Sign in to follow this  
theophile

Weird issue

Hi,I have a weird issue.I checked the forum and no one else seemed to have experienced this.When the airplane is powered up and the avionics switch is on,all avionics light up

EXCEPT the pedestal NAV1,COM1,NAV2 and COM2 units.Their on/off switches are ON.Any advice here? I tried a startup situation with another airplane with the avionics ON,

but this does not change anything.I completely reinstalled the aircraft,but again nothing changes.Thanks for any advice.

44 minutes ago, theophile said:

Hi,I have a weird issue.I checked the forum and no one else seemed to have experienced this.When the airplane is powered up and the avionics switch is on,all avionics light up

EXCEPT the pedestal NAV1,COM1,NAV2 and COM2 units.Their on/off switches are ON.Any advice here? I tried a startup situation with another airplane with the avionics ON,

but this does not change anything.I completely reinstalled the aircraft,but again nothing changes.Thanks for any advice.

Assuming you are using P3D, for a quick test try this. Use the default F-35 as your default flight so it is loaded first when the sim is started. Then switch to the Falcon 50. A number of us have found this has solved some really strange startup problems. Apparently loading the F-35 initializes some variables that otherwise don't get set correctly. Also, try deleting, or hiding in a temp folder, all saved flights. Slaved flights have also been a problem at times. You can delete your default flight and let the sim load ITS choice of default flight -- the F-22 for P3D, the Trike for FSX. Then switch to the Falcon.

Easy to do so worth trying, I think.

Al

1 hour ago, theophile said:

Hey,thanks a million! That works!

Super!  🙂

For the most part, loading the P3D default aircraft (F22, or F35) using the default scenario, and then loading the Falcon seems to work...most of the time. Except when it doesn't.

I have found NO reliable method to start P3D and load the Falcon that works 100% of the time.

This whole issue of having to load default scenario/aircraft before loading the aircraft I want to fly is REALLY tedious, and doesn't always work.

I love the Falcon, and fly it a lot, but it's getting to the point that it's just not worth the frustration...are the panel lights going to work or aren't they. Which when they don't work, it's shutdown P3D and start from scratch.

I've had the same issues with the Lear, but as long as one loads default scenario first, the Lear can then be loaded and the panel lights seem to work more reliably than the Falcon's.

It's all such a shame, because there are very few options (none) for similar aircraft that are otherwise as good as the Lear and Falcon.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't have all that many hours to fly, and spending half my P3D time starting and restarting just to get a good load on an aircraft kills the enjoyment.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, somiller said:

For the most part, loading the P3D default aircraft (F22, or F35) using the default scenario, and then loading the Falcon seems to work...most of the time. Except when it doesn't.

I have found NO reliable method to start P3D and load the Falcon that works 100% of the time.

This whole issue of having to load default scenario/aircraft before loading the aircraft I want to fly is REALLY tedious, and doesn't always work.

I love the Falcon, and fly it a lot, but it's getting to the point that it's just not worth the frustration...are the panel lights going to work or aren't they. Which when they don't work, it's shutdown P3D and start from scratch.

I've had the same issues with the Lear, but as long as one loads default scenario first, the Lear can then be loaded and the panel lights seem to work more reliably than the Falcon's.

It's all such a shame, because there are very few options (none) for similar aircraft that are otherwise as good as the Lear and Falcon.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't have all that many hours to fly, and spending half my P3D time starting and restarting just to get a good load on an aircraft kills the enjoyment.

Kind Regards,

I just have the F-35 as the aircraft that first loads into the "spinning" change a/c window. I then switch to whatever other aircraft I want to fly such as the Falcon 50 and load it onto an airport. It only takes a few seconds to switch a/c like that. I don't actually load the F-35 to an airport. If you have any PMDG a/c you have likely seen the warning to load a default a/c before loading the PMDG a/c,  especially after flying some other non-default plane.  I think the situation with the Falcon is similar in that with complex aircraft problems can arise if variables do not get initialized as expected.

However, I can understand your frustration if problems persist.  It seems there is something about your setup that makes it vulnerable to some of these issues.  One possibility is there could be some timing issues when loading a really complex a/c like the Falcon. If you PM me an email address I'll send you a replacement Falcon50 cab file to try if you want to give that a shot. Other than that, and assuming you have tried deleting save flights, I'm pretty much out of ideas. Maybe some others on this forum will have suggestions.

Al

Hi!

I solved the problem with the Falcon50 in a slightly different way. I chose the default aircraft Commander 114 and chose the airport from which I want to start. After loading the flight, I take the Commander into a cold'n'dark state and save that flight as the default flight.

Now, when I just select Falcon in the P3D4.5 home screen and the required airport, Falcon always loads fully operational - all systems are functioning normally and all indicators are working.

But there is one unpleasant moment - if I open any menu item P3D, for example, graphics settings or loading the aircraft with fuel and passengers, the Falcon again ceases to light the control lamps (batteries, generators) and autopilot indicator lamps. I no longer use the P3D menu because the Falcon50 has its own fuel and passenger loader, but it's a pity that I can't change the graphics settings in P3D.

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020