Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

FSDT Chicago a few days from release.

2 hours ago, Bigt said:

Not for nothing, but just because they are respected members of the community doesn't mean they can't/shouldn't be criticized at times.

Ugh......who are "we" to criticize a supplier who is doing this based on free will? We didn´t even "order" something. Why critizicing and not "asking" about the purpose of this feature? That is the most common way not to harm AND learn something (regardless what). This is exactly what I ment in my quote on the reaction of Virtuali. This kind of communication/critizicing is to aggressive. It can be done much better. 

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Ugh......who are "we" to criticize a supplier who is doing this based on free will? We didn´t even "order" something. Why critizicing and not "asking" about the purpose of this feature? That is the most common way not to harm AND learn something (regardless what). This is exactly what I ment in my quote on the reaction of Virtuali. This kind of communication/critizicing is to aggressive. It can be done much better. 

Look bud, I don't know how old you are or what you do for a living, but nothing in here is aggressive. My previous comment in this topic was simply in agreement that all of the fancy interior modeling is something I likely will not use. If that was too aggressive for you, please go find a safe space.

Second of all, criticism can be, and often is, a good thing. People are also allowed to ask questions and voice their opinions. If you don't agree with them, that is also fine. Differing opinions is also a good thing.

And "free will". You make it sound as if they are running a charity. Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I excited by the vast majority of what has been announced/showcased for KORD v2.

However, there is an aspect that I and a few people on this thread don't like. We've expressed our opinions. The developers at FSDT can take it as free feedback. All good manufacturers and service providers should be happy to receive comments, even if they (like some simmers on this thread) choose to disagree with this feedback.

It is just as valid and acceptable as those giving unfettered praise. By giving our thoughts we are helping the developers create a product which beats the competing scenery and entices more simmers to buy it.

Surely, that's a win for everyone?

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 hours ago, Bigt said:

Not for nothing, but just because they are respected members of the community doesn't mean they can't/shouldn't be criticized at times.

I agree, but why are we criticizing them for putting *more* detail in? Especially when that detail isn't going to impact flight performance.

I've done some online world-building in a former life, and I'll tell ya - people love to snark no matter what you do. "Why didn't you make that building interactive?" Fine, I'll make it interactive. "Why the @#$@ did you waste time making that building interactive!? You suck!"

It's important to consider why you're criticizing something. If it's because it impacts the overall experience, fine. If it's simply because it's not something you, personally, are interested in, then maybe not-so-fine.

I don't personally care about working monitors in the cabin of airplanes, because I don't spend any time in the cabin of airplanes. I'm busy flying them. But most devs of higher-end addon aircraft flesh out the cabin fairly extensively. Doesn't do anything for me, but others like it, and who am I to complain?

The attitude I sometimes see reminds me of my elderly mother and her cars. She likes luxury cars, but doesn't like all the technology in them because she doesn't want to learn how to use it. She often says things like "I don't understand why they put this stuff in here. I'd never use it."  Yeah, but the car isn't designed specifically for you. If you want a car designed to your exact specifications you're going to have to commission a bespoke "Eslader's Mom" edition and it's gonna cost you at least a million.

If we want addons custom-tailored to us as individuals, then we should expect to pay bespoke prices for them. Personally, I like paying 30 or 40 bucks for an airport rather than commissioning my own custom one for a few thousand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"I don't care much for this feature that they are showcasing" =/= "I think FSDT should not have included this feature"

I'm sure the FSDT team has a good reason for including it.

All I'm saying is it will not impact my decision to purchase the scenery or not (for the record, this is a day 1 purchase for me regardless of the terminal modelling or not).

Giving a personal opinion on something is not the same as criticizing a decision. And as stated in my initial post on this subject "it was only my personal opinion".

First, understand that I wasn't targeting you specifically, but everyone who criticizes releases.

