Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Whats in it for developers?

Guest fsxcess

Ok, while we all look at the nice features appearing in FSX, lets not forget that it is the developers that make FS what it is (they add the icing on the cake!) and provide FS with its long lifespan.I created this topic so that hopefully the FS Team would answer a few questions I and possibly everyone else has to do with the SDK and developer tools/info. Please add whatever you can think of.1. Flight dynamicsWill there be more substantial material written about the internal flight dynamics that we so desperatly need? Will STOL be available for harriers?2. gMaxWhats happening about a moddeling tool? Will we still be able to use gMax or are MS planning on using something else? Can we create custom shaders?3. Internal FS structures and varsWill we still have to rely on FSUIPC or will MS make available a type of XML based service so that our applications can query FS (ie GET and POST)?4. GaugesWill gauges still be made in C++ and XML? How much is the XML programming going to be extended. Will there be any weather radar functions?5. Force feedback - Would be nice to see FSForce capability or betterFire away guys :)

I tend to disagree. While there are many enhncements for FS, FS9 is pretty sweet out of the box, at least for GA types. Personally I'd like to see more support for FF as well and I am curious as to modelling support also.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

> .. so that our applications can query FS (ie GET and POST)?Flight sim is not a web server ;)

Guest fsxcess

dont be so precise. I am trying to get a point across!

I've asked about some of these same things and haven't seen much talk on this front.Since SDKs come out with some delay, I suppose the microsoft team doesn't really have answers for us.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest tdragger

>Since SDKs come out with some delay, I suppose the microsoft>team doesn't really have answers for us.Well, that's been the case up to now...

Hi,Tdragger has given you the answer if you read between the words. I have also heard that someone has been hired to create the SDK's this time, which will then (hopefully) be ready much closer to the sim's release.Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>Tdragger has given you the answer if you read between the>words. I have also heard that someone has been hired to>create the SDK's this time, which will then (hopefully) be>ready much closer to the sim's release.No kidding! Between the two of 'em they're giving out a LOT of information for those astute enough to notice... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator