Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

Aerosoft EGLL pro or EDDF pro?

Hi all!

I am currently debating between getting Aerosoft’s EGLL or EDDF for p3dv4. Both default airports are messed up so I could do either. Price is just about the same but I also want to be able to fly real world routes into the US mainly, I know EGLL would be better for this but FRA is probably better quality. I am going to get both airports I am just not sure which one to get first. 

Thank you!

Simon S.

Edited by pilot10112

IMO, Frankfurt Pro is superior. I say this as someone whose local airport is EGLL. I think the texturing is better and the whole place just feels more 'alive' than EGLL and that's before I even mention the poor modelling of T5A at ground level.

Performance is better for me as the Frankfurt area is not as intensive a scenery location as London is.

Plenty of real world routes EDDF - USA on a variety of airlines and aircraft types.

You'll probably like both, but I think EDDF is worth full price, whereas EGLL is better whenever it goes on sale.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I agree that EDDF is likely a bit better than EGLL  but not by much, really it comes down to what airlines/aircraft/routes you most want to fly.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Honestly they are both great. I have them both. But they have a different atmosphere. LHR feels like a mega airport whereas FRA feels like an airport of the 80s that has been put up to date somewhat. FRA is way smaller, and a bit easier to get into. EGLL has better textures, better mesh, and sode jetways from the factory. FRA offers a ton more FPS and a chilled experience, because it has more runways. 

I'm glad you made a choice! You wouldn't have been dissapointed in any case by either of these 😉

Both are great sceneries but I would say get EDDF instead because you don't have such a high FPS hit with the surrounding area...

23 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

Both are great sceneries but I would say get EDDF instead because you don't have such a high FPS hit with the surrounding area...

What he said.  Egll is a mess always has been since fs2002. Same old hooker with a  fancy new dress

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

What he said.  Egll is a mess always has been since fs2002. Same old hooker with a  fancy new dress

IMO the london area seriosly needs optimisation both from LM and ORBX. In such a way the loading radius would decrease within entering the LON fir for example. The problem is that the sim wants to load all 5 airports at the same time! Which is a pity because apart from this massive issue the scenery is better in all ways (which is logic cuz it was made 3 years ago or so)