Sign in to follow this  
Guest thscholz

FSX - Controller assignments

Guest thscholz

Maybe this is something that could be implemented easily;-) :I think it would be great if we could have the following:- One global assignment of events/actions to buttons/axes on the joysticks/yokes/pedals- The possibility to create different sets of assignments for specific aircraftAs far as I know the registered version of FSUIPC can do that.I want to add that I'm fairly impressed by what we've seen on the screenshots until now.For those who have not seen it, there's a nice video about the history of Flight Simulator here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=rootI've been simming since the first version on the Apple II as seen on that video.CheersThomas

Guest thscholz

Not a single comment?Well, maybe a bad idea.CheersThomas

Guest davidvoogd

Sounds like a good idea to me too - another one, how about being able to assign specific controllers for specific planes (example using my joystick for the cub but my yoke for the 172, as it stands now they really like to interfere with each other if both are enabled...)

but how many people would use it?It's hard enough to remember 20 buttons as it is, I wouldn't want to have to remember 20 buttons times 100 aircraft is 2000 buttons ;)

Guest thscholz

>but how many people would use it?>It's hard enough to remember 20 buttons as it is, I wouldn't>want to have to remember 20 buttons times 100 aircraft is 2000>buttons ;)Well, the way I thought it could be made nobody would be forced to use that option.The idea was to have one global assignment. All aircraft use that assignment unless you define a specific one.When you define a different set for let's say a jet, all assignments are taken from the global one and only those you define for that aircraft are saved in a separate file in the aircraft folder. All other keys and axes will be those from the global file.Excuse my bad english, but even my mother language isn't much better.;-) CheersThomas