And yeah, we know it's your (their) opinion, but people who create things for people will read those opinions and it's not exactly encouraging to be told you're screwing up all the time. It'd be good for us to bear that in mind when we're critiquing and save the "you shouldn't have done this" stuff for the stuff that really negatively impacts the product, rather than just stuff we don't care about and wouldn't have spent time developing it if we were developing the products... Which we're not. 😉

6 hours ago, eslader said:

First, understand that I wasn't targeting you specifically, but everyone who criticizes releases.

And yeah, we know it's your (their) opinion, but people who create things for people will read those opinions and it's not exactly encouraging to be told you're screwing up all the time. It'd be good for us to bear that in mind when we're critiquing and save the "you shouldn't have done this" stuff for the stuff that really negatively impacts the product, rather than just stuff we don't care about and wouldn't have spent time developing it if we were developing the products... Which we're not. 😉

We're just discussing and providing feedback on the products. What should these forums be for? Praising developers left and right?

Of course, FSDT will get their numbers from the sales and make adjustments as to what detail they want to put into their next product, as any good product developer would.

But that shouldn't stop people here from giving their opinion, whether positive or negative.

I gain nothing from a 3D terminal to walk through. Do I mind it? Of course not. That's my feedback, and that was the response of others who commented on this thread as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

To ease things up a bit here, here's a new O'Hare video. It appears to perform pretty good and the PBR looks amazing.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Simply amazing work.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Looks really nice and looking forward to it. Hoping it will be released before the end of the month.

Orman

I guess coming in a few days doesn't include this week seeing they released another video. I would have liked to seen the video with weather, ai traffic and a payware plane in the video to see how smooth it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

26 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

I would have liked to seen the video with weather, ai traffic and a payware plane in the video to see how smooth it is. 

I agree. This new speed test vid is 100% totally useless to 100% of anybody who would buy it, because they all have AI WX GSX PMDG/FSL etc....

As far as I'm concerned (not speaking for anybody else), this new ORD came too late in the first place. Now that MSFS in going to be new soon, if MSFS has ORD to current specs and looks anything like LAX in the trailer, FSDT could very well have wasted their effort. No scheming speed test vid will help.

Yes it looks great and it is amazing work - Looks and hard work are not everything.

I cant wait to see the FPS reports after this is released.🧐 

• Upvote 1

I was hoping to get a deep dish pizza in Chicago this weekend. I wish they'd release it.

Eric 

59 minutes ago, pracines said:

Now that MSFS in going to be new soon, if MSFS has ORD to current specs and looks anything like LAX in the trailer, FSDT could very well have wasted their effort. No scheming speed test vid will help.

I agree that FSDT has been slow to release KORD but I don't see it as a waste of time due to MSFS. For one it will still be some time before developers release 3rd party add-ons after it's released. Second P3Dv4/5 is not going anywhere. Many of us will be flying P3D until MSFS has come to a point where we can transition over and not feel were missing something. It was this way from FSX->P3D->P3D64. 

There is still a lot of unanswered questions about MSFS to say they are wasting time or for others to say they will stop purchasing add-ons for P3D due to MSFS.  

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, pracines said:

Now that MSFS in going to be new soon, if MSFS has ORD to current specs and looks anything like LAX in the trailer, FSDT could very well have wasted their effort.

Let's assume for a second that MSFS ends up being the successor to P3D (a huge assumption at this point...)

We're still at least a year (if not much more...) out from release. And that's just your vanilla simulator. 

Assuming it's like FSX/FS2004 at release (i.e. flyable aircraft but nothing near study level), you're looking at another few years on top at minimum for PMDG/FSLabs lever birds to be out for the platform. 

So at that point, you're buying FSDT's ORD for 1-3 years before moving over to a new platform? That's still a decent investment; and that's assuming everything goes perfectly for MSFS.

Even with MSFS on the horizon, I still think this will probably be one of FSDT's best selling scenery products ever. It doesn't matter how long people use it; it matters if they buy it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4