Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

FSDT Chicago a few days from release.

27 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I've been waiting for this one for so long. Glad it's finally almost here. Besides the fact we need an up-to-date ORD, it's the fact it's a full PBR scenery which makes this very intriguing.

EDIT: I just read the FSDT forums and Facebook page. Where does it say it's a few days from release? What it says on the forums is "For release only a few tests yet". Could be days, could be weeks. Seems like FSElite misread again.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21343.msg146653.html#msg146653

5 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

In that case, FSElite did a good job digging that one out. That estimated release announcement is rather low-key.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Calling @virtuali... Maybe virtuali can clarify.

Edited by BillS511

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Do you activate scenery and deactivate scenery? 

When I did that I would not get any building (FSDT) until  I shut P3D down and restart it. Then all was fine very time.

So if you do the activate/deactivate you now know why you lost all building. You must reboot P3D after with FSDT airports.

If that's not the problem then sorry I cannot help.

In the past I needed to either download and update to the latest airport or reinstall the addon manager. After a full upgrade to win 10, I decided to download all the FSDT airports and do a fresh install, then do the full update of GSX v2. So far I have not seen any errors, but I have not done any long flight to FSDT airports in a long time. The updater has improved significantly, so maybe couatl errors are a thing of the past.

Keep in mind I've been a customer since the original Orlando was released. I've gone through many updates and a new sim. I've seen too many errors over that time. I'm always a bit nervous when using FSDT airports, but there's no denying that they are outstanding!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Looking forward to having this major hub back in P3D again, especially with FSDT’s usually quality. 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 hours ago, threegreen said:

In that case, FSElite did a good job digging that one out. That estimated release announcement is rather low-key.

That's because there hasn't been any proper announcement. That was more like an informal hint of what is *likely* to happen but, as explained so many times already, it's no use announcing a date, which can always change even at the last minute, considering that was a reply related to the GSX update.

The scenery is basically finished, we are in the final optimization stage ( the scenery developers calls me "the fps cop", which is where I check the scenery for all places where fps could be improved ), to tune performances and, if this takes longer than expected, there's the issue of most of us going in vacation the next week, and we might decide to release it later in the month, to be sure we don't release something with the whole team away, which would prevent us to fix any possible post release problems with our usual blazing speed. In this case, we'll release the GSX update first.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Oh well. Stand down guys. Credit card back in wallet.

Vic green

5 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Oh well. Stand down guys. Credit card back in wallet.

Indeed. That is a bit of a bummer.

That's fine I'll take it out for the new e-jets which are also "on final" 🤣

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

While the terminal interior looks good and I understand it won't hit the system until you get close to it in avatar mode...

...I may be in the minority when I say I hope this type of rendering doesn't become commonplace for FS. I'll probably walk through the terminal once in Avatar mode and say "wow this is cool!" and never do it again.

To have to wait an extra few weeks/months for this type of modelling to be done is a shame.. I'm looking forward to this scenery but would much rather have had it earlier without these gimmicks.

But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

While the terminal interior looks good and I understand it won't hit the system until you get close to it in avatar mode...

...I may be in the minority when I say I hope this type of rendering doesn't become commonplace for FS. I'll probably walk through the terminal once in Avatar mode and say "wow this is cool!" and never do it again.

To have to wait an extra few weeks/months for this type of modelling to be done is a shame.. I'm looking forward to this scenery but would much rather have had it earlier without these gimmicks.

Put me in the same bracket. Once and done.
I probably won't bother with avatar in the terminal after the first try.

I like seeing the passengers if there's a glass fronted terminal, PBR used throughout and the functioning stand information panels.

What I'd really like to see is whether animated service vehicles can be either forced to stop and hold when close to taxiing aircraft. Alternatively, could they be designed to not be drawn when inside a certain distance, but later reappear when outside the conflict radius.

A little disheartened by the 'new delay', but FPS is paramount. IMO, it will be well worth it when it's eventually released.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

I’m in the same camp as well.  Heck, I can’t remember the last time I’ve even used avatar mode (I’ve disabled it and just use Chase Plane if I need look around), not to mention wanting to look inside a terminal.

When presented the option, I disable most terminal interior items on sceneries.  I’d rather have the uptick in performance, as well as disk space back, and not have developers spend their resources on gimmicks (while adding to schedule) because I sure can’t see myself using them.  

If it’s not directly related to what I see out the flight deck or the immediate exterior of the aircraft, it’s typically of very little interest to me.  I don’t care what people are in the bathroom of the tower and what color the carpeting or tiles are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

2 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

f it’s not directly related to what I see out the flight deck or the immediate exterior of the aircraft, it’s typically of very little interest to me.  I don’t care what people are in the bathroom of the tower and what color the carpeting or tiles are.

Ditto... I don't think I'll ever find a reason to use something like an Avatar mode. I might agree that a preflight walk around might work out in a simulation, if the aircraft simulated the stuff one is interested in during this procedure.  However, wandering around the terminal or on the ramp is not where I want to spend my time.  Another example of including arcade game features to broaden the market I guess.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

Completely agree!!

When I fly GA aicrafts I really don't care what is in the terminals or facilities of an airport.

When I fly airliners, I don't care what is in the terminals but I can understand folks who like seeing something through the glasses of the terminals. But in that case it does not need to be detailed IMHO. I really dont see the point to model a Mac Donald's with a nice looking and animated lady even if it's not activated or fps consuming unless you walk into the terminal.

• Upvote 1

- TONY -