Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

FSDT Chicago a few days from release.

44 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I was hoping to get a deep dish pizza in Chicago this weekend. I wish they'd release it.

LOL. I will be traveling there next week. ( https://giordanos.com ) This is the place to go, you can actually order it online and they will ship it to you.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

5 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

I agree that FSDT has been slow to release KORD but I don't see it as a waste of time due to MSFS. For one it will still be some time before developers release 3rd party add-ons after it's released. Second P3Dv4/5 is not going anywhere. Many of us will be flying P3D until MSFS has come to a point where we can transition over and not feel were missing something. It was this way from FSX->P3D->P3D64. 

There is still a lot of unanswered questions about MSFS to say they are wasting time or for others to say they will stop purchasing add-ons for P3D due to MSFS.  

You needed to read what I said more carefully. The word "if" is overlooked so much these days.

Again, IF the new MSFS has an ORD looking like the LAX in the trailer (not to mention the hangar shot!), FSDT could very well have wasted their effort. 

Until I have MSFS to see for myself, I will not buy a single add-on for P3D or any other sim, because it may be a waste of the money I have; for me its better to give to the poor.

This is an observation on my part based on what the trailer contains, not unanswered questions. If LAX looks that good, there is little chance ORD and any other major airport wont look as good, especially if a minor hanger is represented in such a way. Granted, the LAX and hanger shot may very well be cut scenes for missions, and that is why I said IF.

7 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

Let's assume for a second that MSFS ends up being the successor to P3D (a huge assumption at this point...)

We're still at least a year (if not much more...) out from release. And that's just your vanilla simulator. 

Assuming it's like FSX/FS2004 at release (i.e. flyable aircraft but nothing near study level), you're looking at another few years on top at minimum for PMDG/FSLabs lever birds to be out for the platform. 

So at that point, you're buying FSDT's ORD for 1-3 years before moving over to a new platform? That's still a decent investment; and that's assuming everything goes perfectly for MSFS.

Even with MSFS on the horizon, I still think this will probably be one of FSDT's best selling scenery products ever. It doesn't matter how long people use it; it matters if they buy it.

You are assuming gold release - I assume alpha/beta test.🙂 

13 minutes ago, pracines said:

Again, IF the new MSFS has an ORD looking like the LAX in the trailer (not to mention the hangar shot!), FSDT could very well have wasted their effort.

Going by that logic every developer who is currently developing something for today's sims is wasting their effort. The point is no one has seen MSFS coming and what's currently in the works has been started a long time ago. It's some time until MSFS is even released and then you're still looking at the wait for addons to catch up. You could easily be using this scenery for 3 years in P3D in which case it would certainly be no waste.

Developers will take MSFS into consideration when planning future projects, but they are not going to stop all their ongoing projects and just sit and watch what comes of MSFS.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

Going by that logic every developer who is currently developing something for today's sims is wasting their effort. The point is no one has seen MSFS coming and what's currently in the works has been started a long time ago. It's some time until MSFS is even released and then you're still looking at the wait for addons to catch up. You could easily be using this scenery for 3 years in P3D in which case it would certainly be no waste.

Developers will take MSFS into consideration when planning future projects, but they are not going to stop all their ongoing projects and just sit and watch what comes of MSFS.

Concerning whether I buy FSDT ORD or not is a personal choice. I'm not thinking about the "release" of MSFS. My understanding is that there will be a beta test for MSFS, and if I'm a part of it, I will likely be busy with that, and not P3D (even with FSDT ORD) or any other sim. If there is not a beta test, or I'm not invited, and the timeline is more like 1-3 years, then I will reevaluate. 

But either way, once again go back to what I originally said - I specifically said I was speaking for myself. You and everybody else can do/think what you wish.🙂

I would much rather MSFS be a huge success than FSDT KORD or any other add-on for any other sim at this point. But if MSFS is not a success, then I will resume normal P3D/add-on purchases.

Wow guys, I feel this thread is about to go off track.

Lets come back to FSDT KORD.  

I am super excited about this addon and based on what I see, it will be a smashing success!!!

I want this airport addon !!!!!

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

13 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Wow guys, I feel this thread is about to go off track.

It has actually just come back on track.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

few days ?  is it released ?

Michael Moe

They are going on vacation so if you do not see news about a release it will be the end of this month. Too bad but what can we do.

Here's another one with traffic and weather.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Knowing my self and my limited self-control in sim matters, I will probably get FSDT's KORD. However, the decision between FSDT and DD is not as easy as I expected it to be.

