Sign in to follow this  

Concerned about FSX, DX10, and/or SM 3.0 and beyond?

there's always a large group saying they're not going to get the next version of FS until XXXXX has been released for it (usually a pet addon).Those same people are almost guaranteed to be among the first to announce they've preordered the new FS a few months later ;)

My understanding, is that Vista initially may or may not have DirectX10. But that doesn't necessarily matter, since I guess Vista will have a variant of DirectX9, which has some extensions made possible by Vista's new graphics driver model. Some other things about Vista, are the game explorer, and new windowing system. The game explorer, I don't really see as being a big deal for FSX, but maybe I will be surprised here. The new Aero/Avalon, or whatever the correct term is for the windowing system, again probably won't matter much, though perhaps in windowed mode or in a multi-screen environment maybe there is some benefit for FSX there.Unfortunately I guess the new file system isn't going to be there. Not sure how much effect this would have on FSX performance either.scott s..