Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

MOBO and CPU upgrade - ASUS Z390M Gaming and I9-9900k

I have been incrementally upgrading over the last six months and am ready to do the piece de resistance - MOBO and CPU.  I previously put in a 2080ti replacing a 1080 and as most have reported saw only a marginal increase in FPS.  Drives are already either M2's or SSD's, but will add a 6tb drive for scenery and larger storage.   I have Corsair watercoolers and radiator already and no heat issues at all. I am putting in the ASUS Z390M micro atx and i9-9900k.  I am going to do a complete re-install of everthing from Win10 up.  I did not do a complete reinstall with the last P3D hotfix.

It looks like ASUS has some very easy overclocking features.   Gonna start in a day or so....

Jeff Callender.

Jeff Callender