Sign in to follow this  
jobepilot

Weird behavior

Hi Nico

I have the latest version of PSX, and realtraffic. The behaviour of aircraft is still very odd. Planes due to takeoff disappear completely, and aircraft are still landing sideways. This can be viewed on my live stream here Live streaming JFK

Any advice?

Balthasar from RealTraffic is working on it.

I too have an issue that began with v15.4:

It appears that after starting PSXseecontraffic, and P3D, then when exiting P3D, if PSXseecontraffic is minimized when P3D closes, every subsequent launch of PSXseecontraffic launches minimized. When this happens, I am not able to open the PSXseectraffic window from the taskbar.

This scenario can be tested without even running P3D. Start PSX, minimize to taskbar, rightclick PSX and select close window...upon starting PSX again it will be minimized with no possibility of reopening the PSX window.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

12 hours ago, somiller said:

It appears that after starting PSXseecontraffic, and P3D, then when exiting P3D, if PSXseecontraffic is minimized when P3D closes, every subsequent launch of PSXseecontraffic launches minimized. When this happens, I am not able to open the PSXseectraffic window from the taskbar.

This scenario can be tested without even running P3D. Start PSX, minimize to taskbar, rightclick PSX and select close window...upon starting PSX again it will be minimized with no possibility of reopening the PSX window.

Kind Regards,

Please start a new thread for a new issue.

57 minutes ago, kiek said:

Please start a new thread for a new issue.

Fixed in version 15.5 (this problem has been in it from the beginning...). 

EDIT: @Somiller in your case delete parameters MAIN_WINDOW_X and MAIN_WINDOW_Y from your parameters.xml first.

Edited by kiek

Here on 15.4 ; Traffic is working perfect on both networked pc’s.

On the server with 2 monitors in surround view I also have the minimizing GUI so I set the pictogram to maximize window...

Will update to 15.5 tomorrow though..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

38 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Will update to 15.5 tomorrow though..

15.6 already ... 😉

18 hours ago, somiller said:

Kind Regards,

Yep, same issue here. I need to hold "shift" while right click the icon, then select "move", in order for it to appear again.

Just saw the 15.5 update. Thank you!

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile

Just now, Tino said:

Yep, same issue here. I need to hold "shift" while right click the icon, then select "move", in order for it to appear again.

Solved in 15.6

• Upvote 1

I've never encountered the minimize problem before 15.4.

I always open PSXseecontraffic and minimize before launching P3D. After my flying session, I close P3D, and let PSXseecontraffic close on it's own (PSX is minimized when it closes), and PSX would always open normally. Only 15.4 was an issue for me. So I find it interesting you indicate that this problem has always existed.

15.5 works fine for me, no more minimize issue. I installed 15.5, launched PSX, it was minimized (and window wouldn't open). I closed PSX, launched again and then it was fine, and has never locked in minimized state.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

8 hours ago, somiller said:

So I find it interesting you indicate that this problem has always existed.

The only changes in 15.4 were :

"·   Bug fixed: if no new position was received, the heuristic that extended the live of the aircraft was activated too long (this slipped in recently). You may have noticed this in aircraft flying too long out from the lateral range, or aircraft standing too long still at the runway after landing.
·    The default values for including Light aircraft and Helicopters has changed to on."

Nothing related to saving window positions was changed. I've tried 15.3 and it gave the same problem... (here a link to 15.3) (maybe it works the first time. but the second time you're stuck)

But anyway, it works fine now. 🙂 

Thx for letting me know, I never minimize PSXT.

Nico

Edited by kiek

For your convenience: I've added a checkbox "Start PSXT minimized" to version 15.7

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

I hope I wasn't unclear in my earlier post...I didn't intend to suggest a need for a minimize on startup. I actually prefer to see the window to make sure everything is connected etc. and then manually minimize.

Sorry you spent the time to add this capability, although some may prefer it.

And yes, I also tested 15.3 and it locked minimized when started after being manually closed while minimized.

Interesting thing is that in my workflow, PSX was always closed while minimized (by P3D shutdown, not a manual close), but would always restart with a normal window.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

16 hours ago, somiller said:

I hope I wasn't unclear in my earlier post...I didn't intend to suggest a need for a minimize on startup. I actually prefer to see the window to make sure everything is connected etc. and then manually minimize.

I could change it such that it minimizes after "everythung is green" and restores if a side disconnects and or upon an error....