Sign in to follow this  
dmayan

CTD while changing settings (resolved) (Truehaze)

Hi guys,

While I change settings on my GTN750 and GTN650 (settings menu on plugins) , 4 of 5 times; X-Plane crashes to desktop. Happened to me on Pilatus PC-12 (with REP 4.22) and SIAI Marchetti SF-260 REP 4.22

Attached LOG.TXT link

https://pastebin.com/Ww24p0P3

X-Plane 11.35

X-Plane folder excepted from Windows Defender

Thanks!!

Edited by dmayan
Added versions

Hi,

Is this happening with the default Baron 58 as well?

You might want to use this tool to get precise information about the crash site:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

Can you please post the latest XP11 crash report?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi and thank you for your answer.

The nirsoft utility doesn´t find any crash report, even when running as admin (x-plane or gtn related crashes). What I found is that X-Plane CTDs, but the proccess remains stuck, so I have to kill it to be able to launch X-Plane again.

Yesterday I tried with the Airfoillabs B350 (Using the GTN725) and it did the same. Engines, avionics and battery off, tried to change a setting. It remained in the settings windows for 2 o 3 secs and then CTD. Anyway, I managed to change the settings I wanted via the INI file.

Let me know if I can give any more data on the issue!

Title says it.

GTN725 on Airfoillabs B350, without doing anythin, it freezes and has to be killed with process manager. No crash report.

I'm attaching the log.txt

https://pastebin.com/GqzWfFJM

Have another topic open on another crash and the developers are silent. I think we deserve better support after spending money on them.

thanks

@dmayan Hi,

Thank your for the log files, it helps a lot.

The XPlane log file doesn't show anything particular that I know of, except I note you're using some 'enhancement' scripts and there has been CTD in the past with these. For example:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/169886-game-crashing-because-of-truehazelua/

You might want to review your TrueHaze.lua, TrueLights.lua, TrueXXXX.lua etc...

As for the GTN crash report, it seems to point to an issue in the GTN when dealing with the fuel projection for the 'ring reserve'. It fails at the instruction which multiplies 2 numbers and there is nothing particularly evident to explain the crash there, but I'm searching.

You might want to disable Shadin Fuel and see if it is more stable over time, then if so, re-enable Shadin Fuel and compare if this re-introduces frequent crashes.

Please don't hesitate to post additional reports with AppCrashView if anything changes. In particular the 2 values of interests are: 

Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=CDP.DLL
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=6.62.0.0
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c00002b4
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=000fd83d

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 8/10/2019 at 6:17 PM, dmayan said:

I think we deserve better support after spending money on them.

I agree fully and you can rest assured we are doing our best. However, please don't expect an answer in a minute or so: a crash investigation and resolution is certainly taking way more time to deal with than any other kind of support request. At least, we're dealing with all these as fast as possible.

Thank you for your reply.

As you say, disabling Truehaze (True-everything, in fact) solved the CTD after flying for a while.

I will contribute with everything you need. Is there anything else, please tell me.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the update!

I fail to find why such 'extensions' which are supposed to act only on the XPlane process are actually having an impact on another process (the trainer). Usually this error code with the floating point unit (c00002b4) may be triggered in any program when there is a bug/issue with the video card driver too.

It might be your driver version has a bug (NVIDIA 430.86).

There is a newer one for your card like this one (431.60):
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/148868/en-us

Yep. Drivers are a common point of failure. Will update the drivers and see what happens.

thanks!

Hi,

Removing TrueXXXX solved the CTD after a few minutes of flight.

Removing reshader solved the CTD while changing settings!! << this is new

Thank you for your time!! Cheers!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, dmayan said:

Removing TrueXXXX solved the CTD after a few minutes of flight.

This one most likely was affecting XP11 which in turn was affecting our plugin somehow.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, dmayan said:

Removing reshader solved the CTD while changing settings!! << this is new 

This one though is clearly what my post above is all about: they intercept the calls between the application and the graphics card on in this case they most likely fail because our settings window is a child window of the XPlane window and Reshader might just have difficulties to handle this case.