Sign in to follow this  
dissy

rxpGtnSim32.dll problems

The file C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll is causing me major problems. I have downloaded the latest GTN update and when I try to install it I get the error in the attachment.

The file rxpGtnSim32.dll does not appear in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\bin folder when I abort the install and check the directory after the software rolls back. I have tried a clean install after uninstalling the previous version. Same result.

If I ignore the error and continue rxpGtnSim64.dll is loaded. But the software does not run under X-Plane. I only get blank screens. I then have to use task Manager to close X-Plane.

The file is not being rejecting by either Bitdefender or Malwarebytes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZJYP0SBU50bx98MWDCznDXUyL-4-iWj/view?usp=sharing.

rxpGtnSim32.dll.log is as follows

19/07/29 04:28:42.693 02068 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.19.1
19/07/29 04:28:42.692 02068 INFO ] 
19/07/29 04:29:16.647 02068 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6620
19/07/29 04:29:16.692 02068 WARN ] A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active., code: 000036b8
19/07/29 04:29:16.694 02068 WARN ] rxpGtnSim32.dll  v0.0.0.0 (32bits), v2.5.19.1 (64bits)
19/07/29 04:29:16.695 02068 WARN ] GTN 750.1 process is running as-admin
19/07/29 04:29:16.769 02068 ERROR] GTN 750.1 process not ready: The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e
19/07/29 04:29:16.771 02068 ERROR]  check if file is missing or your antivirus: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

I am running XP11.35r1 under windows 10 Pro with all updates.

There were no issues with the GNS install.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Ian

If you can walk away it's a good landing

Hi,

Clearly the error is self-explanatory: the installer is prevented to copying the file to its destination, which is "C:\ProgramData\RealityXP"

Evidently, if the file gets missing, it won't work either.

You might want to find out why your system is preventing the file from being copied in the first place. Given the rxpGtnSim64.dll is fine but not the '32', I'd suspect a '32 bits' antivirus of some sort preventing this.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just tried again with all Antivirus and Malware software disabled. Same result. All of my Antivirus and Malware software is 64 bit. I have downloaded and installed previous versions of the GTN software with no issues with my current Antivirus and Malware software setup. 

Another issue I am having is that the settings window is opening behind the X-plane screen for both the GTN and the GNS. I hoped that deleting the GTN plugin might have solved this but alas no.

Edited by dissy
Additional information.

Hi,

As for the settings window opening behind this is not normal, but at the same time, the code for this hasn't changed for many versions. I'd suspect there is something wrong going on with your system somehow, or, the XP11 latest which is a beta version still (if this is what you're using) is not working right on your system, or, there has been a video card driver update causing troubles.

Or maybe you're running a 3rd party plugin intercepting all XPlane 'child' windows, or another 3rd party post-processing FX app?

As for the rxpGtnSim32.dll:

• Do you have the "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim64.dll" file on your drive?
  • Do you also have the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\bin\rxpGtnSim32.dll" ?
  • Can you manually copy the later into the folder alongside rxpGtnSim64.dll?
  • Is windows prompting you for 'credentials' when doing so?
  • Once done is the GTN working ok?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc,

Had no luck with the above as the file rxpGtnSim32.dll is nowhere on the computer. I have search all of the drives. Windows is not prompting for credentials. The installer is being allowed through my antivirus and malware software. I have spent hours on settings and ownership of the installer and I am listed as the owner/administrator. I am totally stumped. I think the only solution would be if you could send me a copy of the rxpGtnSim32.dll file.

Regards

On 7/31/2019 at 2:15 AM, dissy said:

I think the only solution would be if you could send me a copy of the rxpGtnSim32.dll file.

It won't change this from happening again in the future so you rather find a solution.

Do you have these files installed:

• "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim64.dll"?
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\bin\rxpGtnSim64.dll" ?

If you do, then the issue is not access rights related. Instead, whenever a '32' bits file is prevented from installing but not a '64' bits one, all points to '32 bits anti-virus'.

Hi Jean-Luc,

I found a a GTN folder from last year and ran the download and install from that. Surprise, Surprise. It downloaded and installed the GTN perfectly. Seems that there is some issue with the rxpGtnSim32.dll file in the latest installation. Looking back through the forum I see that this file has caused issues in the past.

Regards

Ian

@dissy it would have been best you'd answer my question first so that it could have helped find out exactly what is happening on your system. Now you've installed an older version and I'm not sure installing the latest over will help find out the root cause anymore.

5 hours ago, dissy said:

Seems that there is some issue with the rxpGtnSim32.dll file in the latest installation

Having said this, given an older version installed ok, the most-likely issue is with anti-virus only.

I spoke to soon. There is an issue with the latest rxpGtnSim32.dll file. The December 2018 version loads OK. The latest version puts me back to the original problem.

I'm sorry but the answer to both your questions both of your questions was yes. I don't really understand what you mean by a 32bit anti virus but the fact that it doesn't block the file from an earlier version would indicate that this is not the case and that there is a problem with your file.

17 minutes ago, dissy said:

the fact that it doesn't block the file from an earlier version would indicate that this is not the case and that there is a problem with your file.

I'm afraid you're mistaken: the fact it is blocking a newer version only means it has the newer file signature in its database.

Anti-virus programs are sometimes 'chocking' on our files because they are protected/encrypted and they can't see what's inside. Therefore, depending on their heuristics, they sometime decide to treat the files as infested only because some actual viruses use the same protection/encryption software, even if in our case, each of our file embeds a unique 'RXP signature' which all anti-virus are supposed to recognize and 'white list'.

Please read this:

Hi Jean-Luc,

Problem solved. I had turned off all of my anti-virus and malware programs. Windows 10 1903 has a few of its own little surprise. I checked the the latest Windows 10 features on the Microsoft site and It now has is own anti-virus program and when you turn of third party programs it activates. You also have to go into windows security and deactivate it as well as windows defender.

After talking to windows gurus it appears that windows 10's own security software is as good as any third party program on the market and cause less problems.

I was wrong and the latest rxpGtnSim32.dll file was not to blame and I have to eat humble pie again. Not the first time and it undoubtedly won't be the last.

Thanks for your patience.

Ian

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

thank you for the update on this. In the meantime we've had Kaspersky 'white list' our files too.