FSDT has done an impressive job do implement new features and I have to say that that modeling, PBR and the DirectX11 panels are very interesting features.

But at the same time I can see some parts of the scenery that does not cut it for me. For example, the grass textures look very unnatural. I remembering that Umberto mentioned that the grass layer is procedural generated to make future expansions and changes easier. But I rather prefer a photo-texture than this solution. KCLT's ground does look similar and I can not say that I like it too much. Also, the concrete textures are very brownish and ragged compared to the bright concrete at the real O'Hare. It just misses a bit of the nuanced details.

Another issue for me is the construction kit-usage of GSX jetways. I know that those are the USP of GSX L2 and give FSDT more flexibility (logos, signs...). However, they just look a bit clumsy for me and - my main issue - they do not dock to AI (yes, I know it is supposed to be in the works, but for how long?).

Overall, I think that the more recent releases since KIAH got a look that is for my taste a tad to comic-ish (grounds, buildings). Older products like LSGG or PHNL have a far more natural texturing and color palette than the recent releases. I guess it is mostly a designer's individual signature that is shaping the looks of the products. But compared to Flightbeam, FlyTampa or DD for this case, FSDT is falling a bit short lately to capture a more natural look for ground and buildings.

But at the same time, they give us the appreciated functionality to test their products and I yet have to see Chicago in the sim. Judging solely on some YouTube videos is also a bit unfair from my side. So let's wait and see how the final product will look.

• Like 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Appreciating the profit motive greatly for what it has provided our lives let me say I respect any developers decision to target their product for max return. As a consumer of almost all of FSDT's products I have demonstrated that approval with cash. Since a forum is suppose to be an exchange of ideas suffer me to express my unqualified desire as a consumer.

The first word in Flight Sim is Flight. IMO the grand finale of any flight is a smooth realistic landing. If I'm hand flying my 747-8F I don't want pauses and stutters after I'm Outer Marker inbound.  Performance is king to me. If I'm curious about the internal views of the terminals I can google the airport and find plenty of photos and videos of the airport or even the city I landed in after the flight and I've enjoyed doing this often. Take a virtual tour during lay over if you will. Flightbeam's KMSP, KSFO and other offerings are visually stunning airports but I find more performance friendly then later FSDT products, especially KSDF and KMEM. Just my experience. I rather have better performance then eye candy but if eye candy is what sells who can fault? 

As far as calling user criticism whining I put much more stock  in what I read on AVSIM from users over any gushing infomercial disguised as a review to help me with buying decisions. Developers should be ready to receive criticism and preferences with objective maturity and should find them helpful and not consider it a personal attack on them or their work. After studying this thread I feel inclined to take a more serious look at the Drzewiecki offering  as I need an up to date KORD for one of my Atlas Air focus cities.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

4 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Appreciating the profit motive greatly for what it has provided our lives let me say I respect any developers decision to target their product for max return. As a consumer of almost all of FSDT's products I have demonstrated that approval with cash. Since a forum is suppose to be an exchange of ideas suffer me to express my unqualified desire as a consumer.

The first word in Flight Sim is Flight. IMO the grand finale of any flight is a smooth realistic landing. If I'm hand flying my 747-8F I don't want pauses and stutters after I'm Outer Marker inbound.  Performance is king to me. If I'm curious about the internal views of the terminals I can google the airport and find plenty of photos and videos of the airport or even the city I landed in after the flight and I've enjoyed doing this often. Take a virtual tour during lay over if you will. Flightbeam's KMSP, KSFO and other offerings are visually stunning airports but I find more performance friendly then later FSDT products, especially KSDF and KMEM. Just my experience. I rather have better performance then eye candy but if eye candy is what sells who can fault? 

As far as calling user criticism whining I put much more stock  in what I read on AVSIM from users over any gushing infomercial disguised as a review to help me with buying decisions. Developers should be ready to receive criticism and preferences with objective maturity and should find them helpful and not consider it a personal attack on them or their work. After studying this thread I feel inclined to take a more serious look at the Drzewiecki offering  as I need an up to date KORD for one of my Atlas Air focus cities.   

+1 A+ excellent!

can anyone confirm if Drzewiecki ORD has realistic parking radius for AI/user aircraft at the gates for ORD? That was kind of a letdown for me with KSEA. I liked how the airport was updated to how it will look after construction is done but It was an immersion killer to see all the Alaska 737s clipping wings in the N gates because they are too close together. I believe the C gates were a little tight as well with Horizon Q400s clipping wings in the parking spots too