parking you see is North Parking 1-4? Nothing on the SE side of the airport?