Sign in to follow this  
Hari

Thinking of buying the Ovation

Fellow simmers, Greeting!!,

I am thinking of buying the Ovation 

1) How do i UPDATE the database ( Airports, Waypoints, SIDs, STARS)  if I do NOT install  GTN750 ?

2) Does the Autopilot panel have a functional VNAV button?

Best Regards

Hari

Hi Hari,

The Alabeo Mooney M20 Ovation has a GNS530 with a TERR button instead of the VNAV button. I believe the real GNS 530 has a VNAV button from the pictures I've seen. The GNS 530 reads the default data from the flight simulator and cannot be updated far as I know.

The auto pilot had an "ALT" button with a UP/DN rocket switch and a separate altitude selector with a digital display.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

John Cottreau

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Thank you John

What about updating the database to get more current SIDS/Stars Etc? Does it use AIRAC from Navigraph?

Best Regrds

Hari

21 minutes ago, Hari said:

Thank you John

What about updating the database to get more current SIDS/Stars Etc? Does it use AIRAC from Navigraph?

Best Regrds

Hari

Hi Hari,

A GNS 530 - doesn't have airways so no SIDS/STARS - that's one of the best features of the newer GTN's (the addition of airways)... You can update the Garmin Trainer database if you use a product like RXP or F1 - but you need a cost prohibitive (hundreds of dollars) real world database to make it work...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thank you Scott, Looks like if i buy this, the only way to get  a "semi " current (SID/ STAR , airways etc, as current as last Jeppessen's update is)  is to go the route of GTN750/650. 

Best regards

hari

You could probably use fsaerodata or similar to update the database. But, this is a Mooney after all. How often would you need to load a SID/Star in a Mooney? ATC would likely vector you away from other traffic anyway.

Just my thoughts.

Jesse

• Like 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

On all addon purchases I've ever made in p3d, the GTN750/650 is the best 👍

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M