Sign in to follow this  
lidorx7

how to make night lights turn on earlier

Hi i was looking over and i think i found something old 

DAY_THRESHOLD=42768
NIGHT_THRESHOLD=8096

it seems like its not working anymore no matter what number i put, the runway and ORBX lights turned on late dusk, when its almost really dark.

you guys have another trick to make them light earlier?

Thanks.

Here you go Captain.

[GRAPHICS]
DAY_THRESHOLD=55000
NIGHT_THRESHOLD=4096

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Its the only cfg tweak i use and it makes a world of difference .

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

thanks guys but i did tried lots of combinations with 

DAY_THRESHOLD=
NIGHT_THRESHOLD=

even tried the highest number which is 65535 and nothing changed,

i used the time view option and the light turned on at 19:06, no matter what value i put in there.

im just thinking about it now and i did made it while the sim is on. so maybe i will try DAY_THRESHOLD=55000 while sim is shut.

BTW what is the time related with DAY_THRESHOLD=55000?

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Benzhangar said:

Here you go Captain.

[GRAPHICS]
DAY_THRESHOLD=55000
NIGHT_THRESHOLD=4096

What do these number means? 4096 looks like a texture size to me,

You have to shut down the sim when you make a .cfg change.  This tweak does work well....can't recall what numbers I use at the moment but I think around 48000 for Day and 8000 for Night.

Day Threshold controls when the lights come on in the evening.  The higher the number, the earlier they come on (you will also lose your lens flare when they come on). 
Night Threshold controls when they turn off in the morning, The higher the number the longer they stay on. 

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

50 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Day Threshold controls when the lights come on in the evening.  The higher the number, the earlier they come on (you will also lose your lens flare when they come on). 
Night Threshold controls when they turn off in the morning, The higher the number the longer they stay on. 

Thanks for the explanation. It works like a champ with your numbers. I have been looking for this tweak as default turns on the lights way to late for my taste. Now my dusk and dawn flights are much more realistic and enjoyable.  Josh

[GRAPHICS]
DAY_THRESHOLD=48000
NIGHT_THRESHOLD=8000 

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

After all these years I see I am still learning something new of this sim.  Never knew about this tweak.  Looking forward to trying it out.

Clutch

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Unreal!!! I never knew about this, and never even thought to ask...seems like there is a tweak for everything...Thanks for asking this question, and thanks for the info/answers!!!

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Back in the FSX days, there used to be a freeware utility that did this as well as a few other things.  I'm sorry, but I don't recall what it was called.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Can someone explain the numbers so I set correctly, I would like the airport lights on in inclement weather? Great tweak btw!

35 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

Can someone explain the numbers so I set correctly, I would like the airport lights on in inclement weather? Great tweak btw!

You just have to mess with the numbers to change the time lights turn on/off.  Unfortunately you won't be able to get lights to turn on during the day unless IFR conditions are present.  Some addon airport developers are using SODE lighting which you can turn on during the day....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

You just have to mess with the numbers to change the time lights turn on/off.  Unfortunately you won't be able to get lights to turn on during the day unless IFR conditions are present.  Some addon airport developers are using SODE lighting which you can turn on during the day....

I actually got the ORBX and airport lights to turn on earlier now with DAY_THRESHOLD=55000 and it works good, but the runway lights are not coming up until late dusk when its almost really dark,

i checked with LIRN and LGAV, do you think SODE is the reason why with no IFR conditions? 

Edited by lidorx7

On 7/29/2019 at 7:44 AM, Clutch Cargo said:

After all these years I see I am still learning something new of this sim.  Never knew about this tweak.  Looking forward to trying it out.

Clutch

Ditto...

This is why I keep an eye on the forums: To look for new things to learn and experience!

This mod works like a charm and makes dusk flying even more immersive.

Cheers to y'all!