Sign in to follow this  
Terblanche

GTN750 XP11 problem (Anti-Virus AGAIN)

... and here we go again!

Got a notification for an update. Downloaded the files.

• Try to install after it copied files to c:\RealityXP\
  • Select to install setup after folder was created - NOTHING HAPPENS
  • Tried to manually run the *.exe file (as admin) and it says - ACCESS DENIED
  • Tried to install again and now installer says - VALIDATION TIMES EXCEEDED (WTeF)
  • And in the background Kaspersky is going crazy with all the bells and whistles going of for virus, malware, trojan, blah blah fishpaste

Please, please - why can't it be just straight forward like 99.99% of all other software that we install ...? Why is there forever and a day some problem when you try to install or update anything with the F1 remapper/installer or whatever it is called?

Please help to fix this.

Regards.

• Like 1

Terblanche Jordaan

Hi

the problem you're having might be two-fold:

• the anti-virus is preventing you from running our installers normally because of over-zealous heuristics on our files (which I understand but in this case this is too much).
  • you're running software 'as-admin' where you shouldn't have to.

You might want to just cross-check your anti-virus logs for anything 'rxp' related and add appropriate exclusions at least during re-installation, and then to "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll" and "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim64.dll"

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm having the same problem. I've added the appropriate exclusions and my Kaspersky is going crazy also.

Don't forget about Windows Defender, check your exclusions there as well.

• Like 1

\Robert Hamlich/

22 hours ago, RXP said:
  • the anti-virus is preventing you from running our installers normally because of over-zealous heuristics on our files (which I understand but in this case this is too much).
  • you're running software 'as-admin' where you shouldn't have to.
  1. Why did Kaspersky not go so berserk when I previously installed it and I must say after all the above mentioned drama I had to RESTORE windows to a previous restore point because my windows was a complete mess?
  2. Why the "you don't have permission" when I manually want to run the installer and do I understand you correctly that you should NOT run the install file as admin?
  3. I had to completely uninstall all RXP software and files in order to get my Windows back to where it was before I ventured into this abyss ... and now I'm completely neurotic to even try the process again?

In other words, my XP is without my beloved GPS and I have NO clue how to install it except the way you usually install files without the drama.

PS: And @AVSIM, what does "NOTIFY ME OF REPLIES" mean ... if you don't get any notifications and your email address is correct?

Terblanche Jordaan

I had my installed Kaspersky antivirus flagging rxpGtnSim32.dll as a malware. I tested the file on VirusTotal site, it was detected as malware by several antivirus.

I'm not sure what is the problem.

50 minutes ago, vee71 said:

Okay, I'll check Windows Defender also. Thank You.

WD is disabled on my rig because Kaspersky handles everything and Kaspersky doesn't like this software ... not one single bit - and with Kaspersky disabled it made a complete mess of my Windows and when I turned Kaspersky back on after installing, it went mad trying to delete and quarantined the one file after the other.

Terblanche Jordaan

@hmatta @Terblanche The anti-virus false positive alert is already documented in the forum here:

Like with all anti-virus false positive, it is not enough to just disable the AV during installation. You'll have to also 'white list' the files in the AV program. You can usually do this from the quarantined files view, or at least, get their full path from this view and then add them one by one manually in the exclusion list. All the RXP file names start with 'rxp' followed with either 'GNS' or 'GTN'.

I'm sorry for the difficulty you're experiencing with our products but this is unfortunate Kaspersky is being overzealous all of a sudden.

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 minute ago, RXP said:

being overzealous all of a sudden.

... it's this "all of a sudden" that worries me, what has changed from previous installation? And why did Windows gone bonkers after it was installed and reset the UAC settings and a bunch of other stuff ...?

I really want to take your word that ALL IS SAVE to install with Kaspersky set to temporarily off, but how do we know ...?

Terblanche Jordaan

4 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

but how do we know ...?

You can never know 100%, but please click and read my post above to know what measures we're taking to prevent contamination from happening.

5 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

And why did Windows gone bonkers after it was installed and reset the UAC settings and a bunch of other stuff ..

Our software won't touch UAC settings or anything in your Windows installation. However, there is a great chance AV programs may do... I believe Kaspersky has been in the middle of a some controversies lately:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3235484/what-the-kaspersky-antivirus-hack-really-means.html

Kaspersky Lab’s 400 million users worldwide can’t be happy about recent news linking the company’s antivirus products to spying. The Russian government reportedly used the Moscow-based company’s software to steal sensitive information from American intelligence agents.

@vee71 Can you please detail exactly what kind of error you're getting?

Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl" in "rxpGNS-750-XP

antivirus flagging rxpGtnSim32.dll as a malware

I have excluded everything from being flagged and now I'm back to the black screen. even when it worked I had to pop out screen to use it. It doesn't even come on in the dash when it has worked.