Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

FSDT Chicago a few days from release.

Just announce. 

https://fselite.net/previews/fsdreamteam-chicago-ohare-coming-in-a-few-days/

I am really interested in how performance will be with all the eye candy involved. How much will we have to disable to get smoothness. The big test will be on approach at night. If you own KMEM or KSDF you know what I mean. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Thanks for the info. Looks great. Man I bet it's going to be a performance hog.

Vic green

Another Video. I'm craving a Big Mac now, hahahaha.

FSDT KORD V2 - Inside Terminal 1 C

For those who don't use Facebook or go to the FSDT forums. Here is what they posted on KORDv2. 

- The whole internal of the terminal, is not loaded normally. In order to trigger a load, you must cross the inside perimeter (usually on foot, in Avatar mode), and only then the detailed interior will be loaded. Until then, it will just sit on the disk, not taking away any processing whatsoever. In normal use, inside the airplane, a way less detailed version of the interior will be seen instead.

- We are still working on some final optimizations, to allow passengers to be seen from the outside, but not when flying or taxing not particularly close to the terminal, and we'll have an option to disable the passengers with the usual YouControl menu, not requiring a restart.

- There are dozen of working display, which shows AI information in realtime. In this video, we use UT Live, so there's a small issue of not seeing the correct time of Departure or Arrival, since UT Live doesn't use a completely standard system of AI schedules and don't make that info available to other add-ons. But other kind of traffic, which use the standard schedule system, will show the correct departure/arrival times as well.

- The displays use the Render To Texture system in DirectX so, even if there are dozen of displays, they affect fps just like one panel.

- The scenery is made entirely in PBR, and it's compiled 100% using the P3D4.5 SDK (it will still work with 4.4 though, but not less than that). There isn't a SINGLE file made for FSX. The only thing you see there which work on FSX too are...the GSX passengers.

Edited by TalonMX
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Looks good, hopefully if blends well with DD Chicago City.

8 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Thanks for the info. Looks great. Man I bet it's going to be a performance hog.

The DD one was a stutterfest on my system I did one flight 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

With FSDT airports I don't worry about performance or the quality because there's a try before you buy.

My primary concern is doing a long flight only to find the buildings missing. It has happened too many times for me not to be concerned.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Not purchased any addon for some time nothing interested me this may change things have FSDT KORD, will look at this for sure.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I am looking forward to this one. Excited to hear how it compares to DD’s package and will purchase based on that. 

Orman

I passed on DD because I am quite happy with the Fly Tampa KMDY and didn't want to pay for an extra airport I wouldn't use especially since FSDT is offering a discount for owners of their previous version. If they would sell these Chicago airports separately like New York I would consider.

Vic green

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

With FSDT airports I don't worry about performance or the quality because there's a try before you buy.

My primary concern is doing a long flight only to find the buildings missing. It has happened too many times for me not to be concerned.

Weird I own almost all of their airports and have never experienced this...

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

9 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

The DD one was a stutterfest on my system I did one flight 

That's surprising. Its very smooth on my system and others I fly with online. We just did a small group flight into KORD in various aircraft and we were commenting on how smooth it was.  

Dan

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Do you activate scenery and deactivate scenery? 

When I did that I would not get any building (FSDT) until  I shut P3D down and restart it. Then all was fine very time.

So if you do the activate/deactivate you now know why you lost all building. You must reboot P3D after with FSDT airports.

If that's not the problem then sorry I cannot help.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

I've had this happen when arriving KIAH only, none of the others that I can recall.  The fix is simply use the menu to Restart Couatl and everything appears in a few seconds.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I've been waiting for this one for so long. Glad it's finally almost here. Besides the fact we need an up-to-date ORD, it's the fact it's a full PBR scenery which makes this very intriguing.

Edited by threegreen
Edit became redundant.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD