Sign in to follow this  

Here's one for the FS team

Guest christian

So it is true that there is only one DVD! ;) Christian

He must be talking about the Xbox version, and look the new sig..

Guest tdragger

Oops. Were you asking about the Windows version?

LOL---this is getting way to funny now :-yellow1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Robin.B

So THAT's why there's a big X in the middle of the XBOX 360 logo :D

The entire drive is 6GB, everything but Windows and a few things that insist on being on the system drive is already elsewhere...If your product doesn't understand itself being on another harddisk that's a problem with your product, not the operating system (which for addons FS is) it's running under.If anything I'd like MORE freedom in placing addons elsewhere, not less.

Most of the junks have no performance problems except the ones in their heads.I've had conversations with people who were disgusted with the poor framerates they were getting who were getting 50-100 fps consistently.They were hooked on that counter, not pleased until it hit some magic number which kept increasing in their heads as the actual number kept going up.I've been there myself, and got over it. Many others never get over it.

>So it is true that there is only one DVD! ;) >>Not necessarilly. The non-published hardware specs could include 10 DVD drives ;)

>Most of the junks have no performance problems except the>ones in their heads.>I've had conversations with people who were disgusted with the>poor framerates they were getting who were getting 50-100 fps>consistently.>They were hooked on that counter, not pleased until it hit>some magic number which kept increasing in their heads as the>actual number kept going up.>>I've been there myself, and got over it. Many others never get>over it.Hi Jwenting!Don't want to start a debate, it's just a personal curiosity: do you notice much difference when passing from, say 20-25fps, to 50fps (for example lowering sliders)? I must say I notice a big difference in smoothness, and the flight and feeling becomes much more pleasant. To the point that I prefer to give up a lot of eye candy to achieve at least consistent 40+ FPS. But then maybe it's a subjective matter, hence my curiosity. :DMarco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest wingnut2

> So it is true that there is only one DVD! Come on, why would you switch to DVD then ship just 1? FS9 came with 4CDs and that was back in 2003 with much lower quality mesh. X-plane is junk yet it now comes with 7 dual layered DVDs! Think about it...

The product understands it just fine, it's the customer who doesnt' when he/she runs into a problem and doesn't tell us that they have moved their stuff.Then we can't find it...lol.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

"Come on, why would you switch to DVD then ship just 1? "Ummm... COGS?*2 cost more than 1...Although it would be easier to bring back the CD check security mechanism with multiple DVDs... Cheers,Jason*Cost Of Goods and Services

No, I noticed no difference in smoothness at all over about 15fps.And that was with FS2000 where fps WERE some sort of indication for smoothness, which they no longer are.In FS2004 I've experienced smooth animation at under 10fps but also extreme choppiness at 100.I now keep it locked at I think 22 and hit 20 almost consistently with most combinations of aircraft/scenery/weather, and it works a charm.No stutters, no (or hardly any) "blurries" (certainly no more than in the real world), smooth as a baby's behind.

Ohh come on! The cost of DVDs for manufactures is probably 30 cents! (or less). The extra value it provides to the product and to consumers is worth alot more..

Guest tdragger

30 cents? Where are you getting yours? Let us know!